English name for a Chinese

Hey everyone!
I am a Chinese and I am searching for an English name for myself right now. To me, it’s really a hard work to do so as there is hundreds of name there and it is difficult to make decision. My Chinese name is [name]Chan[/name] [name]Chi[/name] Ho, “[name]Chi[/name] Ho” together makes up the first name, and “[name]Chan[/name]” is my last name.
I have thought of [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Harry[/name], that is “[name]Charles[/name] [name]Chan[/name]” and “[name]Harry[/name] [name]Chan[/name]”. My sisters are [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Joey[/name] and [name]Elaine[/name]. Originally I was called Kazaf which is a movie name. But I just want to have a real existing one, do you all have others suggestion?
Really thanks a lot,
[name]Chi[/name] Ho

I wouldn’t go with [name]Charles[/name] [name]Chan[/name] because it sounds kind of like a comic book character. [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Chan[/name] is a famous name - maybe an actor or a detective character. I would definitely steer clear of that name. [name]Harry[/name] [name]Chan[/name] has a nice sound. You could have the full name [name]Henry[/name] with the nickname [name]Harry[/name]. Or [name]Harrison[/name] nn [name]Harry[/name] [name]Chan[/name].

Other ideas:
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name] [name]Chan[/name] with the full name [name]Daniel[/name], not [name]Dan[/name]. [name]Dan[/name] [name]Chan[/name] rhymes. Doesn’t sound right.
[name]Evan[/name] [name]Chan[/name] - this kind of rhymes, but I like it. Celtic.
[name]Isaac[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Chan[/name] - [name]Jacob[/name] is one of the most popular boys’ names.
[name]Jesse[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] [name]Chan[/name] - I think Celtic first names sound great with Chinese last names!
[name]Philip[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Chan[/name] - Celtic
[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Chan[/name]

I have a friend named [name]Franklin[/name] who is usually called “[name]Lin[/name].”
That might combine both the “American” aspect with a nickname that sounds Chinese.

I have quite a few chinese friends who use English names. One cool thing that a few of them have done is to find a name that means something similar to what their name means in chinese. What does your name mean?

[name]Chi[/name] means aspiration or ambition, that is "a will to succeed " or “a strong drive for success”.
Ho means “powerful and strong” or “outstanding in intelligence or talent”.
[name]Do[/name] you have any ideas after knowing about these meanings?

[name]Chi[/name] means aspiration or ambition, that is "a will to succeed " or “a strong drive for success”.
[name]Do[/name] you have any ideas after knowing about these meanings?[/quote]

[name]Edward[/name] means “wealthy guardian”. Sounds like success. I love [name]Edward[/name] so much!
[name]Felix[/name] means “happy and fortunate”. Sounds successful, too.
I will look up some more.

[name]Do[/name] you have any ideas after knowing about these meanings?[/quote]

[name]Edward[/name] means “wealthy guardian”. Sounds like success. I love [name]Edward[/name] so much!
[name]Felix[/name] means “happy and fortunate”. Sounds successful, too.
[name]Brian[/name] means “strong, virtuous, and honorable”. [name]Gabriel[/name] nn [name]Gabe[/name] means “strength of the [name]Lord[/name]” . [name]Both[/name] are wonderful names.
I will look up some more.[/quote]

Ok i’m totally biased here because my boyfriend’s name and my dad’s names are [name]Andrew[/name], which means strong and powerful! I love the name [name]Andrew[/name], it is a classic that never seems boring.

[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Chan[/name] sounds great.

That would be my pick if I were you, but I will look up some more options.

I like the suggestion of [name]Edward[/name] (wealthy). I also like [name]Edwin[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name] if you want more of a twist on the classic [name]Edward[/name] (these two also mean wealthy). I also love: [name]Alfred[/name], [name]Julian[/name], and [name]William[/name].

I agree! [name]Andrew[/name] is gorgeous!

What about ”[name]Chad[/name]”??
It is a powerful name- means battle warrior
And it has the first two letters of your name [name]Chi[/name]

“[name]Howard[/name]” is another strong name- means brave heart, and has the Ho letters.

Oh my God, so many replies. Thank you, thank you all!
[name]Edward[/name] and [name]Andrew[/name] are good names, and I will consider them, thanks.
And for [name]Edwin[/name], I won’t pick it because one of my friends is [name]Edwin[/name].
Waiting for more suggestion, thanks all.

I like the suggestions of [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] a lot.

A couple others:
[name]Jay[/name]/[name]Jai[/name]/[name]Jae[/name]
[name]Tyler[/name] nn [name]Ty[/name]
[name]Paul[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]

Make sure to let us know what you decide! :slight_smile:

I vote for [name]Edward[/name] [name]Chan[/name] (you can go by [name]Edward[/name], [name]Ted[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name], [name]Ned[/name], or [name]Ed[/name]) or [name]Henry[/name] [name]Chan[/name]. While I love [name]Andrew[/name], I don’t think it works well with [name]Chan[/name] (I only hear the repetitive “an” sounds in [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Chan[/name]).

Other ideas:

[name]Colin[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]David[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Victor[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Chan[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Alexander[/name] is another warrior name; you could go by [name]Alexander[/name] or [name]Alex[/name]. I really like [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Edward[/name], too.

I vote [name]Edward[/name]! [name]Ed[/name] is a great strong name and the longer [name]Edward[/name] is very handsome and respectable.

Thank you everyone once again as usual first :slight_smile:

So to summarize, up to now, we’ve got three prince names - [name]Charles[/name], [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Edward[/name] (three sons of [name]Queen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] II). It’s hard to make a decision so please give me more time to think about it (comment!).
Indeed, I’m also searching for some names which sound similar to my Chinese name, [name]Chi[/name]-ho ([name]Leo[/name], for example). Anyone has great ideas?

I think [name]Leo[/name] is fantastic! Another o-ending name you may like is [name]Milo[/name].

Between [name]Edward[/name], [name]Charles[/name], and [name]Andrew[/name], I vote for [name]Edward[/name]! :slight_smile:

You could always try each name out in public, and see which one fits.

Good luck!

[name]Geo[/name] (or [name]George[/name] or [name]Geoffrey[/name] with the nickname [name]Geo[/name]) and [name]Theo[/name] (or [name]Theodore[/name] with the nickname [name]Theo[/name]) also have a similar sound to [name]Chi[/name]-ho. I would vote for [name]George[/name] with the nn [name]Geo[/name]. I also love [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Charles[/name].