Eunice

[name]Eunice[/name] is my grandma’s name, and she’s the best! I’d love to name a baby after her…Is [name]Eunice[/name] too “old”? Any other ideas that would honor her?

Thanks!

Eh, I’m sorry, I really dislike the name [name]Eunice[/name], but it’s your decision. Maybe your grandmother has a better middle name? I understand if you do want to go ahead with unice. Ask your beau though.

Sorry. While a lot of older names are beautiful and underappreciated, I feel [name]Eunice[/name] isn’t one of them! Your association with your fabulous Grandmother has probably resulted in this name feeling warm and wonderful for you, but for others, it may not have same association. Sorry!

Sorry, I have to agree. [name]Eunice[/name] is not ready for a comeback. I knew one young [name]Eunice[/name] and she changed her name as soon as she turned 18.

Ok so my gut was right on no [name]Eunice[/name] comeback! But I’d still like some spinoffs to possibly use for a middle name if you guys have any?

I think another Eu- name would do the trick!
I don’t love all of these, but some (* starred) are gorgeous!
[name]Eulalie[/name]*
[name]Eulalia[/name]
[name]Euphemia[/name]*
Euodia* (yo-OH-dee-ah)
Euthalia* (yu-TA-li-ah)
[name]Eugenia[/name]
[name]Eugenie[/name]*
[name]Eudora[/name]
Eudocia
Euphrasia*
Euriona
Eurwen
Eurynome* (yur-IN-om-ee)
Eustella

perhaps you could ask your grandmother what names she likes. You could honor her by letting her choose the name. (Perhaps not tell her first in case you completely hate the name.)

Does your gramma have a nickname? I had a elderly female relative (not gramma) that was [name]Eunice[/name]… and her nn was Euni… I actually that is pretty cute for a middle name! What were you thinking in terms of a first name or were you considering [name]Eunice[/name] for the first?

I’m not too much a fan of being really creative with honoring a family member, because if you stray too far from the name it isn’t really a honor. However, the name [name]Eunice[/name] means “good victory” so…

Good:
[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Mona[/name]
[name]Bonnie[/name]
[name]Glenda[/name]

[name]Victory[/name]:
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Bernice[/name]

She mostly goes by [name]Eunice[/name], but I’ve heard some people call her Euni (usually siblings of hers).

Sigh…sometimes things just don’t work out. I wanted to do something for a mn. Hers is [name]Marie[/name], and that’s just so overused.

i’m back again - I just searched [name]Eunice[/name] to get this thread back and one of the variations on the site here is [name]Euna[/name]! as a middle name (or even first name) I love that!

[name]Euna[/name] is lovely! It does however ring like some incomplete cross between [name]June[/name] and [name]Una[/name] so I’m not sure many will agree with me (and you)

I also thought of [name]Unity[/name] since it gives the Uni/Euni nickname and is just gorgeous!

First of all, let me say that I think it is so lovely that you think so much of your Grandmother. [name]How[/name] fabulous. I had posted a reply earlier where I said I didn’t really care for [name]Eunice[/name]. I still don’t like it, but am wondering what your Grandmother’s maiden name is? For instance, we are using my husband’s Grandfather’s last name as a second name! It’s a beautiful name. Perhaps [name]Eunice[/name]'s maiden name (or the place she was born) could be worked into a middle name? Also – don’t be afraid of two middle names! I have read that this is becoming more and more common. The artistocratic English always give their children multiple middle names. Perhaps [name]Eunice[/name] can serve as a third name?

I really like the idea of trying to use [name]Eunice[/name]'s maiden name or birth place as a third. What do you think? Unless she was born in the [name]Bronx[/name] or Omaha. LOL.

Good luck. I think your sentiments towards your Grandmother are fabulous!

Does [name]Eunice[/name] have a middle name?

[name]Hi[/name]! I love the [name]Eulalie[/name] suggestion, and instead of [name]Marie[/name], you may like [name]Marielle[/name]. :slight_smile:

Also, you could always use [name]Eunice[/name] in the middle to honor your grandma! [name]Maria[/name] Shriver and [name]Arnold[/name] Schwarzenegger honored [name]Maria[/name]'s mom, [name]Eunice[/name] [name]Kennedy[/name] Shriver, by naming their older daughter [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Eunice[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Her maiden name is [name]Anderson[/name]. And her middle name is [name]Marie[/name].

[name]Euna[/name] is a cute twist…

[name]Andrea[/name]?

I don’t think [name]Marie[/name] is boring as a first name… just as a middle.

[name]Anderson[/name] is a pretty middle name! Or you could use [name]Anderson[/name] for a son, if you have one in future?

[name]Just[/name] wanted to speak up and say that I actually far, far prefer [name]Eunice[/name] to a lot of the other variations myself. It’s a name people recognize and I think it is ready for a comeback. And it’s so sweet to name her for your grandma!

And I think Neecie is a right cute nickname.

I agree that [name]Eunice[/name] is perhaps not the prettiest name, especially for a first name, but since you indicated that you wanted something to honor your grandma in the middle name spot, I think you should go with [name]Eunice[/name]. It’s the most direct way to honor her, and since it’s a middle name, it’s not like that it what your daughter will be called. As much as [name]Eunice[/name] may not be a favorite, I think it is definitely possible to have a beautiful combo that includes [name]Eunice[/name] in the middle. What is your last name, and what style of first name fo you like? With that info, let’s start coming up with combos for mn [name]Eunice[/name] that work!