Explain Your Signature

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] - [name_f]Emma[/name_f] has been my all time favourite since i was a little girl. I think the love of the name started because [name_m]Ross[/name_m] and [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] named their baby [name_f]Emma[/name_f] on FRIENDS. But [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is the only name that has truly stood the test of time for me. I wish it wasn’t so popular, but i absolutely love it.
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] - I just think it has such a beautiful, vintage sound to it. I love the nickname [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and all in all i think it’s just a very cute name.
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] - I love the sound of it, I do have a relative named [name_f]Isla[/name_f] so i probably wouldn’t use it but it’s a gorgeous name.
[name_f]Gracie[/name_f] - It’s strange because i’m not a fan of [name_f]Grace[/name_f] but i love [name_f]Gracie[/name_f]! There was a girl at my primary school named [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] and i remember always wanting to be friends with her so maybe that’s where the love started from. I do think it’s cuter on kids though…not so much grown adults.
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] - I used to HATE this name! like literally hate it! and then all of a sudden i just fell in love with it. I love that it’s unique and not too popular. I think it’s a name that can be easily carried into adulthood as well.
[name_f]Mila[/name_f] - I came across this name via the actress [name_f]Mila[/name_f] Kunis and i loved the sound of it! It sounds very Eastern European to me and i really like that culture so maybe that’s why it appeals to me.
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] - It’s just so goddamn cute!
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] - I love the vintage feel of [name_f]Violet[/name_f]! I do think maybe it’s a little bit too “cutesy” so i’d probably keep it as a middle name
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] - It’s just rolls off the tongue so easily and beautifully, I prefer it to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] because it’s not as common.
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f] - Same as [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] - I love modern yet vintage sound it has! and i [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the nickname [name_f]Addie[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] - I love it because my favourite book is to kill a mockingbird

[name_m]Harry[/name_m] - Have loved it forever! I love how British it is!
[name_u]James[/name_u] - I would only use it as a middle name. I think it’s just such a strong name that goes with a lot of things and ties two names together well.
[name_m]Louis[/name_m] - I started loving [name_m]Louis[/name_m] when i was a teen because of One Direction and i still think it’s a lovely name. I really love classic British baby boy names!
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] - It’s short and sweet but carries a real power with it!
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] - Because of my love of [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Finch[/name_u]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] - I could never use it as my sister’s name is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] but isn’t [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] just the most adorable name ever!
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] - It just sounds like such a cool name to me
[name_m]Archie[/name_m] - Again i think it’s just really cute
[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] - I probably prefer this for a girl but would never be game enough to name my daughter [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m], hence why it ended up in the boy section.
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] - I love it because i am obsessed with the TV show [name_m]Law[/name_m] and Order: Special Victims Unit and there is a character named [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] Stabler.
[name_u]Carter[/name_u] - Such a sleek, cool name. I would probably use it for a middle name

If i had to pick 3 names for a girl it would be: [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]
If i had to pick 3 names for a boy it would be: [name_m]Harry[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]

[name_m]Archibald[/name_m] - Creative way of getting to [name_m]Archie[/name_m]. If you pronounce it well enough, no one will even notice the bald part. Historical and more distinctive than [name_m]Archer[/name_m].

[name_m]Artemio[/name_m] - Favourite masculine form of [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], like the Spanish roots, creative but fits right in with the -o ending trend.

[name_m]Carlos[/name_m] [name_m]Reginald[/name_m] - Sounds better than [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and definitely [name_m]Carl[/name_m], romantic, and reminds me of a lovely painter. [name_m]Reginald[/name_m] is to honour a family member.

[name_m]Ernesto[/name_m] - A more known, enduring version of [name_m]Ernest[/name_m], sounds relaxed with a mature side.

[name_m]Fernando[/name_m] - The noble namesake is just a bonus, I like how this name sounds and its popularity in Spain, [name_m]Nando[/name_m] is a nice nickname too.

[name_m]Gerald[/name_m] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] - [name_m]Gerald[/name_m], [name_m]Gerard[/name_m] may be “more romantic”, but you are an instant classic that flows better. Everyone knows it yet there aren’t many little Geralds running around. I hate the nickname [name_u]Jerry[/name_u] though, prefer Ger. [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] is to honour a relative.

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] - I’ve always loved [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], my family once had a cat with this name.

[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] - A name with strong roots that can pose a good alternative to the more popular [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], you can’t go wrong with this one.

[name_m]Santiago[/name_m] - A shame about its popularity, but the name reminds me of a Spanish sailor exploring the world. The name, in the Anglosphere at least, has shed its religious connotations. [name_m]Tiago[/name_m] is a good nickname.

[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] - I just like this name. I wanted [name_m]Silvester[/name_m] but apparently that isn’t a common spelling? In Spanish, it’s [name_m]Silvestre[/name_m], but [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] just flows better.

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] - I like the Hollywood connection, the simplicity yet grandness of this name, much prefer it to [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]. I hope it doesn’t become too too popular.

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] - My favourite spelling, I like both the English and [name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciations. It’s grand, a classic, but not used as much as say [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. [name_f]Cathy[/name_f] is my favourite nickname.

[name_f]Diana[/name_f] - Like both English and Spanish pronunciations. The princess is a good association, same with the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess. It’s so known that most people wouldn’t notice the Die-anna thing.

[name_f]Eldora[/name_f] - [name_m]Per[/name_m] se Namberry, it does sound like elder once you sound it out. However, if said at a normal pace, I’d be more keen on noticing the dora part. It’s a unique way to get to both [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Dora[/name_f], the gold meaning is sweet too.

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] - I adore the Spanish pronunciation of this, the nickname [name_u]Isa[/name_u], its history, its connection to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (a family member of mine), just about everything.

[name_f]Linda[/name_f] - I like its meaning and how Spanish/Italian/Portuguese speakers can understand it (although they may think it’s a funny name to have). It’s so popular amongst the older generation that no one would expect it today.

[name_f]Lucille[/name_f] - I prefer this over [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] as an elaborate form of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. It’s sweet, can suit any age, is known but hasn’t been worn out.

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - My favourite Irish girl’s name (except maybe [name_f]Catriona[/name_f]), the queen was an interesting person as well. Hopefully it doesn’t get too popular.

[name_f]Maude[/name_f] - The [name_f]Maud[/name_f] spelling may be the original, but that spelling reminds me of a rulebreaker. This spelling reminds me more of a chiq girl who has a stern side. Some people say it sounds like mud, but I don’t care, it’s still lovely.

[name_f]Rosa[/name_f] - [name_f]Rose[/name_f]'s less popular cousin, works in many different cultures, has historic roots, the nice [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_m]Parks[/name_m] connection in the US. I also have a relative named [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], though she goes by [name_f]Rose[/name_f] most of the time. Nickname [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is a bonus.

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] Cäcilie: Both are honor names. I’m not too fond of [name_f]Anna[/name_f] or Cäcilie on their own, but for whatever reason, I love them together. I also have [name_f]Anna[/name_f] Cécile and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], but the operatic connection with Cäcilie gives it a little bit of an edge.

[name_u]Claude[/name_u] [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]: [name_u]Claude[/name_u] is my (current) favorite name for both boys and girls. [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] is the ultimate honor name for me—it is a play on my surname, my hometown, and a fond memory from childhood.

Cécile [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f]: I’m always off-and-on about Cécile, and I wish I could find another middle besides [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] since I already have a [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] combo. Cécile is a double honor name, and I love its delicate, springlike feel. [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] is simply a name I like.

[name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] Hélène: No real significance behind this combo, both are just names that I like.

I believe I have Amako and [name_f]Vasilisa[/name_f] listed as crushes. Amako is a name I invented (from an Amoco gas station, of all things), then discovered it was a legitimate first name and surname. It’s also a coincidental nod to Bamako, [name_f]Mali[/name_f], a place I’ve always wanted to travel to. As for [name_f]Vasilisa[/name_f], I love all [name_m]Vasili[/name_m]- names and was inspired by a minor character I’m writing about.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] - my favorite combo since forever, the only one I haven’t changed. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is one of my all time favorite names and [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] honors my mom (it’s her favorite holiday.)

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - another favorite name of mine, I just think [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is perfect in every way and I love the nickname [name_f]Bee[/name_f] or [name_f]Bea[/name_f]. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is literary, from [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]'s [name_u]Baby[/name_u] (not the best place to get a baby name but whatever) and I constantly switch it out with [name_f]Lavender[/name_f].

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] Lunaria - [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is my other favorite girl’s name, after watching [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] in Wonderland as a kid with undiagnosed OCD, the [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] in that film was finally someone I could really relate to. I just fell in love with the name, and I love it more every time I hear it! Lunaria is a plant, I previously had all botany-related middle names I’m not sure Lunaria will stick but I think it’s pretty than [name_f]Luna[/name_f] or [name_f]Aria[/name_f].

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - [name_u]Piper[/name_u] is a name that just doesn’t really fit with my other names but I love it too much to let it go. It was the name of the main character in my favorite book as a kid. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is just so pretty and ethereal to me.

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] - [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] has been my only constant boy’s name. I just love it. [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] is a nod to the NASA [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] missions and also a nod to my dad, who is as into space as I am.

[name_m]Roswell[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] - I love [name_m]Roswell[/name_m]. It’s also a nod to my dad, for the alien conspiracy documentaries we used to obsessively watch together. I just think [name_u]Everest[/name_u] is a nice name, but I’ll probably change it.

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] - [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is also inspired by NASA, [name_m]Evander[/name_m] is such a strong and underused name that it’s also been a constant for me.

[name_u]Ira[/name_u] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] - I’m unsure about this combo but I love both of these names, though I’m not sure they’ll make it to my real children.

[name_u]Marlow[/name_u], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_u]Scout[/name_u] & [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] - My baby boys! [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] is my dog, [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] & [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] are my snakes, and [name_u]Scout[/name_u] is my lizard. I always want to include their names in my signature but leave them out a lot because I don’t need any critique/comments on them as they’re already set in place. I picked all of their names after knowing them for a few days (and in some cases, a few weeks) and their names fit them so well and I like to think go really well together as a ““sibset.””

Quite a few of the names in my signature come from book characters (Alexandria, Bryony, Isa, Sabrina, Tamsin, Alasdair, Dominic, Evan, James nn Jamie); others are from actors/singers (Ian, Karl); others I just like the sound/meaning of.

If I were to make combinations from these today, I’d use:

Cecelia Wren
Willow Larissa
Silvie Jemima
Tamsin Alexandria

Karl Theodore
Evan Alasdair
James Archer
Ian Dominic or Dominic Ian

I’m sure in a couple of days I’d have different combinations at the top of my mind… :slight_smile:

I get a lot of my favourites from stuff I like - games, books, mythology, history, and some just fit my general style. The Dragon Age games in particular have a lot of great names - legit but still very fitting for a fantasy setting!

[name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f], [name_f]Thora[/name_f], [name_m]Leif[/name_m], [name_m]Soren[/name_m] - all of Scandinavian origin; I’m very interested in the culture, history and mythology of that region and would like to possibly use a Scandinavian name to pay tribute to that.

[name_f]Alana[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_u]Seth[/name_u], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] - names I’ve liked for years, ever since I began collecting. My tastes back then were more basic, compared to the more outlandish favourites of mine nowadays.

[name_f]Elora[/name_f] - a character I made up and often play as in both tabletop and video games.

The rest are just names I like that fit in with my general style, mostly Celtic in origin as they can sound very fantasyesque and elven, plus they fit with my ancestry.

Bodhi Alden Pearce - I absolutely love the meaning of Bodhi (awakening enlightenment freed from hate, ego and greed) Alden is a family name passed down by ancestor John Alden (the mayflower) Alden was last used by my great grandfathers middle name. Pearce was my great grandmothers maiden name. While I’m not big on double middles, Having both great grandparents tied together is special to me.

Lennon Ridge - I love that Lennon means exactly that - Love. John Lennon’s song Imagine is one of my favorites. Ridge represents my hometown.

Hugo Rhys - Hugo means mind, body and soul , a very spiritual name representing life. Rhys means enthusiasm which fully translates to being enthusiastic about life which I find beautiful and necessary to remember in tough moments.

Beatrix Caroline - This Name reminds me of my nana. Every Easter she’d read us Peter Cottontail by Beatrix Potter. Caroline is for her favorite song “Sweet Caroline “ by Neil Diamond. I love the nicknames Bee and Bex.

Lunette Daisy - Nana’s Name was Lynette so one letter different is a nice way to honor her while giving my kid her own identity. We all also have names ending in “ET” or “ETTE” (Lynette, Nanette, Margaret) I would use the nickname Luna. Everyone in our family loves daisies. While Beatrix honors her too I prefer Lunette.

Willow Sage- I love willow trees, soft but strong, un breakable and I think Sage flows beautifully with it. While I know singer P!nk also used this for her daughter it makes me like it more so because her music has gotten me through some hardships.

Cordelia Hazel - Cordelia means heart of a lion and daughter of the sea. Both meaning fit well with representing the strong women in the family and it reminds me of the weekends at the beach. I also enjoy going to watch the sunsets. Hazel I enjoy for its vintage style but it has no personal meaning to me.

Future children - Lunette Daisy, Bodhi Alden Pearce, Willow Sage, Hugo Rhys, Beatrix Caroline

My names are split into boys and girls, first and middles. All middle names are honours, either directly or forms of a relatives name. I have no combos, as I would like my children to have one middle name from my side of the family, and one from their fathers. So it would depend how they go together.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name. Nicknames “[name_u]Mattie[/name_u]” or “[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]” depending on the personality of the child. Obviously the book/movie is a bit or an inspiration.
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - not sure where I first heard this one. It’s just lovely and feminine, without being overly girly.
[name_f]Brielle[/name_f] - more modern than most of my names, but I just really like it. Bonus points for including -[name_f]Elle[/name_f], which can be a nod to my great grandmother.
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - I love this name. I’ll admit I really started to love it while watching Sex Education. My only issue is that it’s a one syllable name, which I don’t really live. [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] just sounds too old
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] - I love this one. I think I first heard it on The 100. Total badass character. [name_f]Tavia[/name_f] is a nice nickname
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] - I found this name years ago as a character for an RP. Immediately loved it
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] - it’s cute, but I’m not sure that I’m convinced. Can’t really think of a nice nickname.
Middles:
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]/[name_f]Anne[/name_f] - [name_f]Ann[/name_f] is the middle name of my mother and grandmother. This is my preferred name to pass down to a daughter. I prefer [name_f]Anna[/name_f], but [name_f]Anne[/name_f] may fit better with whatever first name I choose.
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]/[name_f]Elle[/name_f]/[name_f]Ellen[/name_f] - nod to my great grandmother called [name_f]Ellen[/name_f]. The names are in order of preference, but again, it just depends on how they flow.
[name_u]June[/name_u] - Several family members have Ju- names, and [name_u]June[/name_u] sounds similar to [name_m]John[/name_m], so can be an honour for many people
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] - honour to grandmother [name_f]Carol[/name_f]. Not a fan of [name_f]Carol[/name_f], but I like [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. My only issue is that it’s long, and probably won’t work with my long first names, and a second middle.

Boys Names
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] - Sounds adorable, but also strong. [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is also not a bad namesake
[name_u]Elias[/name_u] - really love the sound of [name_m]Eli[/name_m]- names, with [name_m]Eli[/name_m] for a nickname. [name_u]Elias[/name_u] is my slight favourite over [name_m]Elijah[/name_m].
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - lived this name for a long time, with the nickname [name_u]Theo[/name_u].
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]/[name_m]Otto[/name_m] - I really like the name [name_m]Otto[/name_m], but it seems like a nickname to me. [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] is a way to get a nickname [name_m]Otto[/name_m] without a first name that is too out there. I like [name_m]Octavius[/name_m], but it seems a bit wild, though for some reason [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] seems alright.
Middles:
[name_m]Piers[/name_m]/[name_m]Peter[/name_m] - [name_f]Honour[/name_f] for my grandfather [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. [name_m]Piers[/name_m] sounds more youthful than [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] - male form of [name_f]Carol[/name_f]. For my grandmother. If my first child is a boy, I’d like to give him [name_m]Charles[/name_m] as a middle
[name_m]John[/name_m] - My brother, father and grandfather have [name_m]John[/name_m] as their middle name. My other grandfather had it as his first name.
[name_m]Albert[/name_m] - honour for my great grandfather, and my grandfathers middle name

Hufflepuff. PhD Student. [name_f]Cat[/name_f] Lover. - [name_m]Just[/name_m] a little bit about me, some of the most important facts at least.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] / [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] Siofra - [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is mine and my partner’s top girls name choice. It has been for several years and I don’t think it will change. We both just love the name, but also it’s in part after one of my partner’s favourite fiction characters (who murders her parents, but we won’t dwell on that).
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is a mixed honour name, my mum’s maiden name was [name_m]Gold[/name_m] and his mum’s middle name is [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. The baby would also be A.M.H. which are the same initials as my partner’s father.
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] Siofra is just me having some fun with the idea of two middle names, we are unlikely to actually use two middles as my partner has two and hates it.
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_u]Yehudit[/name_u] - All of my children will have a Hebrew name as well as an English one, for use in religious services etc. Mine is [name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f]. [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is a name I just love and my sister’s Hebrew name is [name_f]Ora[/name_f] (light) so [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is a nice nod to her, [name_u]Yehudit[/name_u] is after my grandmother whose middle name was [name_f]Judith[/name_f] and whose Hebrew name was [name_u]Yehudit[/name_u] [name_f]Shira[/name_f].

[name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] / [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_m]Quest[/name_m] - [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] is just a name I love, particularly the nn [name_m]Luke[/name_m], but just [name_m]Luke[/name_m] felt too [name_m]Christian[/name_m] to me. My partner feels that [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] is a bit American, so we may not use it on a real son but it’s pretty high on the list. [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is my maiden name, and so I consider it to be a family/honour name, especially for my dad. [name_m]Quest[/name_m] is just me having fun, again it is unlikely to be used but I think it’s really cool.
[name_m]Saul[/name_m] Yonatan - Same as [name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_u]Yehudit[/name_u], this name would be alongside [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. [name_m]Saul[/name_m] is just a name I like, also a slight nod to my dad whose middle name is [name_m]Paul[/name_m]. Yonatan is really just a name I like, but also my [name_m]SIL[/name_m] is named [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], so it is a slight nod to her in terms of sounds (if not meaning).

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_m]Midnight[/name_m] - [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is a name I’ve adored for a long time, pretty much a definite name for if we had a second daughter after [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is a name I love, but it holds no significance and I don’t know if my partner likes it, I just think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] sounds lovely. Ideally all middle names would be an honour name, so I don’t know if I really would use it, but I can dream. [name_m]Midnight[/name_m] is just me having fun.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Prosper[/name_m] - [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is a name that we both love, but we know a lot of little boys named [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and it’s the name of a game we both really like (and everyone knows we really like) so realistically I think we won’t ever really use it. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is just a name I like, and I enjoy that it ends -[name_m]Ian[/name_m] as that is my dad’s name so it’s a subtle honour. [name_m]Prosper[/name_m] is just me having fun, but if there was any of my more out there names I would genuinely consider putting on a child, [name_m]Prosper[/name_m] would be it. In one of the threads with combo feedback someone commented that the name felt very ‘The [name_f]Tempest[/name_f]’ which is cool because, although this name wasn’t intended to do that, The [name_f]Tempest[/name_f] is my favourite [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] play.

[name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] - Our top choice if we had three girls. [name_f]Mira[/name_f] is a name I just really like the sound and feel of, [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is my sister’s name.
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] - Two names I just really like, I know my partner likes [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] but I don’t know about [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f].
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] - [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is a name we both love, [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is a name we both love and honours several close friends.
[name_f]Noa[/name_f] [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] - [name_m]Just[/name_m] names I really love.
[name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] - [name_f]Orla[/name_f] is a name I’ve loved for ages, I also love the Irish [name_f]Orlaith[/name_f] spelling but I don’t think I would be brave enough to use it. [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] is my favourite version of [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], and would honour some friends.

[name_u]Toby[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] - [name_u]Toby[/name_u] I just love, I went to school with one and he was really cool. [name_m]William[/name_m] is a family name on my partner’s side
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] - [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is just a name I love, [name_u]James[/name_u] my all time favourite boys name and is my partner’s name (he would never agree to use it even as a middle, but I can dream)
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] - [name_m]Just[/name_m] two names I love
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] - [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is a name I love, [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] honours one of my partner’s closest childhood friends
[name_u]Ren[/name_u] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] - I just think [name_u]Ren[/name_u] is super cool and I love the ‘eye-ah’ sound in lots of names so [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] really calls to me

[name_f]Cerelia[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] - I recently came across [name_f]Cerelia[/name_f] and fell so deeply in love with it. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is a name I never thought I would like until recently… I guess seeing how many people really love the name kind of pulled me on board! I love birds and I love love… so I thought [name_u]Dove[/name_u] would work well here.
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_u]Ren[/name_u] - I have always preferred this spelling of [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] to the more common [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. I love frill. [name_f]Viola[/name_f] is a name I first heard as a child watching [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] Bynes in She’s the [name_m]Man[/name_m] and I remember always loving it. Later I learned that movie was based off of a great Shakespearean comedy and loved it even more. I prefer this version of [name_u]Ren[/name_u] on a girl, while I prefer [name_u]Wren[/name_u] on a boy. I’m a little torn as to which I love more…
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Brynne[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] - [name_u]Ever[/name_u] since I first laid eyes on [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], I’ve been set on it. [name_f]Brynne[/name_f] is the name of one of my favourite high school teachers daughters and I thought it was really sweet. [name_u]Hero[/name_u] is strong yet sweet and I thought it would tie the different name styles in this combo together.[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_f]Bohemia[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] - I love the imagery this one gives off. [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] gives me fantasy vibes and [name_f]Bohemia[/name_f] gives me garden… [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] just tops it all off, I think.
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Sephora[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] - I love the nickname [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and thought [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] would best suit it. [name_f]Sephora[/name_f] is somewhat of a guilty please considering the common association with makeup but I adore how it sounds. [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] is too harsh sounding for my tastes and [name_f]Sephora[/name_f] softens it up nicely. [name_f]Belle[/name_f] adds a more feminine touch to [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] and is the name of a great Disney princess.
[name_f]Astraea[/name_f] Veredisia [name_u]Blair[/name_u] - This was the one I was most hesitant about. I recently came across Veredisia and thought it was beautiful but too fanciful as a first name, so I paired with something equally beautiful but more wearable, I suppose? [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is a name I’ve always liked a lot but think it’s too short as a first.[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] Sherazade [name_f]Lark[/name_f] - Dahlias are my favourite flower. [name_f]Scheherazade[/name_f] is a love of mine but difficult to pronounce if you don’t know who she is. Better suited as a middle, I thought, but still holds great meaning. [name_f]Lark[/name_f] is another pretty bird name I like.
[name_f]Cecilie[/name_f] [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] - Always loved this spelling of the more commonly known [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]. [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] gives me great imagery and [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] is so delicate but also holds a sweet nature meaning.
[name_f]Madelaine[/name_f] [name_u]Echo[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] - Another one I was sort of iffy about but came to love [name_f]Madelaine[/name_f]. [name_u]Sage[/name_u] is a nature name I’ve always adored and [name_u]Echo[/name_u] is a new love.

[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] - [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is a name I sort of knew about but first heard it in The Chilling Adventures of [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] and instantly swooned! The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f] is one of my favourites, as is the character of [name_m]Westley[/name_m], but I prefer the look of [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. [name_u]Vale[/name_u] makes me think of a village of elves!
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] - [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] ([name_u]Cass[/name_u]-ian, not [name_m]Cash[/name_m]-in) sounds like the name of a prince to me, and I love the nickname “[name_m]Cas[/name_m]” for a boy. [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_u]Drew[/name_u] are unisex names I’ve always liked and preferred on boys.
[name_u]Adrien[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_u]Zaire[/name_u] - [name_u]Adrien[/name_u] and [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] are among the few classics I do like a lot. I imagine a strong, handsome, young man when I personify this combo.
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] “[name_m]Des[/name_m]” as a nickname and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is a new love… [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is a handsome bird name.
[name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_u]Corin[/name_u] [name_m]Zeus[/name_m] - Mountains are the most beautiful things… [name_u]Corin[/name_u] honors a friend. [name_m]Zeus[/name_m] is cool and to me, signifies strength.
[name_u]Darien[/name_u] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] - [name_u]Darien[/name_u] sounds like a prince (like [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]), [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] is a variant of [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] but sounds so different and modern in comparison. It also gives me fantasy vibes. [name_m]Graham[/name_m] is just handsome.
Rhydian [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] - Rhydian is a new found love, [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is another on of those more classic names that I adore, and [name_u]Lake[/name_u] is another one of those nature names I love so much.
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u] - [name_m]Just[/name_m] another collection of names I like!
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Aries[/name_m] [name_m]Rome[/name_m] - And again – just because.

If I had three kids right now, I’d probably go with [name_f]Cerelia[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_u]Ren[/name_u], and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Vale[/name_u]…

I struggle with girl names so there are actually like two I’d use on my kid.

[name_m]Kaeden[/name_m] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]- [name_m]Kaeden[/name_m] has a lot of meaning to me as does [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is a name passed down to all the girls in my family starting four generations back so I know my daughter would have to have this name.

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]- I have been trying for a while to come up with a name that kinda matches my mom so I can name a daughter after her. This is the closest I can get. [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] I just think I’d a beautiful name.

[name_m]Killian[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]- i read a book and killian was the main character. I fell in love with the name and the strong character that portrayed it. I love the uniqueness of it and the potential nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u]. [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is a family name that is important to me.

[name_m]Finian[/name_m] [name_m]Ford[/name_m]- again [name_m]Finian[/name_m] is a book character. He was strong, regal, but had his problems just like every other real person. I liked how to author made him vulnerable and it made me love the name. [name_m]Ford[/name_m] is yet another family name.

[name_m]Grayson[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]- I can’t tell you why but I love the name [name_m]Grayson[/name_m]. I think it’s a little more normal so I had to tie in a unique name to go with it and I loved wilder, it flows nicely.

I only have girl names in my signature right now but I’ll do them anyways!

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Alaska[/name_f]- [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] has been one of my favorite girl names since I was 13 and I have little doubt that she will be first on the list when I have a daughter someday. [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] is for my mom who loves the state, plus I also think it’s a really cool name.
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f]- I’ve loved [name_f]Iris[/name_f] for a really long time and [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] is in honor of my Uncle [name_m]Mike[/name_m] who passed away when I was 17. I also have [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_u]Micah[/name_u] on my boys’ list for the same reason.
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Kalea[/name_f]- [name_f]Juno[/name_f] is just a name that I love. I adore how spunky and sweet she is, and I love how she’s uncommon but recognizable. [name_f]Kalea[/name_f] honors my sisters. We used to play a game when we were younger and my youngest sister’s character was named “kuh-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-uh” (we never spelled it out). I also love how the name means “joy”, which is my youngest sister’s middle name, and my middle sister’s name is [name_f]Leah[/name_f] so it honors her wonderfully too.
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]- I love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] for a girl which is an uncommon opinion on this site, lol (I don’t dislike it for a boy but I much prefer it for a daughter of mine than a son). I think she’s soft and sweet. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] would honor the plethora of people in my life who have the first or middle name [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], including a few of my friends, two of my favorite dance teachers, and my aunt.
[name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]- I named a character of mine [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] and then the name grew on me for a real child! It’s spunky and unique but not difficult to picture on a real girl. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] would honor my great-grandma [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] who, according to my Babci, was a badass woman. I also like the name [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] but not her popularity and I think it balances out the uniqueness of [name_f]Eleni[/name_f].
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]- another unpopular opinion on Nameberry but I love [name_u]Parker[/name_u] for a girl. The name honors a little girl in the competitive dance circle in my home state who bravely fought a brain tumor until her death in [name_u]July[/name_u] 2017 at the age of 9. I picture a sassy, strong, beautiful little girl when I hear [name_u]Parker[/name_u], and I’d love to carry on her legacy. [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is just a name I adore, especially as a middle name, but I love her most of all with [name_u]Parker[/name_u].
[name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]- one of the only names on my list that doesn’t include an honor name but I love the combination so much that I don’t really care. [name_f]Mila[/name_f] is the most popular of my names, which breaks my heart, but I love how unexpected [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] is in the combo. I love [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] so much!
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_f]Marvel[/name_f]- I fell in love with [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] after watching an adorable little [name_f]Kya[/name_f] on Master Chef [name_m]Junior[/name_m]. I think the name is the perfect blend of spunk and modern flair. I adore the name [name_f]Marvel[/name_f] (and I have [name_f]Marvel[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] “[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]” on my long list) and it would also honor my best friend because we bond over the [name_f]Marvel[/name_f] superhero movies.
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f]- I had [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] on and off my list for ages until I was searching for a way to honor my love of soccer. My home team is Sporting Kansas City and they have a chant that goes “for the glory of the city” as well as the slogan “For glory, for city” on their jerseys this season. When I found that [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] means “glory”, I was sold. [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] honors SKC along with all the people I share my love of SKC with, including my best friend and my dad. In a perfect double-honor combo, [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] is a nod to my mom, [name_f]Susana[/name_f].
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] Auli’i- [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] is an on-again-off-again love and I’m on her again! I always love the name but sometimes I just can’t picture myself with a little [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]. I think she’s the perfect blend of familiar but not overused, and I love how she’s sweet and strong all at once. I love the actress Auli’i Cravalho almost as much as I love her insanely cool Hawaiian name. It’s pronounced ow-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-ee and while I don’t have any Hawaiian heritage, I think it’s such an awesome name.
[name_f]Amaya[/name_f] [name_f]Seville[/name_f]- I’ve fallen for [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] recently because I think she’s fun and modern while also having a lovely meaning and sound. [name_f]Seville[/name_f] would honor my hometown, Kansas City, because there is a part of the Plaza that is supposed to resemble [name_f]Seville[/name_f], Spain. Going to the real [name_f]Seville[/name_f], Spain, is on my bucket list.
Saela [name_u]Piper[/name_u]- a berry had a daughter named Saela a few years ago and I fell in love with the name. I prefer this spelling because A) I’ve seen conflicting reports on how [name_f]Selah[/name_f] is supposed to be said (I want the name to be said [name_m]SAY[/name_m]-luh) and B) this spelling mirrors how I spell my full name, which is [name_f]Abigael[/name_f]. I’ve had Saela [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] on my list for years but when I made my signature, I wanted to spice things up which is why there’s [name_u]Piper[/name_u].

Right now, three daughters for me would be [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Alaska[/name_f], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f].

I’m pretty sure I’ve done this before, but at least one of my names is new (and I will never pass up an opportunity to talk about my favorites!)

Cécile [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f]: Probably my longest-living combo. Cécile is an on-and-off favorite, but she picks up where my love of [name_m]Cecil[/name_m] left off. It could be an honor name for my father, a musician ([name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] is the patron saint of musicians). [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] is a name I have loved since reading The [name_m]Count[/name_m] of [name_m]Monte[/name_m] Cristo, and while I’m not so fond of it as a first name anymore, I still love it as a middle.

[name_u]Claude[/name_u] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]: I had [name_u]Claude[/name_u] [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] on my list for awhile, but I don’t really like [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]! [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] is an honor name like [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f], but I think it’s so much nicer! It feels very “outdated [name_m]French[/name_m]” which seems to be my style nowadays, and it honors multiple people with the names [name_f]Marie[/name_f] or [name_f]Anne[/name_f] (and one [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f]). [name_u]Claude[/name_u] is my ultimate favorite name!

[name_f]Maria[/name_f] Thérèse: [name_f]Maria[/name_f] was one of the names in consideration for me, but it doesn’t flow with my last name at all. It is beautiful and timeless, suitable for all personalities and ages, and I love its association with [name_f]Maria[/name_f] [name_f]Callas[/name_f]. Thérèse has a meaning I love, and it fits into the “outdated [name_m]French[/name_m]” category again. I like how the names [name_f]Marie[/name_f]-Thérèse and [name_f]María[/name_f] [name_f]Teresa[/name_f] are already well established, and this combo takes one name from each in order to honor parts of my heritage. I would use the nickname Maite, which honors a family member.

[name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Amparo[/name_f]: This was suggested to me by @katinka, and turned out to be perfect in more ways than one! I’m still coming around to [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], but I love it mainly for the meaning “light.” Combined with [name_f]Amparo[/name_f], “shelter,” it’s everything I would wish for a future child. [name_f]Amparo[/name_f] honors one side of the family, and has been a favorite of mine for about a year.

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]: [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is an honor name, and I love it for its timelessness and all of its nicknames ([name_f]Anya[/name_f], [name_f]Anita[/name_f], [name_f]Anoush[/name_f]!) while [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] is a childhood favorite of mine that would honor my own name.

As for [name_f]Antonina[/name_f], I’ve been coming around to [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] and [name_u]Antoine[/name_u] recently, and figured [name_f]Antonina[/name_f] fits in. It could honor a [name_f]Nina[/name_f], but she hated her name and went by her middle, so I’m not sure how legitimate of an honor name it is! I love how it sounds frilly while carrying a distinct strength, and there’s something about the “[name_m]Anton[/name_m]” names that I’m drawn towards (although I’m not a fan of [name_m]Anton[/name_m] on its own).

This is fun!

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]-[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is a name that I loved the second I heard it in a Death [name_m]Cab[/name_m] for Cutie song 18 years ago. It’s the only name that has been at the very top of my list consistently since. It’s strong & ultra feminine. If I ever do have a child it will be via adoption. I’m not sure if I’d ever get to use this name. Perhaps for a pet someday. :slight_smile: . [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] is the mn, because it’s a beautiful floral name & flows nicely. I want to use an ‘A’ name to honor my late grandpa, [name_m]Albert[/name_m].

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Davita[/name_f]-[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is a name that I never really liked. Always thought it sounded harsh. I love the nn [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], & always wanted to use it as it was my great grandmother’s given name. I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] & [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], but I heard [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] on a sweet little girl recently & sort of fell in love w/it. [name_f]Davita[/name_f] is in the mn spot, because my late father is [name_m]David[/name_m]. I’m also tempted to use [name_f]Davita[/name_f] nn [name_f]Vivie[/name_f] as a fn…

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]-I’m not really sure when or why I started liking [name_f]Greta[/name_f]. It just has a sweet vintage feel, but also some spunk. Maybe just a couple of years ago. My dh loves the name [name_f]Gerty[/name_f], so I like [name_f]Greta[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gerty[/name_f]. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] has been on my list since I was a teenager like [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. Also, from a song by a band called The [name_m]New[/name_m] Amsterdams. Couldn’t use it as a fn though, as [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f]/[name_u]Addison[/name_u] is just so trendy.

[name_m]Colm[/name_m] [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]-I read the name [name_m]Colm[/name_m] in a book about six months ago. It was the name of an Irish immigrant’s late husband in the 1860s. It means ‘dove’ , & it’s just so beautiful. I also read [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] in a book in high school that I liked. The flow of [name_m]Colm[/name_m] [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] is really lovely, & I like a ‘P’ mn to honor my late grandmother, [name_f]Pauline[/name_f].

[name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m]-About 21 years ago I was reading a baby name book as I rode w/my family on a long summer road trip. I came across [name_m]Julian[/name_m], & have been in love ever since. It’s so smart & dashing. [name_m]Albert[/name_m] is for the aforementioned grandpa.

[name_m]Ewan[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]-I love the gentle sound of [name_m]Ewan[/name_m]. My married name is a very Irish ‘[name_m]Mac[/name_m]’ name. Most of my nephew’s have Gaelic names, so this would follow suite. [name_m]David[/name_m] is for my dad.

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Saga[/name_f]: I just like [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], and [name_f]Saga[/name_f] is an indirect honor name.

[name_f]Cait[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]: I knew a [name_f]Caitlin[/name_f]/[name_f]Caity[/name_f] and always loved how the name looked. I like the nickname potential of [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f].

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Cassia[/name_f]: This one’s new and I’m just trying it out. Both [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] have rotated in and out of my list. Not particularly attached to either name, but I like them together. I actually prefer [name_u]Cass[/name_u] over [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] but [name_u]Cass[/name_u] seems too incomplete to me. I also pronounce [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] incorrectly, but am not a fan of the correct pronunciations, so this is definitely a name I would never use for a real kid.

[name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_f]Adelais[/name_f]: Used to be [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Adelais[/name_f], but got tired of [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is a new love, not sure how long it will stay. I like how it works for so many different names ([name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_u]Chris[/name_u]-, etc.). [name_f]Adelais[/name_f] is another name that I pronounce incorrectly in my head (and very strongly prefer my pronunciation), so I also would not actually use this for a real person.

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f]: [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is not a name I expected to like, but I do. Logically, I think the name seems kind of dark and too associated with a lot of fantasy/sci-fi books/movies. Also, I don’t have trouble saying my "r"s but don’t particularly enjoy the sound. Nevertheless, I really like [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] and would pronounce it “LEER-uh.” I really don’t like “LIE-ruh,” it sounds too choppy, almost like distinct syllables/names to me. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is an honor name that I am actually getting tired of. I know too many for the association to be overwhelmingly positive enough for me to use it. I would choose an indirect association to honor this person, but I can’t think of a replacement in this combo.

[name_f]Maddy[/name_f] [name_f]Astraea[/name_f]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] the way [name_f]Astraea[/name_f] sounds and its starry meaning/galactic feel. [name_f]Maddy[/name_f] is just because I really like it with [name_f]Astraea[/name_f] but it’s definitely been growing on me a lot.

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Lore[/name_f]: [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is one of my favorite names. [name_f]Lore[/name_f] originally is from [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m], but I felt [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] was a little over the top for my taste and also too associated with [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls. I chose [name_f]Lore[/name_f] because I loved the way [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] always calls her Lor and is the only person to do so. [name_f]Lore[/name_f]'s meaning like legends and folklore is also starting to grow on me and I am starting to see it as an independent name separate of [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f].

[name_f]Vienna[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] the image [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] conjures, also it sounds nice, though I’m not super attached to the name. I love how melancholy [name_u]Rue[/name_u] is, but by that same reason, would never use it for a kid. Because it sounds like Roo, I feel like it is super cutesy and I have a hard time finding combos for it that aren’t too baby talk-nicknamey.

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]: [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is a long time love. I love how it looks though I actually don’t think it flows that well when I say it. [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is just because I liked it with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f].

[name_f]Calla[/name_f]: This is new, not sure how long it will stay. It’s cute and sounds appealing.

[name_f]Siena[/name_f]: one of my favorite names of all time. [name_f]Honor[/name_f] name. I also just love the way it sounds. I’ve noticed I really like the “see” sounds, and names with “s” in general.

[name_f]Tess[/name_f]: another of my favorite names. Also an honor name and a name with an “s”. Short and sweet :slight_smile: I used to have Tess Galilea, but the G started becoming kind of unappealing to me, even though I love the lilting sound and starry feel of Galilea.

I feel like my boys’ signature is much less thought out and more just a bunch of combos I thought sounded nice.
Individually, I like the names [name_m]Ansel[/name_m], [name_u]Gray[/name_u], [name_m]Callan[/name_m], Revelle, [name_m]Latham[/name_m], [name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_m]Soren[/name_m], and [name_u]Vale[/name_u]. As well as [name_u]Slate[/name_u] and Torr. Mostly because of how they sound.
Names I chose because I liked them in that combo: [name_u]Alden[/name_u] (I like this a little more than just being a filler though), [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Scott[/name_m], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] (this is really starting to grow on me though), and [name_f]October[/name_f]. Also [name_u]Elliot[/name_u].
[name_f]Honor[/name_f] names: [name_u]Reeve[/name_u], [name_m]Bauer[/name_m]

In real life, I would use [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Siena[/name_f], or [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. I would also use [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_f]Katherine[/name_f].
For boys, I would definitely use [name_u]Reese[/name_u]/[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]. Revelle has been on my mind lately, so that’s an option too.

[name_u]Aza[/name_u]: I got this idea from ‘Turtles all the way down’ by [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Green[/name_u]. Throughout the book, I really related to [name_u]Aza[/name_u] because I also suffer from OCD. I also loved the meaning behind the name: powerful. Besides that, I think this name is so simple but very unique.

[name_f]Alba[/name_f]: The reason why I love this name is simply because I think it sounds very simple and beautiful.

[name_f]Delta[/name_f]: I really love this name, because I am generally really into space names. Besides that I think it sounds very feminine and strong.

[name_u]Vega[/name_u]: Another space name. I love how short this but still very strong and unique.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]: I heard of this name a long time ago, but it always stuck with me. I think it sounds super cool and I love it for both boys and girls.

[name_u]Charley[/name_u]: I have always loved the name [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], but I decided to change the spelling a little bit!

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]: This name is just so elegant and beautiful. Definitely a timeless name.

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]: It is quite odd for a girl, but there is something about this name that I really love. When I first heard this name, it just stuck with me. I don’t know why.

[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]: Timeless boys name. It can definitely grow with a person and I think it is just very handsome and cute.

[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]: Very handsome name. I also love the nickname ‘[name_m]Mac[/name_m]’.

[name_u]Mason[/name_u]: Another simple but cool boys name that I have always loved.

[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]: I get such a warm feeling whenever I hear this name. I don’t know why, but I just think this is so cool and cute.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]: Same as for girls, a very cool unisex name.

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]: Very handsome name that is perfect for every age.

[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]: This name has such a beautiful meaning meaning: ‘evening star’. I think this is perfect as a middle name.

[name_f]Vespera[/name_f]: This name has the same meaning as [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and is just as stunning.

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]: Such a classic, beautiful name.

Itxaro: I read about this name here on the Nameberry Forum, and it just stuck with me. I think it is very beautiful but it has this cool side to it.

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]: I heard this name on the Netflix series ‘You’. At first I thought it was a bit odd, but now I love it. Very classic and beautiful.

[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]: I heard this name on the Netflix series ‘Orphan [name_m]Black[/name_m]’ which was my all-time favorite show a while back. I thought this name had something really special and beautiful to it. It is also a space-related name, which I really love.

@friendliestfriend Hey, we both have OCD, love space & similar names :slight_smile:

My whole signature is currently space-themed (ad astra = to the stars)

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] (like the moon) is also one of my all-time favorite names. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is my fourth favorite girl’s name and I think she’s darling with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

[name_f]Astraea[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - I always go back and forth on whether I actually like [name_f]Astraea[/name_f], right now I really love her. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is my favorite name ever, and realistically if I were going to have a baby her first name would be [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] but I’m just playing right now.

[name_f]Callisto[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - [name_f]Callisto[/name_f] is a name I’ve liked for a really long time, but go back and forth on whether I like it or [name_f]Callista[/name_f] better. Right now I’m feeling [name_f]Callisto[/name_f]! I think it’s so spunky and wonderful! [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is my second favorite name and realistically would also be a first.

[name_f]Galatea[/name_f] [name_f]Lilou[/name_f] - [name_f]Galatea[/name_f] is so pretty, but a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I’m stuck between [name_f]Lilou[/name_f] and [name_f]Louise[/name_f], I have no idea which one I like better.

[name_f]Io[/name_f] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] - [name_f]Io[/name_f] is the name of my childhood doll (a boy, though). To be honest, I thought I made it up until I heard of the moon! Now I love it for a girl. [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] is just so pretty but probably not realistic because in my accent it sounds like oddily.

[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] - I’m trying to force myself to love [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] because [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] is my all-time favorite name but not something I think is usable for a real child. [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] is so cute, and means evening star, which I adore!

[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] - [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] is my #1 love and (probably) always will be. He’s also totally unusable for me. But since my signature is currently space themed, I’ll use him! [name_u]August[/name_u] is so sweet and honors my best friend, it’s her birth month.

[name_m]Roswell[/name_m] [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] - [name_m]Roswell[/name_m] honors my dad (we used to love those alien conspiracy documentaries) and I love the nickname “[name_m]Wells[/name_m].” [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] is so handsome.

[name_m]Jupiter[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] - [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m] is just too cool! I don’t know if [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] goes well with him but I’m trying it out. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is the name I would realistically use for a little boy if I were to have one.

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] - [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is one of my favorites, though I struggle with actually using it, I don’t want my son to feel like he has the whole world on his shoulders. [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] is a nod to my Polish side.

[name_m]Apollo[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] - Realistically, I’ll probably use [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m], but I love [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] and am so inspired by the NASA [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] missions!

[name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_f]Briar[/name_f] - [name_u]Orion[/name_u] was supposed to be my little sister’s name. I love it! [name_f]Briar[/name_f] is a connection to me, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], through the princess ([name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].)

Lurker: I was just walking in the city and suddenly someone called the name “lurker”, I immediately felt a deep connection with this name.

Zweatie: This name really reminds me of the word “sweet” but I didn’t want to copy it all so I gave a little twist to it.

Cocky: My dad’s name is [name_m]Dock[/name_m] and I really wanted to honour him because he is a great person but again didn’t want to copy it so I thought al lot and came up with this name!

[name_m]Richard[/name_m]: [name_m]Richard[/name_m] is an old family name of my family so I grew up with this name :slight_smile: I respect my family a lot and wanted to name my son this way to pay my respects to the family.

Chumor: This name really reminds me of a chubby baby and I think those babies are the best and super cute so I came up with this name. I also heard one time and I felt a connection that I can’t describe.

Rapist: Some people may think this name is weird but I think this name has a deeper meaning which is very important to me. I just really like this name.

Clitora: This name is derived from [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f]. I have always had a strong bound with [name_u]Egypt[/name_u] and that is why I chose the name Clitora, because it’s not the sae as [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f] but strongly reminds me of it.

Ghertrude: I once went to the Netherlands and that is when I heard this name. I think it is really cute and not very common.

Vulviana: I went to [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] once and I really loved it, the city is very beautiful so that is where [name_f]Vianna[/name_f] is from and the first part of the name is an ode to all women.

Analla: When I was younger I liked the name [name_f]Anna[/name_f] a lot, but nowadays I think it is kind of boring so I tried to combine it with [name_f]Ella[/name_f].

Penetratia ‘[name_u]Penny[/name_u]’: I have always liked the name Phenelopy with the nickname [name_u]Penny[/name_u] so I just brainstormed about other names with the nickname [name_u]Penny[/name_u] and came up with this!

Phelony: This is just THE cutest name, I adore it.

I love this! I love making sure I have a connection to some names on a personal level so that when I do need to name a human the list won’t change too much.

[name_f]Elara[/name_f]/[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] ~ A small, not too noticeable nod to [name_f]Lara[/name_f] Croft Franchise. C- name would honour me. [name_f]Elara[/name_f] is a nod to my love of Mythology.
A variant on the name [name_u]June[/name_u] is honouring my grandmother who is named [name_u]June[/name_u] and also [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is a nature name and my Grandmother has a great green thumb. Kind of partially my grandfather who was born in [name_u]June[/name_u].
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is for our love of Batman. I, in particular, love the story of [name_u]Harley[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] ~ Loved “[name_f]Lily[/name_f]” names since I was young & cannot seem to take this off my list even though it is quite popular. My Partner and mother love it and my great grandmother was called [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] is for my favourite band Good [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I probably would not have survived my teen years without them.
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] means “[name_f]Star[/name_f]” and I love looking up at the stars at night and my partner and I do this quite often as we both love the sky. Stars have such a huge part of our relationship as it reminds us of our first date and so on.

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] ~ I love the name [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and the associations I have for the name are all positive. It is the name of the Norse goddess of love, beauty and fertility and after struggling with Fertility I thought I would be a wonderful name to celebrate a baby. [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] is spelt this way for the love of the show [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls but I love this name due to sound and it is a [name_m]German[/name_m] name! [name_u]Wren[/name_u] - In basics, I love birds and nature. I battle depression and anxiety and birds kind of calm me when I see a bird soaring it makes me feel it is ok to be happy and free.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Raine[/name_f] ~ A name created for its imagery of dewy forests/jungles and ocean/rain. My partner and I are both water signs and that was the main reason for creating this vibe of name. I love the meanings of all the names as well.

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] ~ This combo is still being played with. The first name that was the starting block on this combo was [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], Now before my partner said this name in casual name talk I had never heard of it, I bought it up in conversation with my grandparents and it is a name in my family tree! [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] (my grandfather mother) grandmother was named this. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is like my holy grail trinity name, it’s a flower, a colour (I love art/painting) and it is a universe name. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is a little filler here but I do love the feminine vibe.

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Fynn[/name_m] - [name_m]Silas[/name_m] is a name to honour name for my partner. It plays on the syllables of his gaming tag/name that he has used for…15 years of so. [name_m]Walter[/name_m] is my grandfather’s FN and I absolutely love the imagery in conjures. [name_m]Fynn[/name_m] is Irish/[name_m]German[/name_m] name - which is my exact heritage

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_m]Kier[/name_m] - [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is kind of from TMNT. He is the red one and one with the [name_f]Sai[/name_f]. My partner and I own [name_f]Sai[/name_f] and he loves martial arts. [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] is a [name_m]German[/name_m] name and I am part [name_m]German[/name_m] and would like to have some of that heritage flow through in names. [name_m]Kier[/name_m] is an Irish name with a cool meaning.

If I were to name a child right now
G: [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
B: [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Fynn[/name_m]
GG: [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] & [name_f]Elara[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

[name_f]Chiara[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]: I love the sound and look of [name_f]Chiara[/name_f], and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] constantly blows me away every time I read it. It honestly never gets old for me. I liked the flow of these names together, and I feel like I could picture this name on an actual child.

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_f]Ava[/name_f]: a bit of a guilty pleasure. I hadn’t really considered [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] for a boy or a girl, until I started randomly considering what [name_f]Elle[/name_f] could be a nickname for, and I couldn’t shake the idea of [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] on a girl. I tend to lean towards masculine names (though, since I know this is controversial, I would absolutely use a feminine name on a son, if I find the right one), but every time I read [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], I picture a girl. [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is stunning, and I love how it looks next to [name_u]Elliott[/name_u].

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f]: my favourite name. I’m dead-set on using this for a potential first-born daughter. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] was my paternal grandmother’s name, but even so, I’ve always been in love with [name_f]Em[/name_f]- names. Both mine and my mom’s middle names are [name_f]Dianne[/name_f], so I want to carry that tradition on, though I like the spelling of [name_f]Diane[/name_f] better.

[name_f]Jordana[/name_f] [name_f]Roos[/name_f]: I really liked [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] for a girl, but I love how the extra syllable gives this name a bit of an oomph to it. I considered the Italian [name_f]Giordana[/name_f] spelling, but I slightly like the look of the J better. I struggled coming up with a middle name for [name_f]Jordana[/name_f] and kept coming back to [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but that seemed a bit too predictable for this name. I was looking through Dutch names, to honour my mom’s side, and I found [name_f]Roos[/name_f], which is basically just the Dutch spelling of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (and pronounced the same way), and I couldn’t not use it.

[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Fay[/name_f]: I wanted a longer version for [name_f]Liv[/name_f], and I found [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] just before I was supposed to read The Aeneid for a class. I love how unique this name is, and its connection to [name_m]Roman[/name_m] mythology. Plus, I recently found out that my great-grandfather’s middle name was Levinus, so I like the slight connection there. [name_f]Fay[/name_f] is my mom’s name, and I couldn’t picture a better middle to go with [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f].

[name_f]Vita[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]: I’ve been really into the nickname Vee lately, and [name_f]Vita[/name_f] kept coming back to me. It’s so spunky and fresh. [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] is pretty obviously after me. I couldn’t think of a middle for [name_f]Vita[/name_f], and I recently fell in love with [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] as a name. I considered [name_f]Vita[/name_f] [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f], or [name_f]Vita[/name_f] [name_f]Nicolina[/name_f], but I’m not really crazy about [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] (though I like the repeated ‘t’ sound), and I’m not the biggest fan of rhyming first and last names (though ‘little [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]’ would be a sweet meaning for a potential daughter).

[name_u]Adrien[/name_u] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]: I recently found out there are a TON of '[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]'s on my maternal grandmother’s side of the family, and her name is [name_f]Ada[/name_f], so [name_u]Adrien[/name_u] is a slight nod to them. I like the meaning of [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], and I love its cool vibe. I just really liked the sound of [name_u]Adrien[/name_u] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m].

[name_m]Bas[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]: My great-grandfather’s name was [name_m]Bastiaan[/name_m], but I feel like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is a bit too popular at the moment, but [name_m]Bas[/name_m] just seems so cool to me, and I wanted a Dutch name for my guys list. Plus, it reminds me of [name_m]Baz[/name_m] Luhrmann, and my family are big fans of his movies, so I like that connection. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

[name_m]Holden[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]: I heard these names, loved them, and loved them together. [name_m]Scott[/name_m] was after F. [name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m], but mostly I liked the classic literary feel of the name. Same with [name_m]Holden[/name_m]. I didn’t really give this combo much thought.

[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]: [name_m]John[/name_m] is after my dad, and I like how classic and solid of a name it is. I just love how strong [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is, and I thought it was perfect with [name_m]John[/name_m].

[name_m]Julien[/name_m] [name_m]Rafael[/name_m]: I’ve loved [name_m]Julien[/name_m] for a long time, and [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] just seemed like a good middle. Again, not too much thought.

[name_m]Mateo[/name_m] [name_m]Shai[/name_m]: I love [name_m]Shai[/name_m]. I think the meaning is so beautiful, and the ‘shy’ pronunciation is so sweet. I met someone named [name_m]Mathew[/name_m], and I liked how different the one t ‘[name_u]Mat[/name_u]’ is. Then, I fell in love with [name_m]Mateo[/name_m].