Fairy as a middle name?

Thoughts about using [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] as a middle name? I’ve seen [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] be used and it got me thinking about [name_f]Fairy[/name_f]. I think it sounds whimsical and sweet, and I like more fun unexpected middle names. So do you think [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] is usable in the middle spot or am I crazy lol

It’s usable as a middle name or even second middle name!

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Fae[/name_f] us a better option and would be nicer in place of the literal word.

2 Likes

But in the [name_u]Irish[/name_u] legends (like the first ones) faeries and fairies are different

It’s fine in the middle! I would pair it with something a bit more grounded as a first name. Maybe [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] or [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Fairy[/name_f].

7 Likes

Yes exactly, I was going to add that it would need a more grounded first name, the name I have it paired with on my list is Agatha

1 Like

I don’t really like it, too literal. I don’t think it’s unusable in the middle but nearly so.

1 Like

Aww, [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] is sweet! I have [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] “Fairy” on my list :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

However, [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] does have usage as a slur so I wouldn’t use it because of that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im a big fan of word names. However [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] isn’t my personal favorite its too sweet for me as a stand alone name

However with that being said it’s definitely not the worst name I’ve heard. And I personally would prefer a name to err on the side of too sweet than too harsh.

Also I love [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f], [name_u]Faraday[/name_u] and [name_f]Farrah[/name_f]

1 Like

I don’t think it will be taken seriously by a majority of people, unfortunately.

It’s not for me, but I think it’s fine in the middle spot.

I do think of its use as a homophobic slur right away, so I personally wouldn’t use it, but it’s not the worst. I also prefer [name_f]Fae[/name_f], [name_f]Fay[/name_f], [name_f]Faerie[/name_f], or another name that means “fairy” eg. Neraida or [name_f]Síofra[/name_f].

It is kind of fun and whimsical, however:

this was my thought, sadly too.

I guess it depends how you feel about that

Not only is it childish, it’s also an offensive term for gay men. I’d steer clear.

I thought of the slur as well. There are lots of possibilities related to fairies.
Fay / Fae / Fayette / Faye
Olette / Alida
Pari
Tatiana
Morgan
Maeve
Anya / Aine
Niamh / Neve

I never thought of it as the slur, thanks for pointing that out. So would [name_f]Faerie[/name_f] be better for usage or still offensive?

I’m not a fan sorry, it feels a bit too much. I like the suggestion about of [name_f]Faerie[/name_f], it just looks like more of a name even if it sounds the same! But I think [name_f]Fae[/name_f] or something similar would be better personally.

i would prefer faye, fay or fei!

I don’t love it. It sounds like the kind of name that wouldn’t be treated seriously. The insult is unfortunate too: I wouldn’t want to look up my middle name in a dictionary and read that. I’d suggest using a name that means fairy or has some connection to fairies rather than the actual word.

it does?