Fake Teaser Game!

Just like the normal teaser game, except you don’t take an excerpt from a story you are already writing. You write a paragraph (or a couple) on the spot. I hope this makes sense!

first word: noble

5 Likes

“Oh, sure, you mean well,” [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] shrugged, stirring her cereal listlessly. “Noble intentions and all that. But Mom’s gonna kill me if I let a kid try and solve a double murder, Snowball.”
“My name is just Snow,” he reminded her, and the girl laughed. The sound was almost as empty as her cereal-mixing, devoid of any emotion whether happy or sarcastic. “And I’m only thirteen months younger than you!”
“Okay, Snowcone.”
“Shut up!”

Next: devoid

3 Likes

[name_f]Chrissa[/name_f]. Not [name_f]Christina[/name_f] please. [name_f]Chrissa[/name_f]. Much simpler, much prettier, and most definitely devoid of any association with [name_f]Christina[/name_f] [name_u]Palmer[/name_u]. Oh I hate her.
Sure, I understand she’s got her struggles too, like which mascara to wear today - Oh my gosh!!! - Simple solution. Don’t wear makeup.
But I gotta be nice. [name_u]Or[/name_u] I’ll get expelled. 'Cause that’s the next step. 'Cause I’m a troubled child. 'Cause I’m a bully.
But maybe I’d rather get expelled than spend the rest of middle school dealing with [name_f]Christina[/name_f].

next: expel

1 Like

“It’s not my fault,” I informed my mother.
Mom raised her eyebrows. “Really? Punching that girl with no provocation whatsoever wasn’t your fault?”
“That was entirely my fault,” I said. I had no qualms about admitting that. I was quite proud of that punch. “I’m saying, getting expelled wasn’t my fault. It was the school’s decision.”
[name_f]My[/name_f] mother threw her hands in the air, spun on her heels, and stalked out of my room.

Next: provoke/provocation

1 Like

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] swallowed, trying to work out a way to get herself out of her current situation without provoking him any more than she already seemed to be. “See, sir, I don’t… er, I… I need to get back to my friends… can I go, please?”
“Why do you need to see your friends so urgently?” the teacher asked, giving [name_f]Anna[/name_f] a disturbing smile.
“Homework.” As soon as the excuse left her mouth, she cursed her lack of thinking. The exams had finished earlier that very day!

Next: urgent

Mrs. [name_m]Winthrop[/name_m] didn’t seem to care on that [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] afternoon. Her lesson on geometry was getting to be so long, and my attention span could definitely not keep up. I glanced over at [name_f]Rhea[/name_f], who looked like she was about to pass out. [name_f]My[/name_f] phone buzzed, so I slowly pulled it out from my jacket pocket to see what it was about. I tried to be careful so that Mrs. [name_m]Winthrop[/name_m] wouldn’t notice me. I opened my phone and the top of the screen displayed a text from my mom. “I love you [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. Never forget that.” The text read. I was so confused, wondering what my mom meant by that. Did something happen? I grabbed my belongings and started to walk towards the door, hoping to call my mom in the hallway. Mrs. [name_m]Winthrop[/name_m] turned around from her lesson. “Where are you going?” She questioned me. “It’s urgent, I promise.” I tried to defend myself. Mrs. [name_m]Winthrop[/name_m] sighed and signaled me out the door, which was surprising considering she normally was so stubborn about everything. I dialed up my mom, but it kept going to voicemail. What was wrong with my mom? Why couldn’t I get ahold of her? Was she in danger?

next word: forgive

I’m not sure what the argument is about, but I can take a guess. I lean my ear against the door.
“Ginny, you’ve got to forgive me. And you know it isn’t entirely my fault!” [name_u]Nick[/name_u] exclaimed.
I heard sobbing. “What are you going to do about it?”
Then there was a muffled groan. “Me? Me - what am I going to do about it? I mean, I’ll take responsibility, but not if you leave. If you leave, then it’s out of my hands.”
Then my heart froze as footsteps sounded. I hurried to scramble away, but the door opened too soon, and I fell inward. [name_f]My[/name_f] brother and his girlfriend just stared at me, with surprise and pure anger.
All I could do was stare back.

next: responsibility

“You realise that if you --”
“I know!” They fumbled with the keys in their hand. “But everyone down there thinks I’m guilty of murder, and I may as well be if we don’t do something!”
“Zephyr, please!” Fliss begged. “Don’t do this! You can’t just take responsibility for this, you’ll be --”
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] flung the hatch open and clambered out, taking the guide line to keep them from falling to their death, before running along the top of the [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]. Fliss turned to me, eyes wide with horror, but I could do nothing to comfort her.

Next: comfort

[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] gave her baby brother a hug and handed him his favorite teddy bear, in order to try to comfort him after the not-so-great day at school. From what she had been told, [name_m]Anton[/name_m] Krum had stolen Gilbert’s lunch box and emptied it of its contents, then proceeded to pick on him for his hair and eyes. After hearing this from both [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] and [name_m]Ludwig[/name_m], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], even now, was practically screaming inside. Oh, how she wanted to go over to the Krum residence and teach that brat a lesson he’d (hopefully) never forget! But she knew that that wouldn’t do herself or little [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] any good, and if their parents were still alive, they wouldn’t be too happy with her or [name_m]Ludwig[/name_m] for giving a six-year-old a taste of his own medicine.

Next word: medicine

The letter had left a disgusting taste in my mouth, something like that horrible cherry medicine flavour that the two of us have never really liked. I understand you aren’t meant to enjoy the taste of medicine, of course, but even so…
“Aisling?” [name_f]Lia[/name_f] frowned. “What does it say?”
“You don’t want to know.”
“It was addressed to us both!”

Next: flavour

I could taste the flavor of fear on the air as I glanced around, taking in the hundreds of eyes blinking in the darkness. It was impossible to tell which were real and which were illusions.
I opened my mouth to call out for [name_m]Ben[/name_m], but when I started speaking, my voice made no noise. I should have known—a room so quiet I could hear my own heart couldn’t have allowed sound of any kind.

Next word: quiet

He brought his hands up to cover his ears, screwed those strange eyes of his shut.
“Please, please…” he whispered, his voice quiet and broken. It grew dark, as though our prison was able to hear him, and wanted nothing more than to hear him scream.
“It does, Liadain,” the stranger murmured. “So help him.”

Next: scream

Darkness began to swirl around her, and hands closed on her forearms. She opened her mouth to shout, but no noise came out. She had no control. She could do nothing but sink into the pit of night. Anger and fear built up inside her, tearing at the walls of her heart, anxious to be let out.
But she couldn’t let them out. She couldn’t!
Until she woke up - and screamed.

next: walls

The silence was so deafening she thought her head may explode. Covering her ears only made it worse for she could hear the thump, thump, thump of her horrible beating heart.
The pristine white walls of the cage made it worse, as if they were taunting her with their clean and goodness. On them she swore she can see the blood, the body of the poor boy and even squeezing her eyes shut couldn’t block out the projection, the sounds of his screaming.
She fell into a frenzy, screaming and crying, and shouting for help. Her breathing became uncontrollable.
She swore the walls were closing in. But there was nothing she or anyone could do.
She had killed [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] Gregory… and this was her punishment.

Next word: woods

1 Like

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] and the others traversed the woods, the midday sun slightly obscured by the tall trees. After a few moments, [name_f]Laura[/name_f] once again took in their surroundings, puzzled. “Wait, guys.”

“What’s up?” [name_u]Ash[/name_u] asked.

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] gestured around herself after pulling her hood up in order to keep herself warm. “Didn’t we already come this way?”

“I don’t think so,” [name_u]Alex[/name_u] said.

“Uh, actually…” Eiji chimed in. He, too, looked around, filming their location. “I think we did. I recognize that rock.”

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] turned to Bones and held out her gloved hand. “Let me see the map.” After a moment’s hesitation from her friend, she spoke again. “Bones? What’s wrong?”

“Let us see the map,” [name_u]Ash[/name_u] said.

Bones shuffled his feet and looked down at the autumn-colored leaves and pine needles strewn about. “About the map…I…well, I kind of…lost it.”

“What?!” everyone else exclaimed.

“You lost it?!” [name_u]Ash[/name_u] and [name_u]Alex[/name_u] yelled in unison.

“How could you lose a freaking map?!” [name_f]Laura[/name_f] exclaimed.

“That’s what I wanna know,” [name_m]Skip[/name_m] said.

“It-it was an accident!” Bones said hastily, holding his hands up in surrender. “I dropped it in a creek a few yards back or something!”

[name_u]Ash[/name_u] facepalmed. “Bones, [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] [name_m]Christ[/name_m].”

“Now, now,” Eiji, who was trying hard to act as peacemaker, said, his camera still recording his friends. “Bones just said losing the map was an accident. Let’s just…Oh, never mind, I’m freaking mad as hell, too!” He thrust the camera at [name_m]Skip[/name_m], then lunged at Bones, only for a surprised [name_u]Ash[/name_u] to hold him back. “Ash, let go!”

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] gritted her teeth, clenched her fists, and glared at Bones from under her hood. “I can’t believe this! First Papa John’s, now this? If we end up in a [name_u]Blair[/name_u] Witch Project situation, so help me, you’ll need, like, divine intervention to save you!”

“Damn straight!” [name_u]Alex[/name_u], Eiji and [name_u]Ash[/name_u] said in agreement.

“Guys, calm down!” [name_m]Skip[/name_m] pleaded. “This isn’t helping.”

Next word: intervention

Intervention?” [name_u]Fei[/name_u] flicked through the pages of Misty’s homework book. “This stuff is insane. This is not going to help you at all, it’s a miracle you’re keeping up with it!”

“I figured. What do I do?” the girl groaned.

[name_u]Fei[/name_u] could only shrug.

Next: miracle

Next:

“Never in a miracle years!” Declared [name_u]Rory[/name_u], folding her arms.
Rory’s brother rolled his eyes. “You mixed up your words again,” he said. “You meant to say million.”
“So what?” [name_u]Rory[/name_u] demanded.
“You do it all the time,” [name_u]Jace[/name_u] answered.

Next: [name_u]Million[/name_u]

There are a million reasons that [name_u]Brady[/name_u] had killed himself, but the one that he had given me, in a note, hours before the police had found him dead with a gun at his side, was that demons had finally caught up with him.

next: note

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] could not believe it, she was able to direct her path using help from her compass. It was hard trying to survive alone in the woods, however the shimmering light in the north guided her to cave.
Despite, the current harsh weather conditions a piece of paper containing a secret code came into her possession next to a bubbling cauldron full of lavender syrup. Was it a note? Was it a warning?

Next: Reliable

The time dragged by slowly as [name_f]Flora[/name_f] continued to inch her way through the foggy forest. Doubt began to fill her mind. She remembered her father’s warnings, but they were only useless echoes in her mind now. If she turned back, [name_m]Quinton[/name_m] would have her killed.

That stupid oath! If only she could find some sort of loophole. But the harsh reality that surrounded her begged otherwise. Surely she would reach the garrison soon.

Six months ago, I’d have said that [name_m]Quinton[/name_m] was the most reliable person I knew. What a joke!

Gradually, a crumbling stone building came into view, and sheer dread overwhelmed her every thought.

Next: sheer