Fave Modern Made-up Name

I quite like [name_u]Everly[/name_u] even though it’s EXTREMELY popular (wether it’s been invented I don’t know), I know 6 people from my high school alone that have daughters named this. but it definitely sounds modern and trendy to me which most of these names are!!

2 Likes

I agree, [name_u]Everly[/name_u] does have quite a nice sound! Too bad everyone else thinks so too, haha

1 Like

I’ve always liked the name Maiden… 🤷

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of that as a name before - it’s nice! Nickname [name_f]Mae[/name_f]?

Samwise (my favorite), [name_f]Novalie[/name_f], and [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] come to mind.

2 Likes

I’m embararssed to admit it but a GP name of mine is Cleobella. I’m aware it sounds (and looks) silly but I can’t help but crushing on it. On top of that, I LOVE the name [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] but I’m not a fan of any of the full versions of it. With that being said, I really love [name_f]Elizabelle[/name_f]. To me, [name_f]Elizabelle[/name_f] seems more usuable…

1 Like

My ‘sister’ LOVES [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f], too.

1 Like

I love it. I hope it catches on lol. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t see why not. [name_f]Mae[/name_f] from maiden is nice

A few months ago, I was trying to pronounce [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] in a list on another thread, but I was thinking of another name at the time, so it came out as Calva. I thought it would be a great made-up name.

I just had that happen to me again while reading @OpheliaFlora’s user card. I hadn’t heard the pronunciation of [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] before, so I was choosing between two possible pronunciations that I thought of. The first time I read it, I had that name in mind when I read the middle name for [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] in her user card ([name_f]Alice[/name_f]), so it came out as “Atice”! I decided to change the spelling to [name_u]Addis[/name_u], perhaps as a variant or nickname of [name_u]Addison[/name_u].

1 Like

Wintessa ([name_u]Winter[/name_u] meets [name_f]Tessa[/name_f])
Wrenox, Wrennoxe or Rennox (W/ren and [name_u]Lennox[/name_u])
Renlo (I think I heard this on an SJ Strum video on YouTube)
Josalene, Josalie, [name_f]Laurentina[/name_f], Evatina…these are just name beginnings and endings I like put together in different ways.
Natalyn - posted by a [name_u]Berry[/name_u]
Evis - I can’t find it listed anywhere but surely it’s a surname in use at least. I think I was musing about this after learning about [name_f]Eris[/name_f] recently.
Ellerose, PN just like [name_f]Elle[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f], but I think it looks so pretty as one name!

1 Like

Addis is so intriguing! You absolutely could be right about it catching on as a nickname for [name_u]Addison[/name_u] - I suspect as the little [name_u]Addison[/name_u]’s I know get older that some of them may prefer more “adult” sounding [name_u]Addis[/name_u] to their childhood nickname [name_f]Addy[/name_f]

1 Like

Haha, I thought I made the name [name_f]Katara[/name_f] up, for an antagonist in a story I’m writing!

2 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing! As I was thinking of spellings for [name_u]Addis[/name_u], I thought of the [name_u]Harry[/name_u]/Harris/Harrison variants and thought it could apply to [name_u]Addison[/name_u]!

1 Like

Oh, I love [name_f]Katara[/name_f]! And [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]!

Maelily is one of my all-time favorites. It’s a little too frilly for me now in this season, but I will always love it very very dearly. I know it’s more of a smoosh, but made up none the less! Next would be [name_f]Maeby[/name_f] – most tend to hate this one but tbh of every name I’ve loved before this is probably the one that I will use if ever given the chance!

I also really like Wilah, like [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] with a W, and I always think about Imogenoveva (ih mo jen o vee va). I think that’s beautiful. Over the top and incredibly unrealistic, but gooooodness hahahah.

also I LOVE [name_u]Addis[/name_u] @w8src! Adding to the list!

3 Likes

So many fun names! I adore Ellerose - it strikes the same vibe as [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] but with a fresh twist! I might tweak it just a bit and say Ellarose might flow even better :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just rewatched Arrested Development - I think there are some funny “mix-up moments” for a name like [name_f]Maeby[/name_f], but it is genuinely a nice sounding name!

When I first read Wilah, I wanted to pronounce it will-ah. I wonder if Wyla would make more sense as a spelling if it’s meant to rhyme with [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], [name_f]Kyla[/name_f], etc?

I’ve never seen Arrested Development, but I do know of the character! [name_f]My[/name_f] sister’s middle name is [name_f]Mae[/name_f] & I’ve always loved names that end in “bee” ([name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f], [name_m]Alby[/name_m], [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m], etc.). Originally I loved it as a nickname for [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], but as time went on I preferred [name_f]Maeby[/name_f] to [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] like… ten fold :joy: Genuinely think people sleeeeep on [name_f]Maeby[/name_f] because it really does have so many on trend & attractive sounds!!

Also definitely on Wyla! Especially a la [name_u]Wylie[/name_u]! The stark jump from the W to the y is also pretty attention grabbing!

1 Like

Our daughter’s name is Zarlia. We love it and had many compliments which was nice. (Its different but still has a familiar sound to it which we liked)
Also liked Azureyah but too long lol

3 Likes

Zarlia is so pretty and creative - love it!!!

1 Like

My favorite is probably Luminara who is a Jedi master mostly shown in Star Wars: Clone Wars. I also LOVE Avatar: The Last Air Bender and love the sound of Yue and I have Iroh as a middle on my list. I also first heard Jinora from Legend of Korra and I thought was so sweet! Also I know it’s not made up from the game but I really do like the name Zelda.

2 Likes