Favorite Gwen name?

Which [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] name is your favorite? Between [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f], [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], and [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] feels a little clunky, but it’s classic and easily pronounced. I think it would get misspelled as [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] a lot though.

I think [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is gorgeous but I’m worried it’s too difficult to spell or pronounce and I don’t like [name_u]Guin[/name_u]. I think it might be too medieval too.

I think [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] is really pretty, but I don’t like the [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] Paltrow association and worry about the confusion between the gwen-ith vs gwin-ith pronunciations.

Which one would you choose?

2 Likes

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] is probably my favourite :slight_smile:

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] is my personal favourite along with [name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] which I feel has a very sleek modern feel to a traditional name!

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite is [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f], but I really like all three of them!

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is my favorite (nn [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and Vera). It seems a standardized spelling and pronunciation and people may not have met one but they do know about Camelot.

[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] is a close second. It doesn’t feel clunky to me. [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] feels clunky, though I love that name too.

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] I loathe because I loathe [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] Paltrow. Who knows why, but I do!

1 Like

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] is my favourite, but overall, I prefer [name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f].

• am not really a [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] fan ( very bad association with one) But while not overboard with it. I find [name_f]Gwenda[/name_f] appealing. I did once know a lovely [name_f]Gwenda[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is so romantic, elegant and strong. I think [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] works perfectly as a nickname for [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], even with the different spelling!

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] is still too Paltrow for me sadly! Otherwise I’m sure it probably would be my favourite.

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] has a clunky kind of sound that doesn’t personally appeal to me.

[name_f]My[/name_f] actual favorite [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] name is just [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]! I love it as a standalone and definitely prefer it over any of the longer options. [name_f]My[/name_f] next choice is Gwendolen–it’s beautiful and my general favorite out of your options, but I also just think it makes the most sense as a full name for [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]. I could see it being misspelled [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], but that’s an easy correction!

2 Likes

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is my favorite out of the 3!

my personal favourite is guinevere by far! its spelling and pronunciation are pretty intuitive. and there’s no such thing as too medieval :grin:

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] ,Eve,Neve)and Gwyneth(nn [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] or Gwyn) are my favourites,but I slightly prefer [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite it [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] closely followed by [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]!

[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] can definitely stand on its own though, I know a [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] which is her birth name and she wears it very well!

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] :heart:

Simple [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] is my favourite, then:

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] > [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] > [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]

[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] is my favourite, I also like [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] spelling.

She’s not mentioned but [name_f]Gwenette[/name_f]

Omg… your thoughts are EXACTLY my thoughts on each of these names (inc Paltrow hahaha).

I think my favourite is [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f].

[name_m]Just[/name_m] throwing [name_f]Gwenllian[/name_f] into the mix.look her up…she was AMAZING!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] name is [name_f]Gwenllian[/name_f]. But if I have to choose, [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f], because other two are very long.
Other ideas are [name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] and Gwennan.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. It’s so elegant and pretty. I don’t think that it’s too mediaeval if you’re referring to the [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] association.