Favourite names as a child?

Haha, I do recall now that around the age of 5, I wanted triplet girls named [name_f]Apple[/name_f] blossom, [name_f]Peach[/name_f] blossom and [name_f]Cherry[/name_f] blossom :joy: [name_f]Imagine[/name_f] that!

2 Likes

To name just a few: [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_f]Rochelle[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Aimee[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
Holly/Molly
[name_u]Kitty[/name_u]

[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]

1 Like

I named every doll and imaginary friend [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] . No idea why I was so into that name.

Otherwise, for girls I generally liked names that had “boy” nicknames like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] (Jo) , [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] (Sam) , [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] ( George). There was someone about girls with boys names that seemed very very cool to me. None of these names are remotely my style now but I do still really love traditionally boy names on girls and unisex names generally.

For boy names I can’t really remember but [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] stands out. I definitely liked more traditional familiar names even I was younger. Now I tend to swing towards very unusual and bold names.

2 Likes

I remember liking Emma, Mia and Lily. (I still really like them!)

2 Likes

Just posted this on another thread but had to post it here too :blush:

My favourite, which i still adore today, would have to be Ella though <3

2 Likes

Mine were [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Cassia[/name_f]. I don’t remember ever thinking about boys’ names as a kid haha

2 Likes

For girls: [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
Boys: [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Mason[/name_u]

2 Likes

[name_f]Honour[/name_f] and [name_m]Giles[/name_m].

3 Likes

i remember loving [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] ‘Percy’ when i was little :relieved:

i also liked [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] (pleasing sound?), [name_f]Millicent[/name_f], and [name_f]Carly[/name_f]!

1 Like

I adore this! :heart:

thank you, bea!

i still feel very attached to many of them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I remember liking [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] because of The Neverending [name_u]Story[/name_u] movie and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] because of Big Daddy. I also liked [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] because of two very nice classmates.

For girls, it was [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] because of childhood friends :heart:

I love this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] little pony? :joy:

1 Like

Very young I loved Alina.

A bit older I really liked Jack, Elaine, Johanna.

Jump forward a bit more and I liked Evelyn, Theodore, Harper, Lera.

I’ve also gone through stages influenced by TV or books as well as odd styles of names but these are the individual ones I remember liking.

2 Likes

I was very much into [name_u]William[/name_u] nn [name_u]Will[/name_u], and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

I still like them, but won’t be using them.

2 Likes

I loved [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! [name_u]Joan[/name_u] was also an early name crush, but I have no idea where I’d heard that name as an eight year old

2 Likes

Those names remind me of the show my little ponies :joy: Twilight would be a really cool name though!

3 Likes

Violet, Julia, Lila, Elise, Genevieve, Annie, and Lorelei had me spellbound as a child.

And I remember thinking James has a very handsome, serious sound to it, but beyond that, I wasn’t as wild about boy names. Ooh, except when the pastor would mention the name Luke, which always seemed so divinely powerful, as if it were a lightning bolt shooting straight up into the heavens. I also had a crush on a boy named Jason, so I liked that name for a while. I think I’ve always liked Jack, too. Probably because of Jack from The Magic Treehouse series :deciduous_tree:

2 Likes