Feedback on Baby Names - 2 Boys & 2 Girls...

I’ll find out in a few more weeks if I’m having a boy or a girl.
This will be my first and probably ONLY baby…
[name]Baby[/name] is due 5 days before my 30th birthday!
[name]Truly[/name] a miracle from God!!! :slight_smile:

So - Please let me know what you think:

Girls - [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Layne[/name]
or [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

Boys - [name]Baze[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
or [name]Jase[/name] [name]Braden[/name]

THANKS!

[name]Hi[/name], and congratulations!

GIRLS
[name]Delilah[/name] [name]Layne[/name] - This doesn’t flow well in my opinion. It is far too L-heavy with [name]DeliLah[/name] [name]Layne[/name]. Moving on…

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name] - I don’t particularly care for [name]Lila[/name] with an H on the end, but it works! It sounds sweet and charming.

Suggestion: [name]Delilah[/name] “[name]Lilah[/name]” [name]Belle[/name]

BOYS
[name]Baze[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - Is [name]Baze[/name] a nickname for something? A family name? It doesn’t sound like a complete name to me, honestly. And, it reminds me of craze, daze, or haze, all of which sort of sound like drug-related words. [name]Ah[/name]! Not so good…

[name]Jase[/name] [name]Braden[/name] - [name]Jase[/name] and [name]Braden[/name] both sound rather trendy to me, and I don’t see them aging well. Is [name]Jase[/name] a short form of [name]Jason[/name]? Yeah, if I had to pick one, I’d go with your first choice, but I’m not sold. Sorry!

Suggestion: [name]Chase[/name] [name]Michael[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Baze[/name] is the nickname for this guy on the TV show : Life Unexpected. It’s a new show on the CW which I adore.

It’s different & not common and not even listed yet on the baby name sites - but my sister thinks because of the show it’ll become a used name for this generation. Along with [name]Lux[/name] who is the female character in the show…

Thanks for the feedback though.
I don’t want to go with any of the traditional names.
None are family names…
But they are my top 4 favorites thus far…

I love [name]Savannah[/name] - but I met a girl the other day named [name]Savannah[/name]
who’s kinda tainted the name for me… She was really trashy, lol.
Then someone else said to me that it sounds like a stripper name.
I don’t necissarily agree with that though… I grew up in the 80’s and loved that movie [name]Savannah[/name] Smiles.

I also love [name]Annabelle[/name] - because of that [name]Christmas[/name] Movie [name]Annabelle[/name]'s Wish about the cow that wants to be a reighndeer. :slight_smile:

But I’m not sure…

I love [name]Delilah[/name] but don’t like the negative things associated with the name including the Bible story & 3 very negative songs… Not including the Hey There [name]Delilah[/name] song…

Of your choices, I definitely prefer [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Jase[/name] [name]Braden[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Delilah[/name] [name]Layne[/name]: I really love [name]Delilah[/name]. I just have a problem with the L mn. Too many L’s. I think [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is nice though.

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name]: I’m guessing you pronounce this as you would [name]Delilah[/name]'s lilah. I prefer leela pronunciation for the short form myself. [name]Lila[/name] [name]Belle[/name].

[name]Baze[/name] [name]Michael[/name]: [name]Love[/name]

I think you’ve got it for boys names.

[name]Jase[/name] [name]Braden[/name]: [name]Love[/name]

[name]Annabelle[/name] is so pretty and has several nicknames - [name]Anna[/name], [name]Annie[/name], [name]Bella[/name], and [name]Belle[/name]. So versatile.

[name]Baze[/name] and [name]Jase[/name] sounds so short and trendy to me. I don’t think that they would wear well. [name]Hope[/name] you don’t mind, but I will make a list of cool boys’ names that I think you might like:

[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Blue[/name]
[name]Bram[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Floyd[/name] - only if you dare! And only if you’re a true hipster, because otherwise people might snicker!
[name]Gage[/name]
[name]Jules[/name]
[name]Kai[/name]
[name]Lars[/name]
[name]Niall[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Trey[/name]
[name]Van[/name]
[name]Vance[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name] - I like this, but would go with [name]Lila[/name] [name]Belle[/name]. I also love your idea of [name]Annabelle[/name]. You could go with [name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name].

[name]Baze[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - how about [name]Braden[/name] [name]Michael[/name]?
[name]Jase[/name] [name]Braden[/name] - I suggest [name]Chase[/name] [name]Braden[/name].

[name]Delilah[/name] [name]Layne[/name] - I don’t love this. [name]Layne[/name] just doesn’t with the name [name]Delilah[/name] in my opinion. What about [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name] and call her [name]Lilah[/name] or [name]Lila[/name]?

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name] - Not bad, but when it’s just [name]Lilah[/name], I prefer [name]Lila[/name].

[name]Baze[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - I don’t quite get this one.
[name]Jase[/name] [name]Braden[/name] - Ok, my ds is [name]Jace[/name]. I do not like the “s” spelling. My ds’s full name is the Polish, [name]Jacek[/name], BUT I happily went with the family name because I could nickname him [name]Jace[/name]. I don’t love how [name]Jace[/name] [name]Braden[/name] rolls off the tongue, but I don’t hate it either.

What about [name]Jace[/name] [name]Michael[/name]?

AND [name]Jace[/name] wears fine… my ds is 14 and he loves his name. He’s very sporty and has a good, sarcastic and goofy sense of humor. It very much fits him. I like short, cool names.

I really like [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name]. I’m not sure which spelling I like best, I don’t know if I like one over the other.

We named our second daughter “Aila” (rhymes with [name]Lila[/name]) and, while searching for a nn for her, starting calling her “Aila-belle”. It has really stuck and we love it. We call her Aila-belle so much, our 2 year old thinks it’s her sister’s full name and sometimes I kind of wish we had used belle as a middle name.

I’m not sure how [name]Delilah[/name] can get on your favorites if you have that many reservations about it…

[name]Jase[/name] seems weird to me; I’ve only seen it spelled [name]Jace[/name], and I don’t like it in that form.

[name]Baze[/name] looks like baize.

More suggestions later…

Congratulations on your little miracle! :slight_smile:

I just can’t ever get on board with the name [name]Delilah[/name] – it will always be negative for me. The [name]Layne[/name] pairing is also pretty L-heavy.

I love [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name] though! Darling!

I definitely prefer [name]Baze[/name] [name]Michael[/name] over [name]Jase[/name] [name]Braden[/name]. [name]Both[/name] [name]Jase[/name] (or [name]Jace[/name]/[name]Jayce[/name] as I’ve more often seen it) and [name]Braden[/name] are extremely popular; more so than their rankings would indicate due to the fact that they both have the same “ay” sound that is a part of the mega-trendy [name]Aidan[/name] boom.

I think [name]Baze[/name] is interesting and unique, and I like it paired with the traditional [name]Michael[/name].

Good luck to you!

P.S. I have to agree with a pp that [name]Jase[/name] wouldn’t wear well. To a teenager, sure! It’s hip and cool.
But to an adult? A laywer/doctor/teacher/senator? [name]How[/name] about when he’s even older? A grandpa?

If you are set on this name, I would recommend having something longer to fall back on (like [name]Jason[/name], [name]Jacek[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], or even a first and middle name paring that made the initials J. C. like [name]Jarod[/name] [name]Chase[/name], [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Charles[/name], [name]Justin[/name] [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Javier[/name] [name]Calvin[/name], etc.)

[name]Jace[/name] is a FINE adult name, seriously. My [name]Jace[/name] never goes by his full name [name]EVER[/name]. It’s not all the far off from [name]Jay[/name] or [name]Jason[/name]… trying not to take the comments personally, but it’s hard… sorry :wink: lmao.

And [name]Jace[/name] is only at 180 on the popularity chart last year… not too trendy or popular.

[name]Delilah[/name] [name]Layne[/name] - I love [name]Delilah[/name], but the L sounds run together with [name]Layne[/name] too much for me. I also prefer it spelled [name]Lane[/name].
[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name] - Very pretty! [name]Love[/name] this or [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name].

[name]Baze[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - I love the show Life Unexpected, too! And it has made me love the name [name]Baze[/name] as well. The character’s name is [name]Nathan[/name] [name]Basil[/name], though. What about using [name]Basil[/name] instead of just [name]Baze[/name]? I prefer that.
[name]Jase[/name] [name]Braden[/name] - I don’t think there would be a problem with [name]Jase[/name] not wearing well. I think it would blend in with all the Jasons and Jadens, though. I prefer [name]Baze[/name] ([name]Basil[/name])

Only useful idea I got was [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Rayne[/name]. It’s hard to come up with anything similar to [name]Baze[/name] [name]Michael[/name] or [name]Jase[/name] [name]Braden[/name] that isn’t ultra-trendy.

Oh! I thought you might like [name]Blaise[/name]. It is pronounced just like blaze, which sounds very much like [name]Baze[/name]. It’s an ancient saint name, so it’s got history! I really like [name]Blaise[/name] [name]Michael[/name].

Your [name]Jace[/name] has a different formal name, right? [name]Jacek[/name], you said? Sorry if I misspelled it! As a nickname, I think it works, but as a full name, I’m not sold. That’s what I think people are saying.

Sorry if you find these comments hurtful!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Let’s remember a rule we have on Nameberry that once a baby is born and named, we love their name. That’s what families do, at least that is what they hopefully do. Let’s be like a kind and lovely family on our Nameberry website.
I prefer the name [name]Jace[/name] over [name]Jase[/name] because the pronunciation is more obvious. I figure that [name]Jace[/name] rhymes with ace whereas I wonder whether [name]Jase[/name] rhymes with case or raise. [name]Jace[/name] is a jaunty, fun name. It is not my cup of tea because I love classic names like [name]Peter[/name], but I can see why many people would like it!
When you really, really love your own child’s name, it doesn’t matter what anyone else says about it. You just know it’s the most incredible name ever. If everyone said they hated my kids’ names, I just wouldn’t believe that they had good taste, that’s all! It is disappointing when people say they don’t like my name. I feel a bit chagrined.

I like [name]Delilah[/name] or [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name]. (I think [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Layne[/name] is too L heavy.)

I like [name]Jace[/name] or [name]Jase[/name] from you boys name list. It does seem a bit like a nickname to me but I still like it.
I’m not really a fan of [name]Baze[/name].
Congratulations on your baby :slight_smile:

Agreed, [name]Susan[/name]. :slight_smile:

I would never question a name once it’s on a baby. I, like the other posters, was just giving my personal opinion and feedback on name options that the original poster asked for.

No offense is ever meant for other people who already have children with the names up for debate!