Felix as a girls' name?

I think that [name]Felix[/name] would work as a girls’ name but I’d like to know what other people think.

That is ridiculous

I am not a big fan of the idea, but maybe it could work. [name]How[/name] about [name]Felice[/name] instead? That is officially a girl’s name.

I personally can’t see [name]Felix[/name] on a baby girl (I guess I view it like naming a little girl something like [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Peter[/name], or [name]Simon[/name]), but I do think it’s a great name for a boy.

If you’re not set on [name]Felix[/name] for a girl, you may also like [name]Felicity[/name].

Take care!

I don’t see a feminine thing about it.

I agree. [name]How[/name] in the world could the name [name]Felix[/name], used by males for over two thousand years, sound remotely like it could be a girl’s name??

Maybe it’s a boy-named-[name]Sue[/name] kind of thing…?

Either way, [name]Felice[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], or [name]Felicia[/name] could all be nice substitutes. Nameberry even has a name [name]Felixia[/name]. Or maybe other unisex names that feel slightly masculine without crossing too far over the gender line?

My honest opinion is that felix is meant for boys. felix just sounds too much like a boys name.

I agree. [name]How[/name] in the world could the name [name]Felix[/name], used by males for over two thousand years, sound remotely like it could be a girl’s name??[/quote]
DITTO!

Yeah, guys, I don’t like it, but don’t get too jumpy about the cross-over thing. Tell that all to [name]Laurie[/name] and [name]Paris[/name] and [name]Hilary[/name]. Names do cross over, even very well established ones.

I’m sorry, but that is a very disturbing concept. Makes me feel like wailing.

Nooooooo…please no. It’s high on my list for son #2. [name]Son[/name] #1 already has a name that some people are starting to use for girls (even though it’s been a dude name forever). I mean I guess they’d be in the same boat in a way, if they both have “crossover” names :wink:

I do love [name]Felicity[/name] though!

Well, isn’t that nice.

Agreed.

What about felicity instead?

I agree with liveaparis. It wasn’t very nice.

I like it. [name]Plenty[/name] of names cross the specified gender lines. Someone has to be brave enough to be the first one to do it.

If you like it, go with it. [name]Just[/name] be prepared for others to give you gripes. And I would pair it with a feminine middle name just in case.

NO!
Like others have said, don’t do it. [name]Felix[/name] sounds very masculine to me, and there are a lot of similar names already used for girls you could use:
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Felice[/name]
[name]Felicia[/name]
[name]Felixia[/name]
[name]Felixa[/name] (I’m actually rather charmed by this one!)
[name]Feliz[/name]
[name]Feliza[/name]
[name]Flavia[/name]
[name]Fairfax[/name]
[name]Fairuza[/name]
[name]Fallon[/name]
[name]Fantine[/name]
[name]Fiammetta[/name]
[name]Fianna[/name]
[name]Fidelity[/name]
[name]Fife[/name]
[name]Firth[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Freesia[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]/[name]Francesca[/name] (nn [name]Frankie[/name]!!)

[name]Jacqueline[/name] nn [name]Jackie[/name] or [name]Jack[/name] :slight_smile:

Please, no!
Firstly I don’t see anything feminine about it. Although it is a great name. It’s so great that I named my son [name]Felix[/name]!
MAYBE you could use it as a nickname for [name]Felicity[/name] or [name]Felicia[/name]?

My little girl’s name is [name]Felix[/name], and I [name]LOVE[/name] it.

I [name]LOVE[/name] it. I’m thinking about it myself. (By now though, you’ll well and truly have made your choice!)