Friends names?

What are the names of your friends, and which names stand out to you? [name]Do[/name] they fit their personalities, or did their parents maybe pick the wrong choice?
My friends are:
[name]Kaitlyn[/name]- Not sure if it quite fits her tomboy side, but I like the name well enough. [name]Just[/name] wish there was one foolproof spelling of it…
[name]Callie[/name] ([name]Callista[/name])- She’s always [name]Callie[/name], and I think it’s cute. She’s down to earth and friendly, so it fits. :slight_smile:
[name]Sam[/name] ([name]Samantha[/name])- Fits her to a tee. I’m not really sure how to describe it… She’s beautiful, yet has a sassy side.
[name]Kayleen[/name]- [name]Fancy[/name] name, and she’s a pretty fancy person, so I’d say it works. :slight_smile:
[name]Emmalee[/name]- I don’t care what other Berries say about made-up/smoosh/variant names, but I [name]LOVE[/name] this. It’s just so cute and sweet. I like it much better than just [name]Emily[/name]. Come to think of it, the name is offbeat, just as she is!
[name]Julia[/name]- [name]One[/name] of my favorite names- timeless, beautiful. We commonly call her [name]Jewel[/name], because that’s what we see her as. She’s a wonderful person.

So what’s your take on your friends’ names?

I’m probably giving away my age here but…

Let’s see there’s: [name]Melissa[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Karl[/name], [name]Nicole[/name], [name]Terry[/name], [name]Terri[/name], [name]Linda[/name], [name]Kallan[/name], [name]Angie[/name], Epona, [name]Nanda[/name], [name]Johann[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Diana[/name], [name]Rex[/name], [name]Sean[/name], [name]Bambi[/name], [name]CeCe[/name], [name]Loralee[/name], [name]Gary[/name], [name]Syed[/name], [name]Bobby[/name], [name]Debbie[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Temperance[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Heather[/name], [name]Megan[/name], [name]Eliana[/name], [name]Pamela[/name], [name]Tammy[/name]etc.

Yes, I think all their names suit them. A good mix of old fashioned standards with some unusual names in there. Names that stand out are the more uncommon ones of course like Nanda, Epona, Kallan, Rex, Loralee, Syed, and Temperance.

First of all, there is. The only true spelling is [name]Caitlin[/name]. The rest are all invented.

Regarding your question, my best friends are: [name]Katie[/name], [name]Jamie[/name] (boy), [name]Morganna[/name], Josci, [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Angel[/name].

The last four are all nicknames based on their real names (Angel=Angela etc) but I’ve never known them as anything else so calling them by their real names would be really weird.

3 of my favorite ladies in the world are [name]Stephanie[/name], [name]Amber[/name] and [name]Kelly[/name] but I never considered using any of their names. Above and beyond not being my style, these names all feel so tied to the trends of when they were born. Another good friend is [name]Nadine[/name], whose name stands apart from the others for not being trendy and therefore not being obvious when she was born.

[name]Lindsey[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Karla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] (she doesn’t really have a double-barreled name, but for a while she was incorporating her middle name with her first)
[name]Michelle[/name] nn Meesh
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (this one, I believe, is double-barreled, though)

[name]Lee[/name]
[name]Kevin[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Noel[/name]
[name]Chris[/name]

Overall, I think all my friends have fitting names, except maybe [name]Mary[/name] [name]Kate[/name] or [name]Henry[/name]. The former seems more, um… spicy than a [name]Mary[/name] [name]Kate[/name], but that’s just me. [name]Henry[/name] is a bit more wild than what I imagine the typical [name]Henry[/name] to be.

My best friends are [name]Jaclyn[/name] “[name]Jackie[/name]”, [name]Margaret[/name] “[name]Maggie[/name]” and [name]Kaylen[/name]. Other friends of mine are [name]Justine[/name], [name]Shannon[/name], [name]Amber[/name], [name]Jessica[/name] and [name]Savannah[/name]. Some of my male friends are [name]Brent[/name], [name]Glenn[/name], [name]Michael[/name] “[name]Mike[/name]”, [name]Andrew[/name] “[name]Drew[/name]”, [name]Aaron[/name] (three of them!), [name]Adam[/name], and [name]Tony[/name].

I’ll just list the ones that are interesting instead of boring everyone with friends named [name]Sara[/name] or [name]Jen[/name] :stuck_out_tongue:
[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Sky[/name]- i think it’s pretty obvious her family’s into nature, but she is a more reserved person and i feel like she should have a more normal nn ([name]Per[/name] or P give people odd impressions sometimes, and she doesn’t go by [name]Sky[/name], but the fam sometimes calls her Grinny)

[name]Aquinnah[/name] [name]Sage[/name]- fits her perfectly, lil sis to [name]Peregrine[/name]! we call her Quinny :slight_smile:

[name]Gerard[/name] Aloyisius- a family name, a bit outdated for a puny little boy, but couldn’t see him with anything else than his ironically prestigious name!

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Palmira[/name]- completely fits her, called [name]Lizzie[/name] (but i’ve been trying to nn her [name]Ella[/name] [name]Beth[/name]) she’s young and sometimes names her dolls [name]Palmira[/name] (she has real name nerd potential!)

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]- a complete romantic name, her last name also fits the romance. she’s not a girly girl, i’d see her as more of a [name]Maddie[/name] or a [name]Julie[/name], but i love [name]Juliet[/name]!

[name]Christiaan[/name] (girl) - Suits her well! She’s creative, fun to talk to and an all around great person. The name reminds me of that just fine.
[name]Rachel[/name] x2 - I don’t think the name suits either one very well.
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (nn [name]Abby[/name]) - [name]Abby[/name] suits her to a T, but [name]Abigail[/name] is too fancy and traditional. She’s a very modern person.
[name]Cateline[/name] - I think the name suits her well, she’s very Girly, honest and a bit up tight.

[name]Brittany[/name]- doesn’t suit her at all, I think she should have a more unusual name or even an [name]Asian[/name] named based on her interests. She’s just not a typical cheerleader/popular [name]Brittany[/name] type.

[name]Sami[/name]@- suits her well enough, she’s the only one I know. We often call her [name]Sam[/name].

[name]Jeremy[/name]- he does definitely seem a [name]Jeremy[/name], because to me that’s a quirky, semi geeky kind of name

[name]Stephen[/name]- suits him well enough. classic name with a casual every man kind of nickname, mature and serious in full

[name]Elizabeth[/name]- doesn’t seem to suit her at all. She’s more of a casual [name]Liz[/name] or even [name]Liza[/name] than a buttoned up or serious [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Erin[/name]- suits her well enough, she’s freckled and natural in appearance

[name]Kristen[/name]- she’s very much a [name]Kristen[/name]

My friends names do suit them all except one which is [name]Jessica[/name]. I really think she is more of a [name]Riley[/name].

[name]Scarlett[/name] - She’s very head strong and frilly at 20 years old. She loves to shop! Her mother was a Gone with the Winds fan and she has a brother [name]Rhett[/name]!
[name]Ronna[/name] - Named after her Dad [name]Ron[/name]. She is very business like and somewhat old fashioned.
[name]Marilee[/name] - She is always laughing and cracking jokes.
[name]Ingrid[/name] - Always finding the down side of things. She is very nice but kind of stuffy.
[name]Jennifer[/name] - She’s my best friend. She home schools her children and is very crafty.
[name]Kate[/name] - She acts refined in public but can be silly with our friends.

[name]Victoria[/name]-[name]Kinda[/name] a wild child and I expect Victorias to be more elegant i guess (: She seems like more of a [name]Summer[/name] or [name]Haley[/name].
[name]Holly[/name]-Suits her pretty well, [name]Holly[/name] sounds so winter-y to me and my freind [name]Holly[/name] has dark hair and eyes so i guess it fits.
Livi([name]Olivia[/name])-I think this name is kinda whsmy and so is Livi so it works (:
[name]Anna[/name](prn. [name]Ah[/name]-nuh)-I think suts her pretty well but again, it sounds elegant and she is crayyyzeee.
Thats all the somewhat “out there” names of the freinds I have who arent Emilys,Madisons,Torys or Carolines (:

[name]Jill[/name]
[name]Lindsey[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]

Anhd I guess all of their names fit them. I’ve never known them as anything else, so their names are associated with their traits.

Some of my friends suite their names and some don’t ([name]IMO[/name])

[name]Mallory[/name] - Suites her. She can sometimes be opinionated and selfish but she’s been one of my best friends forever.
[name]Christi[/name] - Suites her. She never talks about others in a bad way and looks at the glass half full.
[name]Jennie[/name] - Suites her. Very fashion concious and always on the go. She makes sure her kids always look stylish.
[name]Michelle[/name] - Not suitable. I picture a [name]Michelle[/name] as loud and very opinionated. Taking control all the time. My friend is very shy and quiet.
[name]Karla[/name] - Not suitable. [name]Karla[/name] 's are usually [name]Tom[/name] - boyish and clumbsy. My friend is very frilly and her make-up has to be perfect. She’s a mirror mirror stop and pose kind of girl.

I forgot a couple more of my friends who really suite their names.

[name]Brittney[/name] - She is a Cosmotologist who is really friendly and outspoken.
[name]Maria[/name] - She is taking acting lessons and loves to sing.
[name]Heather[/name] - Such a cute and talented girl but always puts herself down.
[name]Brie[/name] - Kooky and quirky, always thinking up crazy ways to make us laugh.

[name]Wilma[/name] ([name]Will[/name]) - she is playful and funny. She want to changed her name to [name]Willow[/name].
[name]Belinda[/name] - she is shy and daydreaming. I think her name suites her.
[name]Prudence[/name] ([name]Pru[/name]) - she is a bit hippy, but cool.

I’ll just list my most uniquely-named friend: Deleigh. Pronounced like the fleur de lis. And she’s the awesomest. That name has served her well, for sure.

My friends all have pretty ordinary names (i.e. [name]Stephanie[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name], [name]Megan[/name]), but I think my favorite is [name]Anita[/name], who we all refer to as “[name]Anita[/name], DAH-ling” like Cruella DeVil in 101 Dalmatians. It suits her very well.

I have too many friends. But here we go.

GIRLS
[name]Anna[/name] - She’s a total drama queen and likes sparkly, brightly-colored things.
[name]Kate[/name] - She’s really straight-forward and up-front with things and isn’t afraid of hurting people’s feelings.
[name]Jessica[/name] - [name]Charlie[/name]'s girlfriend. She’s really nice and loud, but she won’t talk to you if she doesn’t know you.
[name]Nicole[/name] - Really quiet, but I think that might just be because she doesn’t like me very much, hah. She seems nice though.
Olivie nn [name]Livvy[/name] - Really nice, loud, and supportive.

BOYS
[name]Justin[/name] - My boyfriend. He’s a total goof, but he’s really funny and really sweet.
JD - It’s a nickname for [name]Joshua[/name], and JD’s an even bigger goof than [name]Justin[/name]. He’s really weird. In a good way, ahaha.
[name]Garett[/name] - [name]Anna[/name]'s boyfriend. I don’t know him very well, but he seems nice.
[name]Zachary[/name] nn [name]Zach[/name] - He’s super buff, but he’s kind of a downer sometimes and he’s got serious anger management problems.
[name]Jordan[/name] - He’s sort of quiet, but he’s really nice and funny.
[name]Austen[/name] - A weird one, but he’s really nice to everybody. It doesn’t matter who you are.
[name]Tyler[/name] - Big, hard-working. Quiet but strong.
[name]Bradin[/name] - Negative in all ways, sort of angry all the time, but he cares a lot about people.
[name]Charlie[/name] - [name]Jessica[/name]'s boyfriend. He’s sarcastic, but he’s funny and nice.
[name]Cole[/name] - Sort of like the pet of our whole group. He’s the one everyone picks on, but he’s like a puppy. You just love him.

Of my closest friends, I think only [name]Kerry[/name] suits her name - the most outgoing, cheerful and energetic person I’ve ever met!
The others have plain, older-generation names that don’t give a hint of their real ages or bubbly characters: [name]Helen[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Janet[/name], [name]Janine[/name].
And the most alternative (vegan, greenie, leftie… i.e. like me) is called Michelle: a very normal and also - sorry all Michelles out there - very ugly name, IMO.

Odd thing is, I’m convinced my name suits me perfectly :wink:

[name]Just[/name] some are [name]Emma[/name], [name]Stephanie[/name], [name]Shannon[/name], [name]Alexandra[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Katy[/name], [name]Laura[/name], [name]Tiffany[/name], [name]Niamh[/name], [name]Rhiannon[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Ashling[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Natasha[/name], [name]Amy[/name], [name]Rebecca[/name], [name]Holly[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Louise[/name], [name]Olivia[/name].