Genevieve or Evangeline?

Nickname: [name_f]Eva[/name_f]
Siblings: [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. But theres a small problem that’s been annoying me since I wrote out my favourites - [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] both start with E, meaning they’ll have the same initials and everything. In addition to that, it doesn’t look as nice as a sibset with different starting letters except these two. It’s not a big deal, but it’s annoying me.

Someone suggested [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. I don’t love it as much as [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], but I still like it - and it’s growing on me more and more everyday . And it can still result in the nickname [name_f]Eva[/name_f].

Anyway, which do you like more?

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] definitely! It’s way more beautiful and I really don’t think same initials matter at all! Plus one will be Miss, the other Mr.

I personally prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are gorgeous however!

I prefer [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]! I do not thnk it’s an issue that 2 siblings will have the same initials… [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] sounds great with your other children’s names [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. And [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is an obvious nickname wich also sounds gorgeous with your other kids.

[name_m]Both[/name_m] are beautiful, but another thing is that [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] sounds more similar to [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] (-eline vs -alie). [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] sounds more distinct.

However I prefer [name_f]Eva[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] for [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. I guess I like having all the letters there.

I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. With your kids and on it’s own.
I think it’s prettier and more versatile.

I like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], but both are lovely!

I would use [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. It’s a gorgeous name; and if you want to call her [name_f]Eva[/name_f], it just makes more sense as a nickname for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. I don’t think it matters that two siblings will share a first letter. [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] are a stunning sibset. Besides–you like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] more!

I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], for all the reasons you mentioned above. I think it would bug me as well. But if you’re in love with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], don’t settle. Maybe there is another name you’ll love as much with more searching? If not, just stick to it. It is a beautiful name. :slight_smile:

Honestly, I would say if [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is going to be the nickname, her name might as well be considered an E name. You should just go with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] if it’s what you prefer. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are gorgeous though. You can’t go wrong.

These two names are both gorgeous to me! Obviously, [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is a more obvious nickname for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], but I think either name completes the sibset well. (I know how you feel about having the multiple initial thing, but sometimes, you just gotta go with the names you love the most!)

I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], but you clearly prefer [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]! You can definitely have [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] & [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], their names aren’t matchy at all and I don’t think the same initials are a big deal. I also don’t like [name_f]Eva[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], since there’s no A in [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. Maybe if her name was [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or something, but otherwise I find it strange. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is lovely.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] sounds like the name of an angel. [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is my favorite of the two. I also like [name_f]Guenevere[/name_f], which is similar.

I love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and am still sad I can’t use it. I am not a fan of [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (or any [name_f]Gen[/name_f]/[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] names) but that’s a personal sound issue. I think both sound good with your sibset.

[name_m]Both[/name_m] are very beautiful, but I slightly prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. I like its connections to the old [name_m]French[/name_m] musical film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg.

I love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]! [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] s pretty but I’m not crazy about it.

Thanks everyone! Would anyone else like to weigh in?

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is my favourite, but agree with above if you are set on the nickname [name_f]Eva[/name_f]. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is very pretty I just love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] more.

I’m not a fan of matching initials either but one has the long E sound and one has a short e sound so I think they are different enough. I say [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] ties in with the other names beautifully. And I think [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is a much nicer nn for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] than [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]… But then I am bias as it is the name we have chosen for our unborn daughter :slight_smile: Though we are going with [name_f]Evie[/name_f] as a nn… Personally either name would go well with your other names, but I think picking the name you love most is more important than matching initials or anything else. You don’t want to regret going with a name you don’t absolutely love :slight_smile: