Girls from "Toddlers & Tiaras" - WOW

[name]Hi[/name] Berries,

I caught this show on accident today and couldn’t resist blogging to you all about all the made-up names, and “yooneek” spellings.

Does anyone find a corralation of the names and baby pageantry itself?

There were very few “common” names such as [name]Emily[/name] which I left off. This list represents the majority…

[name]BreAnne[/name]
[name]AshLynn[/name]
Cavin
Makynli
Tootie
[name]Elexis[/name]
[name]Morghan[/name]
[name]Rylee[/name]
Sparkal
Kragen
[name]Halia[/name]
[name]Marleigh[/name]
[name]Kayleigh[/name]
[name]Brionna[/name]
Kaleigha
[name]Maverick[/name]
Taralyn
Kiannah
[name]Essence[/name]
[name]Karlee[/name]
[name]Story[/name]
[name]Jadyn[/name] x2
[name]Meaghan[/name]
[name]Aja[/name]
[name]Bayleigh[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Paris[/name]

Interesting!

The names seem to try hard to stand out, to be different, to be noticed and yuneek. Maybe the same goals pageant parents have for their kids, and so introduce them to pageants?

Only one word came to mind: Yikes.

Those poor kids. If their names wouldn’t have caused them enough trouble, the pageantry sure will!

I am almost crying.

Wait, one moment … [name]Essence[/name]? Oh dear … like Vanilla and [name]Velvet[/name], that one screams ‘hooker’. The poor little girl - fingers crossed she has a normal middle name to change it to later on.

wow, some of those are bad! But I do love [name]Maverick[/name], is that so wrong? :slight_smile:

Makynli: Okay…I’m crying a bit inside now, and need to find my happy place.

Tootie: Hey, I loved The Facts of Life, too, but think that [name]Blair[/name], [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Jo[/name], or even Mrs. [name]Garrett[/name], would have been better choices than Tootie. On the bright side, at least “toot” isn’t a term for “passing gas,” so she won’t have to worry about teasing. Uh…:slight_smile:

[name]Morghan[/name]: Because, you know, the h makes it totally speshull.

Sparkal: Whoa…Let’s hope she’s not asked to spell “sparkle” on a spelling test. I think this is really unfair to do to a child…

Kragen: This one made my left eye twitch, and now I’m sweating…

[name]Halia[/name]: The name to choose if you can’t decide between [name]Holly[/name], [name]Hallie[/name], [name]Hailey[/name], or [name]Leah[/name]. ([name]Edit[/name]: I found out that [name]Halia[/name] is a Hawaiian name, so my apologies. It was mixed in with the yooneek names, so I just assumed it was part of the family.)

Kaleigha: Seriously? Please tell me you’re kidding! (Really. [name]Even[/name] if you’re not kidding, please tell me you are.)

I wrote a Nameberry blog on this topic recently, and thought you may find it (or the comments) interesting: https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/12/14/yooneek-names-do-kre8iv-spellings-make-names-more-special/#respond

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the laugh, [name]Jill[/name], even while you’re crying!
(when I read your comment that even Mrs. [name]Garrett[/name] would have been a better choice than Tootie, I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes).

[name]Ouch[/name]! That hurts my eyes!!

Although I happen to like a couple of them, [name]Maverick[/name], [name]Paris[/name] and [name]Sterling[/name] are fine, but for BOYS! [name]Sterling[/name] in particular!!
[name]Essence[/name] and [name]Story[/name] are also nice, although [name]Essence[/name] is one of the most pretentious virtue names in existence!
I like the idea of [name]Essence[/name] just not the putting it on a birth certificate part of it… Although [name]Quintessence[/name] would have been even more pretentious and tryndee, with the [name]Quin[/name] nickname and all, so she may even count herself lucky? Maybe??

I don’t think we have anything like this in Norway actually! ^^
feels proud of being a Norwegian for once
Although there was a SERIOUSLY creepy film about it made a while back, called ‘[name]Little[/name] Miss Norway’… It gives me the creeps just thinking about it, it was absolutely horrid!!!

[name]Jill[/name]: I love the name [name]Halia[/name]. It is a Hawaiian name meaning “remembrance of a loved one,” and I think it’s beautiful. I liked your blog very much, though. (Please tell me you were exaggerating with Mykailah?)

Wanderlark: I think you’re absolutely right. They probably chose those names just so the kids could stand out to pageant judges too. :frowning: But then there were some more “normal” names, like [name]Emily[/name], that she left off (not that [name]Emily[/name] is much better).

Twinkle: Unfortunately, I read about that little [name]Essence[/name] in a magazine today–they were doing an interview with her mother. They mentioned Toddlers & Tiaras, so I know it’s the same girl (not that there are many little girls named [name]Essence[/name], thank god). Her middle name, sadly, is [name]John[/name]. She has a little brother named Jalenn, obviously a la the [name]Jayden[/name]/[name]Kaelyn[/name] trend. :frowning:

[name]Amaryllis[/name]: I totally agree. Those poor kids!

The other names…child pageantry in general…well…I’ll spare you my comments.

Thanks for the laugh, [name]Jill[/name], even while you’re crying!
(when I read your comment that even Mrs. [name]Garrett[/name] would have been a better choice than Tootie, I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes).[/quote]

LOL…You’re welcome, JLM! :slight_smile: Tootie has nothing on Mrs. [name]Garrett[/name]!

Take care! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! I’m glad you liked the blog. As for Mykailah, that was sadly the actual spelling. (I wrote it down, thinking I could possibly use it in a future blog. It was the most “interesting” spelling I’d seen since Khrystyne.) :slight_smile:

Take care! (I love your name, by the way!)

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! I’m glad you liked the blog. As for Mykailah, that was sadly the actual spelling. (I wrote it down, thinking I could possibly use it in a future blog. It was the most “interesting” spelling I’d seen since Khrystyne.) :slight_smile:

Take care! (I love your name, by the way!)[/quote]

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! Wow, Khrystyne…makes me shudder. I think you have a lovely name, as well. :slight_smile: I hope you blog for [name]Pam[/name] & [name]Linda[/name] again!

[name]EDIT[/name]: I just read your comments on the other names. I feel so guilty laughing…ah, poor little Tootie…

Take care! (I love your name, by the way!)[/quote]

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! Wow, Khrystyne…makes me shudder. I think you have a lovely name, as well. :slight_smile: I hope you blog for [name]Pam[/name] & [name]Linda[/name] again!

[name]EDIT[/name]: I just read your comments on the other names. I feel so guilty laughing…ah, poor little Tootie…[/quote]

Thanks, [name]Rose[/name]. By the way, thanks for letting me know about [name]Halia[/name]! :slight_smile:

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. I’m not Hawaiian, but I’ve loved [name]Halia[/name] ever since I found it in one of my first baby name books.

Take care, [name]Jill[/name]! :slight_smile:

The only reason I watched that show was for the names… Which were horrid. There was also a little girl named [name]Meadow[/name], and one named [name]Rylan[/name] (which wasn’t as bad as the others).
Also, I think it should be added that Sparkal’s last name was Queenz, and her mom’s name was Harmone”.
Also, [name]BreAnne[/name] and [name]AshLynn[/name]'s little sister’s name was [name]BriLeigh[/name].
All those poor girls - horrible names, and their mothers are ruining their lives.

It’s just a nickname, her real name was [name]Madison[/name] - thank goodness she has a somewhat normal name.

Sparkal Queenz … the new, Trashy Trotter release from the My [name]Little[/name] Pony corporation :slight_smile:

Oh dear … [name]Essence[/name] [name]John[/name]! I shall rename her … [name]Sari[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Sari[/name] is Indonesian for essence. Or perhaps she can be [name]Esther[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name], or even Esi [name]Jacqueline[/name]. I feel much better now!

actually halia is a hawaiian name meaning sudden remembrance, but the rest of those are definately made up

Tootie’s real name was [name]Madison[/name]. Tootie was her “alter ego”. Sparkel is horrible.

I kept my expectations low with the thought of pageants, but Kragen?! That’s a national chain, isn’t it (Kragen Auto Parts)? Maybe she’s cosmically doomed to model for hot rod mags.

Edited to add: I would definitely rather be [name]Diamond[/name] than Sparkal! “Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!” Anybody else remember that one from [name]Donnie[/name] [name]Darko[/name]? lol