Glitches

@katinka I’ve been getting full page ads that either cover comments or make the page unusable so I have to refresh for a few days now. It wasn’t that big of a deal until today, where it’s happening on every single thread I click on.
Theres more than one ad, but here’s a url to one thats been especially bothersome today:

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll pass this on.

1 Like

thanks so much!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry, I’m not quite sure what mean?
The ads kind of overlap with buttons and all the information gets piled on top of each other.

URL of the site that opens when you click the ad

1 Like

Oh, right. No, I don’t, sorry. I didn’t open the add.

Sorry @_thelittlefairywren I should have been more clear! To block an ad we need to know the web address that it comes from/leads to. Please let me know if it pops up again.

1 Like

Editing is having a bit of trouble. I went through and made an edit, which showed up on the entry. I left the thread to look at other ones and later went back to the thread I made the edit on. The entire edit disappeared and the only thing remaining was the original post.

1 Like

Thanks Shelly. I’ve heard similar from a few people and will pass it on. Let me edit this in a few mins to see if I experience it too…

Test edit!

1 Like

I don’t know if this is is a glitch but profiles are taking so long to load!

Let me test another edit without waiting so long…

Test edit

2 Likes

Currently having this one

Used to have these but not anymore since the site was fixed

Forum search isn’t working for me at the moment, I’m getting this error:

:frowning:
Server Error
while trying to load /search
Error code: 502 error

My account area also isn’t working, just indefinitely loading.

2 Likes

I think the search issue may have been due to especially high traffic yesterday; I’ve just tried it now and it worked as normal. Please keep me posted on that.

The account issue should be fixable by clearing cookies + cache. I’ve had this issue a few times myself and we’re trying to come up with a fix. Are you using Chrome?

1 Like

Ahh, that makes sense. The search seems to be working fine again today, thanks [name_f]Emma[/name_f].

Yes, when I’m on my laptop I am using Chrome so I’ll give the cache clear a whirl. Cheers!

1 Like

Let me know how you get on :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just tried to do an advanced search on the main page, and, instead of bringing up related names, it gives me the entire index of names from A-Z.

4 Likes

Same problem as @shells15 here! It disregards whatever keyword you enter for “meaning” and outputs the entire database instead.

3 Likes

Thanks @shells15 and @Vulpix, I’ll look into it!

2 Likes

the main page is pretty … squished at the moment, which is making it hard to reach the advanced search and search bar for me :confused:

3 Likes