Hanna or Willa?

My husband and I are due on the 30th and need help deciding which name is best for our little girl.
Here are our choices:

[name]Hanna[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Summer[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Summer[/name]

[name]Ruth[/name] is a family name and cannot be changed. Thank you for your help!

[name]Both[/name] are lovely, but my vote would be for [name]Willa[/name].

I like how both sound with the middle and last name, but I prefer [name]Willa[/name] :slight_smile:

My vote would be for [name]Hanna[/name], but [name]Willa[/name] is cute. I’m just not sure how it ages.

Let me put it this way: I know ten Hannahs and seven Annas. When I was in college, I once had three Hannahs and two Annas in one class. [name]Do[/name] you want your daughter to be one of a dozen sound-alike clones? If not, I’d go for the strong, elegant, and timelessly beautiful [name]Willa[/name].

I really love both! [name]Hannah[/name] (this spelling) is on my short list, but [name]Willa[/name] is a huge favorite of mine, as well. Spelled as they are, I prefer [name]Willa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], but if [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] was an option, I think I would vote for that.

Good luck!

[name]Both[/name] are nice but my vote goes out to [name]Hanna[/name].

Thanks for all the replies! My husband and I are reading them intently. Keep them coming!

I love both of these and would usually lean towards [name]Hanna[/name] - it’s a long time favourite of mine!
BUT, with your surname, I prefer [name]Willa[/name].
Good luck!

I personally like [name]Hanna[/name] better, but there is something to be said for the unusualness of [name]Willa[/name].

I like both but I def love [name]Willa[/name] more! [name]Willa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] is sweet!

I love [name]Willa[/name]! It’s definitely my favourite…so lovely and uncommon.

[name]Hanna[/name] is very nice too…though I prefer the [name]Hannah[/name] spelling - because, how much fun would it be to have a name that’s the same backwards and forwards?!

I prefer [name]Willa[/name], but you can’t go wrong with either name. As far as the concern of how well it ages: I know two girls my age (18) named [name]Willa[/name] and they both wear it well. [name]Ruth[/name] is a gorgeous name too and goes well with both names! Good luck!

[name]Willa[/name], for the same reasons as [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Lee[/name].

[name]Augusta[/name] makes a good point. Something to think about if you want a less common name. I also prefer [name]Hannah[/name] (with the 2nd ‘h’). No ‘h’ at the end looks like it’s missing something to me.

Despite that, I still really like [name]Hannah[/name]. My vote is [name]Willa[/name], though. :slight_smile:

I way prefer [name]Willa[/name]. It’s unusual and gorgeous, and sounds fantastic with [name]Summer[/name].

[name]Hanna[/name]/h is a bit overused at this point, [name]IMO[/name].

Thanks again for all the replies. We definitely appreciate it. I’m leaning towards [name]Willa[/name] at this point.

I think both are very pretty, but I much prefer the sound of [name]Willa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] over [name]Hanna[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], so my vote goes to [name]Willa[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Both[/name] names are beautiful imo. [name]Hannah[/name] is classic and timeless. I have an aunt whose middle name is [name]Hannah[/name], and a friend who has a 2 year old [name]Hannah[/name]. The meaning of [name]Hanna[/name] is beautiful too.

[name]Willa[/name] is much more unique and pretty but is also approachable given its similarity to [name]William[/name] and [name]Willow[/name].

I would choose [name]Willa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] for its uniqueness. :slight_smile:

I’m for [name]Willa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]. [name]Both[/name] [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Hanna[/name] are beautiful but I personally think that in the long run [name]Willa[/name] is a better choice. [name]Willa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] sounds fresh and is more intriguing as a combo than [name]Hanna[/name] [name]Ruth[/name].