Having second thoughts...about everything

Hello Nameberries,

I’ve been having second thoughts about our name choices lately. Not the boys names, just the girls.

I still love [name]Beatrice[/name], but [name]Lillian[/name] seems like we’d be creating a theme we couldn’t get out of later.

And then there’s the whole other matter of our other girls name. We’ve chosen [name]Eleanor[/name], but the mn is really eluding us.

[name]Dan[/name] is even starting to second guess [name]Imogen[/name]'s middle name, saying that it makes me feel obligated to honor him with these little one’s names.

We could really use your help. Again.

Oh no, [name]Bryony[/name]!

Well, [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] are lovely together. I also think [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] is stunning. As for the theming thing - firstly, middle names aren’t said often, so if there was a particular reason to break the pattern later, for example honouring a relative, I don’t think it would be out of the question to do so.

Also, there are so many flower names - just take a look at this thread :

If you can’t pick another two or three flower names you love, then perhaps reconsider the theme.

As for [name]Imogen[/name]'s middle name, do you still love it? I know it’s your name, but do you ALSO love it? If so, keep it. In my opinion, naming children after yourselves is slightly different from honouring other people - it’s more like passing the name down. So, I don’t think it’s necessary that both parents are honoured. Especially as you will have three daughters, so I worry that if one has mum’s name and the other has a variation of dad’s ([name]Danielle[/name]/a or [name]Danica[/name], maybe), then the third might feel like the odd one out. By all means use [name]Daniel[/name] on a future son, but I think you could forgo giving him a namesake for now, as long as he doesn’t mind, even though you have used [name]Bryony[/name].

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

Hey!
First of all, I missed your announcement that you are having twins! Congrats. I did just skim your post when you announced that. I wanted to let you know (and you probably do know this) that the babies could still be identical even if you saw 2 of everything on your ultrasound. When identical twins split early-on, each twin develops it’s own placenta (which often fuse together during pregancy- that’s also the case for fraternals), sac, cord, etc. Fraternal twins are what run in families because the “tendancy” to release multiple eggs are what causes fraternals. Identicals occur spontaneously at about the same frequency worldwide. So we are having two girls, but I don’t yet know if they are identical or fraternal! I think i’ve read there are tests you can do after they are born.

As for themes. I don’t know if you know or not, but I’m sorta “stuck” with a theme myself. I’ve posted to others here that they shouldn’t feel pressured to continue a theme. After all, is 2 (or 3 lol) children really a theme? My girls mns are [name]Rose[/name], [name]Iris[/name], and potentially [name]Aster[/name] & [name]Daisy[/name] (but that’s kinda an issue right now and a topic for another thread). So on one hand, I tell people “go ahead and change the theme” and on the other, I feel the pressure to continue myself. My oldest was named after he great-grandma, [name]Rose[/name]. Then [name]Penny[/name] came and I couldn’t find a middle name I loved. I heard the name [name]Iris[/name] on tv late one night and picked it instantly… it just happened to also be a flower. I really didn’t think much of it. Now, I’m feeling like the twins also need to have this theme. On one hand, I love the theme. It’s cute and special and I do [name]LOVE[/name] flowers. I also think it’s harder to keep up as I have more kids (and we are planning more). I’ve thought that we can break the theme very easily right now. The twins would have their own theme (gems, months, family names, bible names, expanded nature/earthy sounding etc). Or they would just have totally random names. Then I’d have two flowers and two not. Know what I mean? It’s a little harder for you because if you didn’t give one of 3 girls a flower, they would be the only one. Then I start thinking about my oldest and how her mn is after a family member, but no one else is. Basically, it kinda comes down to the fact that if a child later asks you why they don’t have a certain theme or a certain element to their name that other sibs have – you tell them, “we specifically chose your name for YOU”

I really love your daughter’s name. [name]Imogen[/name] is one of my favorite names, but my DH does not care for it. [name]Bryony[/name] is another favorite. He likes that one and I feel like if we continue our “trend” we will definitely use it at some point. [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] are two all time favs too…especially [name]Eleanor[/name]! [name]Love[/name] them. They make perfect twins sisters. It’s very natural to question things. [name]Don[/name]'t worry yet and just give it some time and “try out” the names for a while.

Sorry for rambling!

[name]Auburn[/name], I still love [name]Imogen[/name]'s middle name. It fits her. I’ve been talking to [name]Dan[/name] and he seems to think the same thing about using [name]Daniel[/name]. It wouldn’t be right to use his name (or a variation) for one twin and not the other.

We are thinking that because [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name] are all considered vintage names that maybe [name]Eleanor[/name]'s middle name should be a vintage name also.

Any suggestions?

Crunchymama: lol I love your screenname btw. My Babycenter signature says I’m getting a little crunchier everyday. :slight_smile:
Thank you! Congrats on yours as well! :smiley: I did know that about the twins…I just had a moment, I guess. My mind is not quite all there lately.

I know what you mean about themes. I think we will just have the twins’ middle names be vintage names. Hardly anyone I have run across knows that bryony is a botanical name, so if [name]Beatrice[/name] just happens to have [name]Lillian[/name] as her middle name then it’s all good. :slight_smile: I think I’m rambling now lol.

Another vintage name for [name]Eleanor[/name]'s middle? Let’s see what I can do! Are you in [name]America[/name]? I’ve been trying to pronounce [name]Eleanor[/name] with the OR sound at the end in case you are, but some of these might flow differently with that pronunciation (we Brits say [name]ELL[/name]-uh-nuh).

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] and :
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Appoline[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]India[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Olive[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Opal[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] (or [name]Ottoline[/name])
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Polly[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] (depending on whether you liked the similarity to [name]Lillian[/name] or not).

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Bryony[/name]!

Okay, [name]Imogen[/name]'s name is going to stay [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bryony[/name], it seems. I think it’s perfect, and you love it - it fits her! It doesn’t mean you need to honor [name]Dan[/name] with one of the twin’s names, and as you and he both agree, it would be strange to honor him in one twin’s name and not the other. You can save [name]Daniel[/name] or a [name]Daniel[/name] variant for a future boy or girl, right?

As for being in a theme that you can’t get out of, I think [name]Auburn[/name] gave great advice. If there aren’t any more nature names that you like, then don’t keep using them! But, you’ve got a world of possibility in that theme, you know. [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] are just perfect, and if it were me, I’d go with [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Violet[/name] for [name]Bea[/name]'s twin. Yes, [name]Violet[/name] is another nature name, but it’s also a vintage classic, like [name]Bryony[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name]. That way, you have the potential to continue the nature theme, but you’ve also given your girls solid vintage names that aren’t too cutesy or themed, in my opinion. Yes, each name has a three syllable first name and a three syllable middle name, but that isn’t something you necessarily need to continue with future children. Maybe you only do this nature theme for girls! [name]Trust[/name] me, I don’t think your boys would mind - you could do Biblical names (like [name]Daniel[/name]) for boys - just an option. Anyway, that’s my two-cents. I think I’d go with a nature name just because it feels more complete to me, and [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Bentley[/name] is gorgeous. You’ve got vintage names that also happen to be nature names for future children - [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name] (any [name]Rose[/name] variant, really!), [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Lavender[/name], even [name]Clementine[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Auburn[/name],
Yes, we are in [name]America[/name]. :slight_smile:
lol its funny because my mom pronounces [name]Eleanor[/name] the British way. Always has.
Thanks for your suggestions! I like [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Olive[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Vivian[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name],
Yes, [name]Gen[/name]'s name will stay as it is. And we will save [name]Daniel[/name] or [name]Danica[/name] ([name]Dan[/name] recently adores this name) for another LO.
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is cute, as would be [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]…hmm. [name]Hazel[/name] doesn’t have 3 syllables but its vintage and botanical.
I like the idea of having Biblical boys names for the middle names of our boys. I keep asking [name]Dan[/name] just how many he expects us to have, he only giggles.