Hazel June or Josephine (Josie) Kate?

We are expecting our 3rd girl in [name_u]January[/name_u] and are torn on the name. We will until she’s born to fully decide, but I’m split between [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] was my great-grandma’s name and [name_u]June[/name_u] was her daughter (my grandmother). We have many Josephs on my dad’s side of the family so I love the idea of [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and calling her [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and my sister’s name is [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] so would be a nod to her. Baby’s older sisters are [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] (also a family name) and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u].

5 Likes

Both are beautiful names, but I would have to go with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is so classy and sleek, but the nickname [name_u]Josie[/name_u] makes it more fun and playful, so as she gets older she can choose which fits her better, or even try a different nickname since there are quite a few options from [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. And I love all the family connections rolled into one. And [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is such a simple and sweet middle name.

2 Likes

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] is my favorite! It’s such a fun and spunky name with a lovely aesthetic. I also think it goes better with big sisters!

1 Like

Oh my, that is such a tough choice! Hazel June gets my vote though (My reason being that Adeline and Josephine have the same -ine ending.). Or Hazel Josephine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] by far and it seems like the perfect honor name for you since it would honor even more than one family member and I think it’s perfect with [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] gets my vote! I think it is less popular than [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] and has such a cute nickname.

1 Like

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is beautiful!!

1 Like

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] gets my vote its so sweet and beautiful. I love it so much!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] :heart: :heart: :heart:

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is lovely as well. Both [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] flows really nicely with [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_u]Anne[/name_u].

2 Likes

Both are stunning!

I think with your sibling set I would go [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] as I just think [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] has the right level of spunky vibrancy that works with [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] & [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

2 Likes

This is such a hard choice! They’re all some of my favorite names!!

But, [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] would have to get my vote!

1 Like

hazel june is simply stunning!!!

1 Like

I really love both of these but I’m going to go with [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u], just so that [name_f]Isla[/name_f] isn’t the only one without an -ine ending.

1 Like

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] :blush:

1 Like

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u]! I prefer [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] overall but it shares an ending with [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] (-ine)

1 Like

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]! But both are gorgeous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I think that while both names are stunning, [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] is just perfection! Perfectly sunny and sweet. I think it’s a perfect style bridge with her sister’s names, while Josephine’s more vintage style brings out the vintage in [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], making [name_f]Isla[/name_f] seem far more modern.

Honestly though your daughter will have a beautiful name whichever one you decide to go with in the end, both combos are lovely!

1 Like

Both names work very well with your family, and not much between them for me, but I would choose Josephine/Josie [name_f]Kate[/name_f].

1 Like