Help me narrow down my name list!

I’m due in 5 weeks and still haven’t picked a name. I would love some help/suggestions with narrowing down my list. I’m feeling a little all over the place! I’d love to get down to 3 to bring to the hospital. But also would just love some outside opinions. [name_f]My[/name_f] son’s name is [name_u]William[/name_u] and he also gets called [name_m]Willem[/name_m] and [name_u]Liam[/name_u] by family and friends- depending on who we are around. I think I am more drawn to classic/timeless names but also maybe want something less traditional/popular than [name_u]William[/name_u] but still want it to go well together. Here’s my list:

-June
-Elsie (worry this is too nicknamey)
-Nora
-Ella or [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
-Daisy (worry if this ages well)
-Olive
-Alice or [name_u]Allie[/name_u]
-Ivy
-Blair
-May
-Scottie (this was my grandpa’s name but I struggle to see this as a grown women’s name and also not sure if it goes with William)
-also love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] but since my son’s name gets shortened to [name_u]Liam[/name_u]- I don’t love the “matchiness” of them

Okay, see, too many names and kind of all over the place. :rofl: Would love opinions !!

2 Likes

With [name_u]William[/name_u], my favorites from your list are [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], & [name_f]May[/name_f]! They all feel spunky & bright while also aging well – and they feel classic & familiar like [name_u]William[/name_u].

For a longer form for [name_u]Scottie[/name_u], you might like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Scottie[/name_u], [name_u]Blair[/name_u], [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] and [name_u]June[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] Top 3:
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_u]Ivy[/name_u]

1 Like

Names I love with [name_u]William[/name_u]:

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_u]Allie[/name_u]
[name_u]Ivy[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]

Are you looking for suggestions, or just to narrow down the list you have? To be clear, I don’t think you NEED suggestions, but lists are fun, so I’ll include some anyway:

[name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Alivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Athina[/name_f]
[name_f]Bettina[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Elliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Madilyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tina[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], and [name_f]Ella[/name_f]. You have a lovely list :green_heart:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites with [name_u]William[/name_u] are

[name_u]William[/name_u] and [name_u]Ivy[/name_u], these two are so stylish together!
[name_u]William[/name_u] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] (Allie), adorable!

Ok my third pick is a combo of [name_u]Scottie[/name_u] and Lucy… [name_u]William[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] with nickname [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]!

1 Like

Great options!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are:

[name_u]June[/name_u] - unexpected but solid and sweet

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] - gentle but substantial - I think it ages fine

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] - clunky cute - a great option

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - sleek and classic, strong but sweet

A thought: [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] nn [name_u]Scottie[/name_u]?

1 Like

If you want something that goes well with [name_u]William[/name_u] but is less popular, [name_u]June[/name_u] gets my vote! [name_f]Alice[/name_f] would be sweet as well.

1 Like

Alongside [name_u]William[/name_u] I would choose either [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_u]Ivy[/name_u]. I also love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] but if you are leaning into a nickname [name_u]Allie[/name_u] seems overused these days. [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] fit Williams’s classic vibe but are lively and known, but not boring or necessarily expected.

1 Like

Oh I love [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Thank you- I wasn’t sure if [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] felt classic enough to work with [name_u]William[/name_u] but I like it bc I also think it works with his nickname too.

Thank you, I always appreciate your responses on other posts!! I love all these too. I didn’t name my son until he was three days old and just couldn’t decide so I named him a family name. Grandpa, dad and brother are [name_u]William[/name_u]. Curious… What would be your top two if you had to pick ?!

1 Like

Oooh that’s tough! I think I’m going to go with Daisy and Alice! Alice is substantial, sweet, strong and sweet - it’s classic but doesn’t feel dated - much like William ‘Liam’. Daisy is light, sweet and bright, stylish but versatile!

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:

Naming is so hard I understand why you’re struggling it’s such a huge responsibility!

Looking at your list I love with brother [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. However you do have so many gorgeous names on your list I also really love [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f] & [name_f]Nora[/name_f] but I just feel that [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f] are a better fit with [name_u]William[/name_u].

[name_u]June[/name_u] is gorgeous such a fun summery name with a bright happy sound. I love how [name_u]June[/name_u] sounds with [name_u]William[/name_u] so timeless.

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is such a charming name a beautiful floral option with a pretty 1920s flapper energy. I think [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] ages well she’s so lovely paired with [name_u]William[/name_u] has sweet grantchester imagery attached.

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] is so peaceful and has a lovely calming energy a kooky cool choice that I think sounds lovely with [name_u]William[/name_u]. [name_u]William[/name_u] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f] feel unexpected and fun.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite from the three is [name_u]June[/name_u] :lemon:

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

1 Like

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] and May!! [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] ages beautiful! [name_f]May[/name_f] is so underused as a first name ! [name_u]Liam[/name_u] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] flow well

1 Like

With [name_u]William[/name_u], my favourites are [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]May[/name_f]. They feel classic like [name_u]William[/name_u], but less popular. I don’t [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is too nickname-y, I’ve met a few girls called [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and it was their full name.

I think my top five would be [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], and [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] with [name_f]Alice[/name_f] being my top pick.

1 Like

I’ve never met an [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] !! I do meet soooo many Ellie’s, Ella’s, Elianna’s and Eleanor’s though. For some reason [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] doesn’t feel quite as overdone as all the other “el” names

1 Like

Such a thoughtful comment thank you for your thoughts! It helps a lot to see what names standout to other people and what the names make them think of

1 Like