Help pick our baby boys middle name!

Hi everyone,

We are having a baby next week (!!!) We have a boys name picked out but haven’t decided on a middle name yet.

His name will be [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Berlin[/name_u]. Which of these do you like best as a middle name?

Edward [name_u]Neil[/name_u] (my dad’s name)
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] (father in-laws name)

Edward [name_m]Allen[/name_m] (my grandfather)
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] (husbands grandfather)

No sentiment but we like

Edward [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]

Open to other suggestions you think sound lovely too.

Thank you for your help and feedback!

I like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Neil[/name_u] [name_u]Berlin[/name_u] or [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_u]Berlin[/name_u]. Both of these are very handsome. I find [name_u]Neil[/name_u] very underused but lovely. I dont always like [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] but it sounds good with [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_u]Berlin[/name_u].

I also like:

Edward [name_u]Fox[/name_u]

Edward [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]

Edward [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] ([name_m]Allen[/name_m] sounds too similar to [name_u]Berlin[/name_u] so trying to think of other [name_m]Al[/name_m]- names)

Edward [name_u]Connor[/name_u]

Edward [name_u]Clarke[/name_u]

3 Likes

Thank you for your help and suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

My favourite is [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Berlin[/name_u]. I think the one-syllable middle gives it a nicer flow, and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] is a very strong, steadfast name to me. [name_u]Neil[/name_u] is also nice, but something about [name_u]Neil[/name_u] [name_u]Berlin[/name_u] sounds off to me.
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] is also a cool choice. They are both very strong sounding names, and uncommon [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] is nice next to [name_m]Edward[/name_m]’s charming, classic style.

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m]. I think because it sounds familiar. But then I realized it sounded familiar because of [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Allan[/name_m] [name_u]Poe[/name_u]. Which could be a good association since he’s a great poet.

2 Likes

Edward [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is lovely.

2 Likes

Go with [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m], you both like it and its neutral! Congrats on the baby!!!

1 Like

I like all of them, but if I had to choose one of the ones you have listed, I’d go with [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]. If I could change them up a little, I’d go with [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Franken[/name_m] (FRANcis + K + allEN).

1 Like

I like all of the one syllable middle names you have chosen including [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] because both the first and last names are two syllables. The one syllable flows better in my opinion.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I believe you are thinking of [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] [name_m]Allan[/name_m] [name_u]Poe[/name_u].

5 Likes

I like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Neil[/name_u] the best!

1 Like

My favorite is Edward John mainly because then you have the usable nn EJ created which you don’t get with any of the other options…

After Edward Wolfe. Because you both like it. And I think Edward Wolfe would be really cool to hear as an adult no matter what the profession is.

My ratings after those top two are
Edward Allen
Edward Francis
Edward Neil

ETA: not sure on future baby plans because that can always be a use one honor name now and use one for later. But you could always do a double middle. In which case I would throw Edward Allen Francis Berlin in my top 3 spot!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] the best.

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] paired with [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. Both classic names. I’m not keen on the other names. They don’t seem as regal as [name_m]Edward[/name_m].

1 Like

Edward [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] is seriously cool! :wolf:

I also really like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] B, from the family names.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Congratulations [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Berlin[/name_u] is a handsome name. I love all your middle name choices. I feel they all fit so perfectly and seamlessly that there is no wrong name.

I LOVE honour names. But it can be so hard to pick who to honour. In my case we went with 2 middle names to honour the 2 living great grandpa’s .
I think my favourite pairing is [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Neil[/name_u] [name_u]Berlin[/name_u]

I also really like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_u]Berlin[/name_u] . It’s very unexpected and makes the name feel edgy and a little more modern.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Neil[/name_u]

1 Like

Edward [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] are handsome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah you’re right :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Edward [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Berlin[/name_u]! [name_m]John[/name_m] is a solid one-syllable middle, and the -n ending with the -n ending of [name_u]Berlin[/name_u] goes well.

1 Like