Help us decide our 2nd boy name

Stumped on what to name our second baby (a brother for our son [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]Dash[/name_u]). I’ve posted before but now only 3 weeks left, yikes!

—[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Floren (nn [name_u]Lex[/name_u])
—[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u]
—[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Lex[/name_u])

Hollace is my moms name (she goes by [name_u]Holly[/name_u]) and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is my husbands grandmas name and my great grandmothers name. [name_u]Ray[/name_u] is my husbands name and my Dads middle name. [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] have no significance but we love the nn [name_u]Lex[/name_u], and the sound of it with our son [name_u]Julian[/name_u] ([name_u]Jules[/name_u]). We don’t love [name_u]Alex[/name_u] or how common [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is…but next to [name_u]Julian[/name_u] it kind of feels reinvigorated somehow and we would probably only call him [name_u]Lex[/name_u]. I’ve always loved [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] but am now moving toward the family name of [name_u]Hollis[/name_u], which feels more rare, slightly cooler, yet has the same ring to it.
Help!

1 Like

Love [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] with [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and looove [name_u]Lex[/name_u]! [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] would be my second choice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Argh, I love them all!

I think I too am really digging [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] as a brother for [name_u]Julian[/name_u] “[name_u]Jules[/name_u]”. It feels like a handsome and distinguished, but totally unexpected (in a good way), pairing.

I like [name_u]Ray[/name_u] more than [name_u]Rey[/name_u], which feels a little too Star Wars to me, plus it would be a closer honor name. Or how about [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], so you still get to use the nickname [name_u]Lex[/name_u]?

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

My favourite is [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Floren, nn [name_u]Lex[/name_u]. Very handsome! I also like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] if you wanted to go that route.

2 Likes

Hollis [name_u]Rey[/name_u] is nice. I like it a lot

1 Like

Julian & [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] are so well-matched as brother names! And I love the idea of using Floren to honor [name_f]Florence[/name_f]. It’s a cool mn! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you could have [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] myself!

2 Likes

If I had choices like these I would be stuck too. You really can’t go wrong.
[name_f]My[/name_f] first choice was [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] because I think it goes really well with [name_u]Julian[/name_u], but after reading your description I think [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u] may be your best choice.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]Dash[/name_u] with [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u]! I think that should be the top choice! I think they go well together and I love [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u] on it’s own, I don’t see a problem with [name_u]Rey[/name_u], rather I like it more than simple [name_u]Ray[/name_u], plus it means king in Spanish

1 Like

I love [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Floren

2 Likes

[name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] make a perfect combo for brothers!

However, my favorite out of your options is [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], followed by [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u].

[name_u]Rey[/name_u] also makes a lovely option in case you were looking at considering 2 middle names, as a previous poster mentioned. [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] sounds very pleasing yet strong.

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Floren, but [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is really cool for [name_u]Julian[/name_u]’s brother!

I love [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] as a brother to [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]Dash[/name_u] but I love even more the significance that [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u] has .

So I will vote [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]

Alexander definitely feels right with [name_u]Julian[/name_u]. I don’t think anyone would call him [name_u]Alex[/name_u] if you guys don’t, especially since you’ll have a nickname established already.

1 Like

Loving [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u] with [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]Dash[/name_u]!

Other ideas:
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]/Lance
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
Linx/Link/Lincoln

Julian [name_u]Dash[/name_u] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Floren are jist excellent together!
And while I don’t love [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] as a combo, I do think [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] sounds great too.

Great names
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is my favourite

Alexander Floren is my favorite of these options, but I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] would be perfect.

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]!

I love [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]!