Honest opinions on Ivy

From what I’ve seen, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is kind of a love-hate name here on nameberry. Personally, I really like it. I seems spunky and sweet, with a floral yet strong vibe. I know some people don’t like it… sorry for the ramble and awkward post… but what are your thoughts on [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]?
[name_f]Tia[/name_f]!

It’s not awful, and it fits in with [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] et. al. It’s just not something I’d use since it’s so short and not that appealing to me.

1 Like

Love it! It’s on my own list. I’ve liked it since reading “The [name_u]Story[/name_u] of [name_u]Holly[/name_u] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]” as a kid. As you said, it’s spunky and sweet. To me, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] has a different vibe than other floral names—whereas many feel frilly or elegant, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is playful but low-key, like a wink.

(If that makes any sense whatsoever…)

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is darling! [name_f]My[/name_f] cousin’s daughter is named [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], and it wears beautifully.

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! It’s really the perfect name for me because I love the “eye” sound, I love Vs, and it’s a short and spunky choice, which I also love. It’s getting a little too popular for me now but it’s one that I’ve always loved, and I always encourage it for others.

2 Likes

I like it! There’s the unavoidable nickname Poison [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], though.

2 Likes

I adore [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! I agree with everything you said here:

An all-around wonderful name, imo!

2 Likes

I think its sweet! Its not my favorite name but I like it.

1 Like

It is not my fav but think it is cute

1 Like

Love, love, love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]!!

1 Like

Ivy is one of my top two names! I actually wasn’t a huge fan for years because I couldn’t get the IV association out of my head. But I had a drastic change of heart about five years ago, which is very rare for me as my taste in names is usually quite consistent.

Like you said, I like that it’s a botanical name but not frilly (similar to my other favorite, June). It’s short, easy to spell and pronounce, and has a long-established history of use, all of which are important to me in a name. Ivy also just feels so versatile. I can picture it on all different kinds of girls. Really the only downside for me is its increasing popularity. I don’t mind a top 100 name but I hope she doesn’t break top 50.

3 Likes

I love it

1 Like

I [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!!! It’s on my favourite girl names list!!

1 Like

I like it and think it works well if the girl is girly or more tomboyish, but I prefer it as a middle name, I like long names with nicknames though so it could just be my personal preference.

1 Like

Ivy is so cute, especially with a longer middle to balance it out xoxo

1 Like

I love it, the only thing that puts me off is how short it is (it looks a bit silly in my sibset of 6+ letter names)

1 Like

I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is a lovely name. I personally wouldn’t use it as a first name, because I want names with nickname options. However, it still lives on my list, as that may change, and I would consider using it as a nickname for an [name_f]Iliana[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f], for example.

1 Like

I’m in the “dislike” camp, sorry. Always have been, even though I love plant.

1 Like