Honest opinions on Ivy

[name_f]My[/name_f] year 10-11 gf went by [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t recall ever hearing the poison nickname. Though I can see how it could happen.

1 Like

Ivy is bright and sharp! I know an [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] who is bold, confident and generous so it has good associations for me

1 Like

I like it but mainly as a middle name. It’s very popular in my area but still a pretty name :herb:

1 Like

I love it! It’s sweet, simple, spunky, and very easy to wear! I know it’s getting up in popularity, but it’s just so lovely. I also love botanical names.

1 Like

I don’t know of anyone who dislikes [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. I really like it, but it’s shorter and more popular than I normally swing for. I think it’s really lovely, with a pretty sound.

1 Like

I have no idea what spunky means in this context as it has a VERY different meaning in the UK but I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. It’s getting pretty popular, I know quite a few little Ivys. It’s very pretty though, it’s your classic grandma turned vintage chic name and would be especially cute on a winter baby!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], especially as a middle name to offset a long/clunky first name (like [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]). I think of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_u]Walker[/name_u] from The Village - an intelligent, beautiful tom-boy!

1 Like

Really love it! One of my favourite names

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] cousin named her little girl [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and I’m so jealous!! It’s so spunky and sweet and it transitions very well into adulthood. It’s feminine but simple and the botanical aspect is so lovely! I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] I would probably use it myself if it weren’t for my cousin!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I want to like it, because it’s botanical, old fashioned, feminine yet spunky. All of the good qualities! That all being said, I feel like it just sounds like I.V., like what you get stuck w/at the hospital. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I love it! Would 100% be using it if it didn’t completely clash with my surname. It’s beautiful.

1 Like

I don’t like it because it reminds me of an IV, like a needle :frowning:

1 Like

I really like the name [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. The only thing that deters me from using it is the fact that I live in the Deep [name_u]South[/name_u], so we say it with a long, drawn out “I”.

2 Likes

I adore [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like it! It’s sweet, timeless, gentle and adorable! I love nature names. However, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is very short and simple so I think it needs a powerful and long middle name to balance it out. .

Yeah, besides the flower, that’s one of my first associations too.

1 Like

I initally couldn’t detach this from the name either, but then I realized that they sound slightly different. When I say IV, I emphasize the second syllable – eye-VEE. But with [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], I stress the first syllable – EYE-vee. With that in mind, the name became much more appealing!

3 Likes

It’s pretty, but not a favourite of mine.

It’s very popular where I am, and also quite close in sound to other popular names like [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f], so I’m just a bit over it at this point. But I can certainly see the appeal! :leaves:

1 Like

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is a very sweet name. I’m not a huge fan of it just bc it’s SO popular. Like it’s insane how popular it’s gotten in the last couple years. [name_f]Imo[/name_f] there are just so many other prettier nature and plant names. I just don’t find the plant ivy very pretty so I would never want to name my kid after it. I do get the attraction to it- it’s a safe, easy to spell, easily recognized nature name, just not my cup of tea :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m an [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! I never really had any problems with it growing up; the pronunciation is pretty straightforward and if anyone did use the poison ivy nickname, I never knew about it. Some of my close friends and family called me [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]. :smiley:

1 Like

I absolutely adore [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! I have [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Clarisse[/name_f] on my name list.

1 Like