🐚 Honoring Ann & Kay

Although I am trying to honor Doяo†hy Ḁnn & Pᴀmëlᴀ Kᴀy, I am sticking to trying to combine Ann & Kay into a single boy’s name that still retains the two names sounds (like Annika does on my girl’s list). The only name I’ve been able to come up with so far is Anakin. Yes, I’m aware of the Star Wars connection. Any name I choose will be used as a MN if I use it, especially Anakin.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to honor Ann & Kay with one name?

1 Like

Kane?
[name_u]Kyran[/name_u]?

2 Likes

Maybe [name_m]Canaan[/name_m]? Pronounced KAY-nan.

5 Likes

I like [name_m]Kane[/name_m]

2 Likes

I’m really liking [name_m]Canaan[/name_m]. I’m not sure about the religious ties, but it is the exact sound I wanted in a name. [name_u]Kyran[/name_u] and [name_m]Kane[/name_m] are nice as well.

@anon68906791 No worries. I’ve done that before. I hadn’t seen [name_f]Annemieke[/name_f] before, so I did look at it. Thank you.

3 Likes

Kane or [name_m]Cain[/name_m] was the first one to come to mind. Another that doesn’t have those sounds directly, but comes close is [name_m]Keane[/name_m]. [name_m]Kian[/name_m] is another one that might fit the bill.

4 Likes

Kian! Good Irish name :slight_smile:
[name_m]Kellan[/name_m]
[name_u]Killian[/name_u]/ [name_m]Cillian[/name_m]
[name_u]Keegan[/name_u]

4 Likes

I was also going to say [name_m]Kian[/name_m].
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u]

1 Like

What about just [name_u]Kaye[/name_u]? Since [name_u]Kay[/name_u] can be a boy’s name, and you’re borrowing the ‘e’ from [name_u]Anne[/name_u]

Hank? (because [name_u]Anne[/name_u] comes from [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] + K)

I like [name_m]Kane[/name_m] as a suggestion, too

2 Likes

Maybe [name_u]Kieran[/name_u]?

1 Like

Kian
Keirnan
Keinon
Keynes
[name_m]Keyne[/name_m]
[name_m]Kayne[/name_m]
[name_m]Kane[/name_m]
[name_u]Keegan[/name_u]
[name_m]Kayan[/name_m]

1 Like

Anakin is kind of cool

Kayne
[name_m]Kanaan[/name_m]
[name_m]Anker[/name_m]

1 Like

Kane
[name_m]Kaydin[/name_m]
[name_u]Keenan[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]

1 Like

Keirnan and [name_u]Keenan[/name_u] are great suggestions

How about turning the c of [name_m]Canaan[/name_m] into a K to reduce the biblical connection [name_m]Kanaan[/name_m]?

or [name_m]Kaden[/name_m]/Kaydan

Also [name_m]Anchor[/name_m]

1 Like

Maybe kayden/kaden/etc spellings?

Ackerman?

Kane?

1 Like

Kerrigan might work, too.

1 Like

I like that idea. Plus it would still tie the K from [name_u]Kay[/name_u]. I like [name_m]Anchor[/name_m]… it ties in my love of the water. Thank you.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of [name_m]Kerrigan[/name_m]. I’ll have to look at it with my combos. Thank you.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Kaden[/name_m]/Kayden. How would Ackerman fit? I like it, I just don’t see the connection.

1 Like

I don’t really know honestly :joy:. I was kind of just playing around with the a and k and that came up in my head :joy:

1 Like