Hot Takes? šŸ¤­

Me neither! :grimacing: A lot of it says the names I like are mum names, dated names, boring names or out of fashion, etc. I just donā€™t really think I care enough about that to bother paying attention :rofl:

6 Likes

Yes, those.

In that case I completely agree. I just ignore them, because theyā€™re very US-centric, as you say, and sometimes I think theyā€™re very ignorant.

8 Likes

Yeah, my 2 year old cousin is named [name_u]Lauren[/name_u] and it suits her very well!

3 Likes

my hot take is that alliteration - especially between first & middle names - is really fun. i love my middle name and use it a lot but i also love the idea of a middle name being like your secret superhero name, using it as a happy secret with family and friends. plus names like Willoughby Wilder or Lucinda Liv would just be the coolest people.

29 Likes

Me too! Some of my favorites are [name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_u]Easton[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] & [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]! I also love to double up on vowels in names like [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] & [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_u]Avery[/name_u]!

2 Likes

yes! [name_u]Courtney[/name_u] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] is a gp combo of mine because S/O would never agree to it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hm, this is my first time seeing ā€œmom nameā€ used. Iā€™m curious to know what qualifies?

Names that were popular when todayā€™s mothers were born. You are more likely to meet a [name_u]Lauren[/name_u] who has a baby than a [name_u]Lauren[/name_u] who is a baby.

15 Likes

louna is lovelier than luna

11 Likes

this!! this!! this!!

2 Likes

I love the look of [name_f]Louna[/name_f] - itā€™s gorgeous (although Iā€™ll always adore my Luna) but for some reason I instincitvely pronounce it Low-oo-nah, even though I know thatā€™s not correct! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rofl:

6 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] to [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]! [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] is just not to my liking, plus I think of Dame [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_u]Christie[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

imo Fable should be much more popular and I think I like it better than Mabel.

9 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] current hot take?

• pronouncing names so badly that it almost sounds right is the only way I will ever pronounce names, simply because I cannot Word
3 Likes

emeline looks prettier than emmeline

10 Likes

I made almost exactly the same post months ago, lol

I hate posts where weā€™re supposed to mock or trash real childrenā€™s names. Itā€™s just so mean-spirited and usually bigoted. I saw a post like this on Reddit where they were making fun of teen moms and their name choices. Itā€™s truly pathetic, just another form of classism at its finest.

39 Likes

As a teen, I know many Laurenā€™s (and a Lauryn) who are my age or younger.

I know three [name_m]Laurens[/name_m] (four if you count a Lauryn) and two Lauras, all teenagers. Although it is definitely more common among adults, for sure. I feel like [name_u]Lauren[/name_u] feels more modern while [name_f]Laura[/name_f] feels more timeless, but thatā€™s probably the association of [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ingalls [name_u]Wilder[/name_u].

2 Likes