How many 'it' names do you have?

My “it” boy name I used on our son, [name]Cuyler[/name]. Loved it steadfastly since I was about 12. Although this girl “it” name just came to me recently, I am about 99% sure we will use it, [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Julia[/name] is my other “it” name. It was at the top for if our son had been a girl. [name]Alaina[/name] too, but I’ve since changed the spelling of that one. I’m struggling big time with boy names right now, so I hope I have a couple of girls next. [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Julia[/name]. Perfection! :slight_smile:

Definitely :slight_smile:

Also…one of my boy names is also [name]Arthur[/name], and [name]Linus[/name] was one for years. Slightly weird. We must have read the same books growing up, or something like that :smiley:

oh heck, I’ve just seen [name]Cormac[/name], [name]Casimir[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], and [name]Alasdair[/name] in your signature. um.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] had been picked for a future daughter for about ten years lol
If only ‘it’ names for boys were just as easy for us… Mine would be [name]Reuben[/name] and hubby’s is [name]Seth[/name], which I quite like too :slight_smile:

Great thread btw

I love [name]Arthur[/name], I just wish everyone didn’t love it as much as I did! And yes, if I had a boy “it” name, it’d probably be [name]Linus[/name]. Pretty crazy!

I don’t have an it name. I have a list I’d give to my significant other which is 4 girls 5 boys. All of the names I love and would adore my kids to have. My problem is really that the list would be longer if it were specific to one language but the name has to sound good in English, [name]German[/name] and Spanish which I’m having a real problem with girls names right now. (you should probably keep in mind we aren’t really talking kids right now).

Edit: I forgot to add the names: <sigh> Aurelia, Aurora, Esme, Viola, Alaric, August, Emmett & Tristan. (and yes I am 1 devistated at how popular Aurora and now August are and 2 that Esme and Emmett are Twilight names - still love them all though).

My “it” girl’s name was [name]Rowan[/name] since I was about 13, and now that I have used it I’m kind of lost on another it name for the next child. I believe [name]Asher[/name] is my it boy’s name, because I keep coming back to it. When I think about having a son, I always call him [name]Asher[/name] in my head and it just feels right. I do worry about the rising popularity though. I’m completely stumped on another girl’s name I love as much as [name]Rowan[/name] right now though. :confused:

My it-name is deffinetly [name]Dorothea[/name]. I’ve only just thought of using it for my grandmother, [name]Dorothy[/name]. But something about it is just so… I can’t describe it. I absolutely adore it. I can’t imagine NOT having a daughter named [name]Dorothea[/name].
I can just see my dad spoiling a little girl named [name]Dorothea[/name], me saying “Well, [name]Dorothea[/name] and I decided to take the scenic route on our way to school.” I can imagine being married and my husband saying “Should I get [name]Dorothea[/name] from school, or will you?” If I could have main control over what my children are named when I get married, [name]Dorothea[/name] is deffinetly being used.

• [name]Athena[/name]

Oh lots, lol.

I have my top five picked out already, in a sibset order. So if I had quintuplet girls now, I’d have them all named no problem. Lol.

For my first daughter I definitely want an A name, and [name]Alessandra[/name]'s front runner. It’s flawless to me, but I have other ones in case when I meet her she doesn’t feel like an [name]Alessandra[/name] anymore.
Those are:
[name]Alexia[/name], [name]Adriana[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], possibly [name]Allegra[/name].

Other names I’m just waiting to use are:
[name]Olivia[/name], [name]Victoria[/name]/[name]Vittoria[/name], [name]Katerina[/name], [name]Elena[/name], [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Gabriela[/name] pretty much in that order.

As for boys, I’m so sure that [name]Nathaniel[/name] is my future son. Without a doubt!
I also just love [name]Henry[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Eric[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Alaric[/name], [name]Cody[/name].

The two girls’ names I’d use in a heartbeat are [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Delaney[/name]. [name]Georgia[/name] would be too, except my cousin is named that, so it’s not usable. For boys, most definitely [name]Liam[/name]. I think it’s actually the only name I’ve ever truly loved. [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Delaney[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] are definitely names I really like, but I like so many girls names I don’t know which ones I really love. I like less boys names so I think it’s easier to know which ones I really love.

[name]Arden[/name] has been my “it” girl name since I was 16. Everything else ebbs and wanes :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] has been my “it” name since I first read [name]Charlotte[/name]'s [name]Web[/name] in elementary school. I’m set on [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Belle[/name] unless I decide to have a double middle name. No other name compares to [name]Charlotte[/name] for me! It’s pretty much perfect. [name]Charlotte[/name] is beautiful on its own, but if I decide to use a nickname, I could use [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Belle[/name], [name]Lottie[/name], or [name]Lottie[/name] [name]Belle[/name]!
My other “it” name is [name]Emilia[/name]. It’s the only other name I’d use in a heartbeat. I love the idea of [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Alice[/name], (continuing the Disney inspired middle names) [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Violet[/name], or [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Harper[/name]. I’d use the nickname [name]Millie[/name] for her, as I’m a huge fan of Thoroughly Modern [name]Millie[/name]. Plus, I think sisters with the nicknames [name]Lottie[/name] and [name]Millie[/name] would be adorable. :]

To add my boy’s name, it would probably be [name]William[/name]. [name]William[/name] is a family name and has been on my mom’s side for three generations. I’d like to use it for that reason, even though it has been in the male line and I’m not. I don’t mind my son sharing a name with a cousin, though, if my male cousin [name]William[/name] wants to give it to his son. We’re not especially close. I like [name]William[/name] [name]Gregory[/name] because my fiance’s middle name is [name]Gregory[/name]. I would also love using [name]Arthur[/name] (not set on a middle name) or [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]. I really love both [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] but I don’t think fiance is really crazy about either name.

I have so many girls names that I like, but only one “it” name. [name]Rose[/name]. I absoulutely love it. In the past my “it” name has been [name]Layla[/name], but that’s the only one I was sure I was using(until a few months later). For boys, I have a couple names I see myself using. [name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Milo[/name]. I absoulutely love [name]Theo[/name] as well, but can’t picture myself with one. Other past “it” boys names I’ve had are [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Zachary[/name].

Like I said, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Leia[/name], [name]Holden[/name], and [name]Jude[/name], but I can’t actually picture myself saying, “[name]Annabel[/name]! [name]Holden[/name]! [name]Leia[/name]! Come here!” which is why I wouldn’t use them.

Yes, [name]Jensen[/name] for a boy because I didn’t get to use it for my son, and [name]Alena[/name] for a girl, because i used my other girl name ([name]Malia[/name]) already!

Most of the ones in my sig are “the one” for me so it’s hard to leave any out but these names are fn and mn I love the most

First names: [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Myriam[/name]
Middle names: [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]
Runner up: [name]Athenais[/name] - to me this is THE [name]ONE[/name] but dh admitted he doesn’t really care for and most of our family thinks it’s a ridiculous choice so I’m not sure it would ever get used. I feel like [name]Cecile[/name] is slowly making it’s was onto the mn list as well so maybe one day it will replace [name]Athenais[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] this topic.

I’m a name nerd. There are a lot of names I love. But there’s a sharp difference between savoring, appreciating, and recommending a name and finding an “it” name. For me, that difference really boils down to how I feel when I see someone else using or even talking about one of “my” names: if I’m excited to see that a great name is getting some love, it’s not an “it” name. If I feel the bottom of my stomach drop out if a certain name is mentioned, it’s an “it” name. These are the names I can actually see using for a future child.

Amazingly enough, my shortlist is pretty, well, short. For girls I can only really imagine using [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], and [name]Sylvie[/name]. For a boy, I love, [name]LOVE[/name], [name]Charlie[/name] – though [name]Charles[/name] is not one of my “it” names. I can also imagine having sons named [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Atlas[/name], [name]Roscoe[/name], [name]Thaddeus[/name] (nn [name]Teddy[/name]), [name]Wallace[/name]/[name]Waldo[/name] (I go back and forth), [name]Magnus[/name], [name]August[/name]…yeah, I’m a lot more open-minded when it comes to sons.

[name]Alice[/name] and (like youself) [name]Lucy[/name]. [name]Both[/name] strong and classic.

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Imogene[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]

My “it” name for a son is [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Dante[/name] with the nn [name]Zac[/name]. The only way I wouldn’t use it was if he didn’t look like an [name]Isaac[/name] or [name]Zac[/name] so my issue Has been not picturing the person behind the name.
For a daughter it changes. Currently I’m loving Síofra [name]Summer[/name] but before that it was [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Summer[/name] and before that was [name]Kristen[/name] [name]Summer[/name]. It really depends on [name]Martin[/name]'s mood as to the “it” name. Although [name]Summer[/name] will definitely be her middle name.

If I were to have a child tomorrow, the name would be either [name]Declan[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] or [name]Alexia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (gender depending of course!) it is likely to change. For a while, I was stuck on the name [name]Cormac[/name] [name]Fionn[/name] (nn [name]Mac[/name]) but I wasn’t sure how fellow [name]North[/name] Americans would feel about that name.
I have a few guilty pleasure names that I don’t think I’d use. ([name]Zayden[/name], [name]Wilder[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Preston[/name], [name]Marshall[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]Calix[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name], [name]Harlow[/name], [name]Natasha[/name], [name]Reagan[/name], [name]Sienna[/name])

[name]Abigail[/name] & [name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] & [name]Ella[/name] & [name]Madeline[/name] & [name]Lillian[/name] nn [name]Lilly[/name]

[name]Avery[/name] & [name]Bryony[/name] & [name]Braelyn[/name] & [name]Harlow[/name] & [name]Kennedy[/name] & [name]Kinsley[/name] & [name]Sydney[/name]

Above are all names that I love! I’ve separated into ones that I think are similar styles. The ones in bold are the ones I would be likely to use than others. (other than previously mentioned [name]Declan[/name] & [name]Alexia[/name])

https://nameberry.com/userlist/view/32650 side note vote please?

I love the name [name]Charlotte[/name]! [name]One[/name] of my twin daughters is [name]Charlotte[/name] and we call her [name]Lottie[/name] which I love too. In New Zealand where I’m from [name]Charlotte[/name] has been in the top ten girls’ names for the last 8-10 years! In fact in the year 2006 when my girls were born it was number 1. [name]Charlotte[/name]’s twin sister is [name]Madeleine[/name] or [name]Maddy[/name]. We’re expecting another girl and if we didn’t have friends with a daughter [name]Emilia[/name] I’d call her that. [name]Love[/name] that name too.