How many 'it' names do you have?

For girls I feel like all my names are “it” names, because I can picture using all of them on a daughter, but of course it all depends on certain things… if they get axed by my future hubby or once I get pregnant I hate them (which I’ve seen happen on here before)
My names are:
[name]Willow[/name]- I just love saying that name, it makes me smile, love willow trees, everything about it is just whimsical! Prob tied for number one with…
[name]Marigold[/name]!- I can totally picture having a little [name]Marigold[/name] & calling out her name, not fond of any nickname options for this though.(anyone have any good suggestions besides [name]Goldie[/name]?)
[name]Olivia[/name]- I think [name]Olivia[/name] is pretty but I [name]LOVE[/name] the nickname options that come along with the name, which I don’t tend to like both.
[name]Amelia[/name]- I think [name]Amelia[/name] is really pretty also, & I think I could picture calling out [name]Milli[/name] but not to sure yet.
[name]Cora[/name]- I think [name]Cora[/name] is so adorable, but the fact of having [name]Cora[/name]'s restaurants( don’t know if they have them in the u.s) kind of throws it off for me.
[name]Hazel[/name]- I think hazel is also adorable, the only thing throwing it off for me is where I live the mayors name is [name]Hazel[/name] and she’s in her 90’s.

For boys I don’t think I have an “it” name yet, there’s some that I like but I don’t think I’ve fallen in love,
[name]River[/name]- I like it and can picture calling him Riv for short sometimes, but it gets a bad rep for being “hippyish” so I’m not sure if I could pull the trigger on it or not, but both my boyfriend & I are very outdoorsy and I think it could work for us, & I think the people that know us would agree but people that don’t might hate it.
[name]Lachlan[/name]- I do like this name but I love it more for it’s nickname Lauchie, I find it so adorable! but I’d like to love the full name too & I’m not sure I do. Also I’m not sure how well it would go over in [name]Canada[/name], people might not know how to pronounce it, could be wrong though.

My “it” girls names that I would definitely use: [name]Anna[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Rose[/name]. I love [name]Maeve[/name], but I don’t know if I could actually use it - may be too “different.”

My “it” boys names: [name]Jack[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Patrick[/name]. I love [name]Griffin[/name], but it clashes with our last name.

I have three, two boys and one girl. I don’t share the girl name because I want to keep it all to myself, but the boys are [name]Arthur[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name].

I used my “it” name for my daughter, and its funny because it was a name I hated when I first heard it. I won’t mention it because its a name I know won’t go over well on here and its so perfect for my sweet little girl I don’t want to read the ridicule. I was pretty convinced if I ever had another girl I’d never find another name that I like as much that went with it. However, there is another name that I originally hated that I’m seeing over and over again that is starting to grow on me, so that might be my new “it” name.

I actually have 2 lists for this reason. The long list is comprised of names I love. The second and shorter list is all names I love AND would use. The second list changes a little bit each year, but not very much. For my boys names, the lists are pretty similar to each other. On my “I would use these” lists (right now, anyway) are:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

[name]August[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]

These two lists are the ones I’d take to my DH if I found out we were pregnant again.

My it names for a girl are: [name]Euphemia[/name] and [name]Luna[/name]
My it name for a boy is: [name]Ezra[/name]

I live 40 mins. down the 401 from you, and I promise [name]Lachlan[/name], [name]Cora[/name], and [name]Hazel[/name] would (and do!) go over just fine. I know two Hazels- one the niece of a friend (who lives in Miss. too!) and the other a 5 year old who comes into the place I work. No one has ever made the McCallion connection! [name]Lachlan[/name]'s increasingly familiar here, along with [name]Callum[/name], [name]Ewan[/name], and [name]Declan[/name], although I think I’ve seen more Canadian Lochlans than Lachlans (from Globe and Mail and The [name]Star[/name]'s birth announcements over the years). The [name]Cora[/name] restaurants aren’t a terrible association ([name]Timmy[/name]'s doesn’t stop people from calling their sons [name]Timothy[/name]…), definitely wouldn’t be a dealbreaker for me–plus, there are a few pop culture references to [name]Cora[/name] which would lessen the association with there restaurant (I’m thinking of Downton, of course).

My it names are most definitely [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Kate[/name]. If I ever have a daughter I’m pretty sure she’d be [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

Boys names are a different story…

I really don’t want kids so you can consider all of these guilty pleasures. These are some of my current favorites that just sound right.

Girls~
[name]Corsica[/name]
[name]Thalassa[/name]
[name]Cerulean[/name]
[name]Calantha[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Azura[/name]
[name]Caledonia[/name]
[name]Grove[/name] *middle
[name]Peridot[/name] *middle
[name]Lotus[/name] *middle
[name]Nirvana[/name] *middle
[name]Sequoia[/name] *middle
[name]Garland[/name] *middle

Boys~
[name]Henrik[/name]
[name]Vladimir[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]

i had 1 it girl name and used it so second girl is a huge struggle - and really awful frankly!

wow really? I have never met anyone with the names [name]Hazel[/name] or [name]Cora[/name] and I never even heard of [name]Lachlan[/name] until I came onto nameberry, that’s so funny, I guess it really does matter exactly where you are. To be fair I’m not around kids to often, I don’t work around them or anything so I don’t hear kids names to often, just people I know who have kids really. Ya that’s true its not a bad association, atleast it’s kind of a healthy place to eat lol

For a boy: [name]Nathan[/name], for sure. I’ve always loved it, my husband has always loved it, [name]Nathan[/name] is our favorite.
For a girl: [name]Virginia[/name], nn [name]Ginny[/name]. I’ve always loved that, too- I grew up in [name]Virginia[/name] and known several Virginias that I would love my daughter to be like. My only hesitation has come from when I’ve mentioned to others that I love the name, the responses are mixed- it’s too grandma, it’s too much like vagina, it’s too much like virgin. I still absolutely love it, I just don’t know if my daughter would think dealing with those reactions would overshadow how awesome a name it is.