How many little Sophias / Sophies do you know?

Wondering how many [name]Sophie[/name] / Sophias you know.

Maybe it’s because I’m only a teenager, but I only know a few.
Yesterday I met a little [name]Sophie[/name] in my neighborhood, and my friend babysits a [name]Sophia[/name] in our neighborhood. My mom’s hairdresser also just had a baby named [name]Sofia[/name].
So, that would be 3 total. 1 [name]Sophie[/name], 1 [name]Sophia[/name], 1 [name]Sofia[/name].

Two – one [name]Sophie[/name], one [name]Sophia[/name]

Two on my street alone (1 [name]Sofia[/name], 1 [name]Sophia[/name]). I also know of at least three more: a [name]Sophia[/name] goes to the same music school as my son, one goes to his future preschool, and a friend of a friend’s new baby is [name]Sophie[/name].

It’s so sad. [name]Sophia[/name] was my daughter’s name until I realized how popular it is. Wrong time I guess.

There’s two that go to school with my sister (1.[name]Sofia[/name] 2.[name]Sophia[/name]) My teacher’s baby (1.[name]Sophie[/name]) two ex-classmates of mine (1.[name]Sophia[/name] 2. [name]Sofia[/name]) and that’s all!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I love [name]Sophia[/name]! It feels classic and elegant to me. Timeless, feminine, and sophisticated. We’ve got so many wonderful [name]Sophia[/name]'s, from the determined drive of director [name]Sofia[/name] Coppola to the amazing artistry of actress [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Loren[/name]. Not to mention the many royal [name]Sophia[/name]'s throughout history…

Personally, I’m not as big a fan of [name]Sophie[/name], as it feels a bit too young to me. However, I know three [name]Sophie[/name]'s. All of the girls are now nineteen-years-old. I recently heard of a [name]Sophia[/name], who is three, but I do not know her personally.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

me too, just too many. very sad.

Loads of Sophies in [name]Britain[/name].

There are 2 in my little class of 30 6 year olds and about 7 others in the school (about 180 pupils total)

I work in 2 schools, and I know 2 Sophias and 1 [name]Sophie[/name].

I have actually never met any sophie’s or sophia’s surprisingly enough!

I’m in my mid 20’s and have only ever know 2 people by the name of [name]Sophie[/name] / [name]Sophia[/name] (no one currently) and I can’t say that I recall ever even hearing someone in-passing being called by that name. Which is why I was so surprised to find out it was on the top 10! Up until recently I’d never looked at a popular name list and so before that I was 99.9% sure I was going to use [name]Sophia[/name] for my first daughter. Now that my name obsession has been revitalised I think I’ve ruled [name]Sophia[/name] out for good.

I remember when I was in daycare there were three Sophies (plus one [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] whose name was [name]Claire[/name] but decided she wanted to be part of the trend . . . and her mother let her. )

I now work at that same daycare and there is one [name]Sophie[/name] and one [name]Sophia[/name]. My neighbour’s six year old is also [name]Sophie[/name]. So yes, both variations are common (but for good reason!)

I read your other post, about your daughter still not being named, and I just wanted to let you know that the people on this board are amazing at helping people find names they love so you should definitely give it a try

best of luck

One! A four and a half-month-old who lives down the street from me is named [name]Sophia[/name], and the name fits her so well. She LOOKS like one!

I work at an elementary school helping second grade teachers (four different classes total) and there is not ONE [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sophie[/name] in any of them! (Which makes me feel a lot better…I love [name]Sophia[/name]!)

I know three Sophies and one [name]Sophia[/name], but I’m realizing how deceiving popularity can be, because I know even more Merediths (6) and Charlottes (6), and those names are less popular than [name]Sophie[/name]/[name]Sophia[/name]!

Take care! :slight_smile:

I used to nanny a now 4 year-old [name]Sofia[/name], whose next-door neighbor was [name]Sophie[/name]. At the preschool I used to work at (3 years ago) there was an infant [name]Sophia[/name], and then another was born after I left. My m-i-l has had a [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sophie[/name] in her 3-year-old class every year for the last few years. My college roommates name is [name]Sophia[/name] (24) and I used to have a neighbor who is my age named [name]Sophia[/name]. So… it’s popular!

No matter how many there are, though, it’s a great name. Speaking as someone who used to have to say it ALL the time (the [name]Sofia[/name] I nannied was a handful!), it is a lovely name to say. I called her [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Sofie[/name], [name]Fia[/name] and [name]Fia[/name]-bia about equally and I love saying them all.

I am due in three weeks and am naming my baby girl:
[name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]. I have always loved the names [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sophie[/name]. I live in South [name]America[/name] so there are many [name]Sofia[/name]'s running around. I have never met just a [name]Sophie[/name]. Personally I only know one [name]Sophia[/name] who is 8. I know the name is now greatly popular, but i still think it is beautiful, timeless and elegant!

[name]Maj[/name] – thank you so much for your reply. Yes, really having a hard time deciding on a name, I will take your advice!!!

Wow! Actually, I haven’t, either, but one glance at that dreaded popularity index, and I worry I’m doomed!

Am actually reconsidering [name]Sophia[/name] now, thanks to posters!