I don't want to tell friends/family - but I'll tell you!!

Names that have some traction with myself and my husband

Boy
[name]Satchel[/name] – Absolutely favorite. I’m a HUGE baseball fan and greatly respect [name]Satchel[/name] [name]Paige[/name]. I also like it has a classic english sound w/o being stuck up. Pretty set on this for a boy.
[name]Shane[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] - becoming quite popular (ie trendy?)
[name]Jack[/name] - too bad our friends have a little boy named [name]Jack[/name]?
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Niall[/name]
[name]Sky[/name] or [name]Skye[/name]

Girl:
Segolene – gorgeous french name with a nice flow
[name]Isis[/name] – my all time favorite [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] song
[name]Dylan[/name] – see reason above
[name]Signe[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Ico[/name] (pronounced “I - co”)
[name]Ciel[/name] (pronounced “seal”)
[name]Tirzah[/name] (pronounced “teerza”)

Did you need pronunciation guides for those above? If so I like them MUCH less.

Some guidelines:

1. Last name [name]Kelly[/name]
  2. I want to honor my danish heritage (could do w/ mn). We also like irish (husband’s heritage) and I like french names in general.
  3. Meaning IS important to me - but not always literally if it has a strong historical importance (like [name]Satchel[/name] technically meaning “bag”)

For middle names, I am very set on honoring family names from my side (husband gets the last name, I get the first two!):

[name]Marie[/name]
Haagen (pronounced “Hone” like bone)
[name]Larsen[/name]
[name]Melville[/name]
[name]Robinson[/name]

[name]Melville[/name] & Haagen are frontrunners. Plus, I always thought middle names SHOULD be something a child grows in to and never thought having a “dorky” middle name made you stand out (at least not when I was a kid).

[name]Phineas[/name] ([name]Finn[/name]) & [name]Isis[/name] are the leaders for me :slight_smile:

Boy
[name]Satchel[/name] – Sounds too much like a bag to me. But then I’m English and am probably missing the sporting allusion. Isn’t one of the [name]Moore[/name]/[name]Willis[/name] children called [name]Satchel[/name]?
[name]Finn[/name] - Good name, getting very popular. [name]Phinneas[/name] perhaps? With [name]Finn[/name] as a nickname?
[name]Jack[/name] - VERY popular in [name]England[/name], too popular? Very solid name with a boysy feel.
[name]Axel[/name] - [name]Axel[/name] [name]Rose[/name]? Sounds quite ‘rocker’ as a result? Interesting though.
[name]Niall[/name] - Like the spelling, but [name]Neil[/name] (which it will sound like won’t it? or is it [name]Nile[/name]? ) is far more widespread a name than I think you’re after?
[name]Sky[/name] or [name]Skye[/name] - This sounds quite hippy for a boy to my English ears.

Girl:
Segolene – Never heard this and love it.
[name]Isis[/name] – Like this one the best - unusual but not weird and looks good written down.
[name]Dylan[/name] – This is very boysy for me. Not for a girl.
[name]Signe[/name] - no idea how to pronounce without the guide.
[name]Briar[/name] - Interesting.
[name]Estelle[/name] - Like this, for me I prefer [name]Estella[/name] which might flow a little more easily into the surname?
[name]Ico[/name] - Hmmm looks like a logo to me and might be pronounced Ick-o. [name]How[/name] about [name]Echo[/name] instead? Or too depressing a myth to saddle a girl with?
[name]Ciel[/name] - I’d pronounce this Cee - el like the French?
[name]Tirzah[/name] - never seen this, don’t know what it means, but like the sound.

Boy

[name]Satchel[/name]: I think it’s great that this name has meaning to you, but keep in mind that most people will likely first think of a bag or purse, as opposed to the baseball player, when hearing this name. (If you add an “n” after the “S,” the first syllable of the name quickly morphs into a nasty slang word, which is something you may want to consider in terms of potential teasing.) :frowning:

[name]Shane[/name]: [name]Shane[/name] is starting to feel pretty dated, and is much more popular than [name]Finn[/name]. (You’re concerned about [name]Finn[/name]'s popularity.) What about a fresher Irish name? (You can read about names and their popularity ranking by typing a name in the “check out a name” box on the left.)

[name]Finn[/name]: I think [name]Finn[/name] is great. Yes, it’s becoming more and more popular, as are [name]Finnegan[/name] and [name]Finnian[/name]. What about [name]Phineas[/name], nn [name]Finn[/name]?

[name]Jack[/name]: [name]Jack[/name] is very, very popular, but I think it’s a great name. :slight_smile:

[name]Axel[/name]:

[name]Niall[/name]: I’d worry about spelling and pronunciation issues with [name]Niall[/name]…

[name]Sky[/name] or [name]Skye[/name]: I’d worry about a male [name]Sky[/name] being mistaken for a girl, but I think the [name]Sky[/name] spelling is definitely more masculine than [name]Skye[/name].

Girl:
Segolene: I’d worry about pronunciation issues, as people unfamiliar with French are likely to mispronounce the name Seg-oh-leen, instead of the intended Seg-oh-lehn.

[name]Isis[/name]:
[name]Dylan[/name]: [name]Dylan[/name] is 100% trendy boys’ name to me…
[name]Signe[/name]: I actually know a lovely [name]Signe[/name], but would definitely worry about pronunciation issues.

[name]Briar[/name]:

[name]Estelle[/name]: I really like [name]Estelle[/name]…

[name]Ico[/name] (pronounced “I - co”): You can bet she’ll be teased with “Ick”…

[name]Ciel[/name] (pronounced “seal”): I pronounce this French name “see-el,” like the previous poster.

[name]Tirzah[/name] (pronounced “teerza”)

My votes go to [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Estelle[/name], but [name]Estelle[/name] doesn’t flow that well with [name]Kelly[/name]. Hmm…

[name]Marie[/name]
Haagen (pronounced “Hone” like bone): I think it’s safe to say that most people will pronounce Haagen as “hog-in,” like Haagen Dazs ice cream.
[name]Larsen[/name]
[name]Melville[/name]
[name]Robinson[/name]

Other ideas (Irish names are starred):

Boys:

[name]Archer[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Kelly[/name] *
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Kelly[/name] *
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Flynn[/name] [name]Kelly[/name] *
[name]Gulliver[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
McNeil [name]Kelly[/name] *
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Quinn[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Roman[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Roan[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Sullivan[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Tolliver[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]

Girls:
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name] [name]Kelly[/name] *
[name]Bridget[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Kelly[/name] *
[name]Finola[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Kathleen[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Laura[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Kelly[/name] *
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Rosaleen[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]*
[name]Simone[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] all -

thanks so much for the replies and for taking the time. I guess I should have been more explicit - I was hoping for advice as to what middle names would go best with what first names.

But a few comments:

I don’t really care if “Haagen” is pronounced like the ice cream. It’s the meaning behind it that’s important and the child can easily leave the middle name out growing up.

[name]Niall[/name] is pronounced like [name]Nile[/name] not [name]Neil[/name] but totally agree on misspelling issues. This one is fading from our list anyway…

[name]Finn[/name] is a top name for us b/c it is [name]BOTH[/name] a very danish and a very irish name, so we’re not looking for just any irish name.

In terms of bad nicknames (re: the satchell: snatch reference), I’ll obviously avoid the worst offenders but at a certain point I think you just need to let go b/c kids are creative and having sat around bandying names about with my friends, you can come up with bad slang for just about ANY name.

Some mispronunciation is inherent in all but the most common names. I know a couple girls named [name]Eva[/name] – drives me crazy because is it A-va or Eeee-va? The girls each use a different pronunciation. Once you know the person, you know the person.

I mean, my name is [name]Nicole[/name] – a super super common name and yet to this day 1/2 the people I meet misspell it [name]Nichole[/name]. What are you gonna do?

I, too, prefer [name]Estella[/name] over [name]Estelle[/name] but I think “[name]Estella[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]” doesn’t sound right.

It’s interesting to me that your names veer between the extremely distinctive ([name]Satchel[/name] and [name]Isis[/name], [name]Briar[/name]) and the very popular, like [name]Jack[/name]. It is hard to tell whether popularity or lack thereof is really an issue for you at all, or whether you’re most interested in choosing names with family/ethnic meaning. I too love the name [name]Finn[/name] and think it’s great that it offers the Scandinavian/Irish crossover, but I would say this is heading toward the top of the popularity list, and I’d bet that in ten years [name]Finn[/name] is at least in the top 20, even the top 10. [name]Jack[/name] in terms of popularity, totally forget it. Top name throughout Europe and Australia and heading there in the U.S.

I love [name]Satchel[/name], [name]Isis[/name], [name]Briar[/name]. [name]Niall[/name] I actually thought WAS pronounced as [name]Neil[/name]. On the middle names, I think you should choose them for significance and not flow.

It’s interesting to me that your names veer between the extremely distinctive ([name]Satchel[/name] and [name]Isis[/name], [name]Briar[/name]) and the very popular, like [name]Jack[/name]. It is hard to tell whether popularity or lack thereof is really an issue for you at all, or whether you’re most interested in choosing names with family/ethnic meaning. I too love the name [name]Finn[/name] and think it’s great that it offers the Scandinavian/Irish crossover, but I would say this is heading toward the top of the popularity list, and I’d bet that in ten years [name]Finn[/name] is at least in the top 20, even the top 10. [name]Jack[/name] in terms of popularity, totally forget it. Top name throughout Europe and Australia and heading there in the U.S.

I love [name]Satchel[/name], [name]Isis[/name], [name]Briar[/name]. [name]Niall[/name] I actually thought WAS pronounced as [name]Neil[/name]. On the middle names, I think you should choose them for significance and not flow.

Boy
[name]Satchel[/name] – Because I know about [name]Woody[/name] [name]Allen[/name]'s son [name]Satchel[/name], I know that this name honors the baseball player. But would a lot of people think of a little suitcase?
[name]Shane[/name] – To me, this is dated.
[name]Finn[/name] - becoming quite popular (ie trendy?) – I think this is trendy, but it is very cute. Great as a NN for [name]Phineas[/name] or [name]Finnian[/name] and I like it very much with your last name.
[name]Jack[/name] - too bad our friends have a little boy named [name]Jack[/name]? You could just ask them if they would mind. I love the name [name]Jack[/name] even though it is popular.
[name]Axel[/name] - sorry, I don’t like this name at all. Makes me think of an axel on a car.
[name]Niall[/name] - I kind of like this. I prefer [name]Neil[/name], but it isn’t popular right now at all.
[name]Sky[/name] or [name]Skye[/name] - Sorry, I don’t like it.

Girl:
Segolene – this is beautiful, but be prepared to help people including me to know how to pronounce it.
[name]Isis[/name] – my all time favorite [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] song - Very pretty! I know exactly how to pronounce it.
[name]Dylan[/name] – see reason above. Very trendy and dated for me.
[name]Signe[/name] - don’t know how to pronounce it. Have you thought of [name]Freya[/name]?
[name]Briar[/name] - feel so-so about it.
[name]Estelle[/name] - love, but don’t like with your last name. A few minutes later - you know [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Kelly[/name] doesn’t sound bad to me now. I kind of like it. But then I’m from the melting pot of L.A. so you have to take what I say with a grain of salt. I do think [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Kelly[/name] flows, and I like the matching “el” sounds in both the first and last names.
[name]Ico[/name] (pronounced “I - co”) - We had a cat named [name]Aiko[/name]. Means “dance” in Japanese.
[name]Ciel[/name] (pronounced “seal”) I love [name]Ceil[/name] as a NN for [name]Cecilia[/name] or [name]Cecily[/name].
[name]Tirzah[/name] (pronounced “teerza”) - This might grow on me. But this minute I don’t like it that much and would need help pronouncing it.

Some guidelines:

1. Last name [name]Kelly[/name]
  2. I want to honor my danish heritage (could do w/ mn). We also like irish (husband’s heritage) and I like french names in general.
  3. Meaning IS important to me - but not always literally if it has a strong historical importance (like [name]Satchel[/name] technically meaning “bag”)

For middle names, I am very set on honoring family names from my side (husband gets the last name, I get the first two!):

Once you have a better idea of the first name, then it will be easier to pick a middle name.

[name]Marie[/name]
Haagen (pronounced “Hone” like bone)
[name]Larsen[/name]
[name]Melville[/name]
[name]Robinson[/name]

[name]Melville[/name] & Haagen are frontrunners. Plus, I always thought middle names SHOULD be something a child grows in to and never thought having a “dorky” middle name made you stand out (at least not when I was a kid).[/quote]

thanks for you thoughts! Popularity isn’t as much an issue as trendiness (ie [name]Elizabeth[/name] vs [name]Bella[/name]) so I worry about [name]Finn[/name] but not [name]Jack[/name] – does that make sense?

As for [name]Jack[/name], I just love saying it! but it has no familial or ethnic/historical meaning for us so it slips off the list. (But it’s still an all purpose nickname!)

I want to tell my child a story when they ask how we chose their name beyond just “Well, we were lying in bed one Sat. morning reading a baby name book and…”

And everyone is right - [name]Niall[/name] IS pronounced “[name]Neil[/name]” not [name]Nile[/name]. My bad, so scrap that one.

Since we live in [name]Hawaii[/name] I hear a lot of beautiful Japanese names. Is [name]Aiko[/name] for a girl or a boy? I know Akiko is a girls name but it’s a little too cutesy for me.

While I love [name]Briar[/name], I am starting to think it is rather hard to say – (and just this moment I thought of “[name]Briar[/name] [name]Briar[/name] pants on fire!” Any one else remember that tease?)

Updated list (in current preference order)

[name]Satchel[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Leif[/name]
[name]Shane[/name]

[name]Isis[/name]
Segolene (nn Sego, like Lego)
[name]Briar[/name]
(and a new one everyone is here guaranteed to hate? but that we both like) [name]Tecla[/name]

BTW, what to people think of the name [name]Lago[/name] (means “lake” in Italian and “rabbit” in greek) for either a boy or a girl?

My friend’s daughter is [name]Isis[/name] and I love it! Its such a simple but beautiful name.

For boys i like [name]Finn[/name].

This is an interesting post!

You have obviously thought alot about these names as you have given great detail into the pronounciation of the names.

[name]Finn[/name] has ben my top boys names for about 7 yrs! way before it was popular. I’ve loved it since watching the little boy, in the movie version ‘Great Expectaions’, draw fish in his boat then grow up to be [name]Ethan[/name] Hawke haha. [name]Ethan[/name] played a good looking ‘[name]Finn[/name]’!

As it’s become popular, i’ve still loved it above all others.

If [name]Satchel[/name] is your favourite name you should use that.

I love [name]Satchel[/name] [name]Finn[/name] [name]Robinson[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]

or [name]Finn[/name] Satchell [name]Robinson[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]

As for girls, again you should use your favourite! You wil always compare others to it and no doubt it has been your favourite for ages.

I love [name]Isis[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]… I also like [name]Iris[/name], [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] which are similar.

Not sure about middle names… maybe [name]Melville[/name]?

[name]Happy[/name] thinking!

[name]TIRZAH[/name]! Those Hebrew names are lovely.

I googled [name]Isis[/name] to see how to pronounce and this is what I found

The ‘I’ is pronounced like an ‘E’. The ‘S’ is pronounced like a ‘Z’.

[name]Isis[/name] sounds like E … ZeZ

to me it sounds like easy is this right?? The name looks so pretty but I don’t get how to say it!! ps…I love [name]Finn[/name]!!!

i know a niall who pronounces it kind of like nile (more like nye-al) – he’s in his 40s.
also, i totally disagree with the satchel haters. it’s a great name with a neat history. it’s hard to find a different boys’ name that doesn’t skew feminine or hippie (not that either is bad), but in my opinion, satchel is one that stays masculine and cool while not being too far out there.
satchel haagen kelly looks funny to me, but sounds really lovely.

Since you helped me so much with my choices … :smiley:

Boys:
[name]Satchel[/name] - when I saw this I thought ‘bag’, but it’s definitely grown on me. If it’s already in use in the US, then I shouldn’t think you’ll get too many ‘was that the first object which came to mind?’ questions
[name]Shane[/name] - okay.
[name]Finn[/name] - nice, but to avoid being ‘trendy’, I’d go with a longer version ([name]Phinneas[/name], perhaps) and have this as a nn.
[name]Jack[/name] - a nice, classic name. [name]How[/name] about [name]Jacob[/name]/[name]Jake[/name], since you already know a [name]Jack[/name]?
[name]Axel[/name] - mechanic. Sorry.
[name]Niall[/name] - I love, especially as it’s Irish.
[name]Sky[/name] or [name]Skye[/name] - A little hippy-cliche, for my liking, but I don’t know how common it is in the US (if it is not extremely unusual to use names like this, then it is quite handsome-sounding).

Girl:
Segolene - pretty, although not my favourite French name.
[name]Isis[/name] - a goddess :smiley: A very nice choice - I especially love names with song connections.
[name]Dylan[/name] - while it’s nice, I wouldn’t give a girl such a masculine first name (but that’s just me, I always prefer feminine names).
[name]Signe[/name] - unique and Scandinavian - a great choice. [name]How[/name] is it pronounced?
[name]Briar[/name] - individual and quite pretty, although would you like her personality to be like a thorny plant?
[name]Estelle[/name] - I personally dislike.
[name]Ico[/name] (pronounced “I - co”) - I can’t find this name anywhere - where is it from? I like it though - individual and feminine-sounding.
[name]Ciel[/name] (pronounced “seal”) - are you meaning this as the French for sky? If so, it is pronounced see-ell. I’m not fond of the trend of picking words from other cultures to use as names …
[name]Tirzah[/name] (pronounced “teerza”) - I adore this! Very unique and pretty, it sounds modern, but not “trendy”.
[name]Marie[/name] - beautiful, classic and feminine without being flamboyant. I love it.
Haagen (pronounced “Hone” like bone) - fine as a mn.
[name]Larsen[/name] - I like this one.
[name]Melville[/name] - fine as a mn.
[name]Robinson[/name] - fine as a mn.

Some more names:
Girls (Danish):
[name]Abelone[/name] - Danish form of Appollonia
[name]Anneliese[/name] (ah-neh-leez-a)
[name]Karina[/name]/[name]Carina[/name] - a derivative of [name]Katherine[/name], but is also used as a pet name (like ‘darling’) in Italian
[name]Dorothea[/name]/[name]Dorete[/name] nn [name]Dottie[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] (Dansish pronunciation is eh-leez-a, English is eh-leez)
[name]Else[/name] (ell-sa)
[name]Ida[/name]
[name]Liselotte[/name]
Lykke (lee-kah)
[name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Sofie[/name]

Boys (Danish) :
[name]Eberhard[/name]
[name]Emil[/name] (eh-meel)
[name]Jens[/name] (yens)
[name]Kasper[/name]
[name]Klaus[/name]
[name]Oskar[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Ruben[/name]
Tarben
[name]Torsten[/name]

Girls (Irish) :
Caoilfhionn (kee-lin) - also spelt Caoilinn
[name]Caoimhe[/name] (kee-va)
Ceibhfhionn/[name]Siobhan[/name] (shi-vawn)
[name]Ciara[/name] (keer-a)
[name]Isolde[/name]/[name]Iseult[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] (may-v)
[name]Niamh[/name] (neev) - can be anglicised to [name]Neve[/name]
[name]Nuala[/name] (noo-la)
[name]Orfhlaith[/name] (orla) - can be anglicised to [name]Orla[/name]
[name]Roisin[/name] (rosh-een)
[name]Saoirse[/name] (seer-sha)

Boys (Irish):
Cairbre (kahr-brah)
Caoimhin (kee-vin)
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name]
Suibhne (siv-na)

Girls (French):
[name]Agnes[/name] (there is a grave accent on the e) - ag-nyeh-z (the g is very soft)
[name]Alexandrine[/name]
[name]Alix[/name] (al-eex)
[name]Alphonsine[/name]
[name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Angeline[/name]
[name]Apolline[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] (although very popular now, because of the film)
[name]Anais[/name] (there is an umlaught on the i) - ah-nay-ees
[name]Aurelie[/name]
Celandine (a very pretty flower)
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
Eponine
[name]Manon[/name]

Boys (French):
[name]Alphonse[/name] nn [name]Alfie[/name]
[name]Amable[/name]
[name]Armand[/name]

I’m going to stop there, but if you’re interested in more French names, just say and I’ll leave a few more. I tried to put everything in alphabetical order, but I’m sorry if I got anything mixed up!
I hope this helps!

I really like [name]Isis[/name] (esp. if it from a [name]Dylan[/name] song) or [name]Briar[/name] for a girl
and [name]Leif[/name] or [name]Shane[/name] for a boy!

Since we live in [name]Hawaii[/name] I hear a lot of beautiful Japanese names. Is [name]Aiko[/name] for a girl or a boy?

[name]Aiko[/name] sounds and is a unisex name. I can see it on either a girl or boy. However, since you already have your own family ancestries to include I think it’d be challenging to incorporate yet another one!

While I love [name]Briar[/name], I am starting to think it is rather hard to say – (and just this moment I thought of “[name]Briar[/name] [name]Briar[/name] pants on fire!” Any one else remember that tease?) Where I’m from it was “liar liar” which does rhyme with [name]Briar[/name] but I would’ve have thought of it right away. I think of [name]Briar[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] from the Grimm’s fairy tale. It’s unusual for sure but has a certain charm as well.

[name]Satchel[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Leif[/name]
[name]Shane[/name]

I prefer [name]Leif[/name] from this list – ethnic but not difficult to pronounce or spell, distinctive, less trendy then [name]Satchel[/name] or [name]Finn[/name].

[name]Isis[/name]
Segolene (nn Sego, like Lego)
[name]Briar[/name]
(and a new one everyone is here guaranteed to hate? but that we both like) [name]Tecla[/name]

I also like [name]Isis[/name]. When I saw [name]Tecla[/name] I thought of Tesla, the new electric car. I think Segolene is too difficult to pronounce correctly without coaching. Maybe Celandine? What about [name]Elodie[/name]?

BTW, what to people think of the name [name]Lago[/name] (means “lake” in Italian and “rabbit” in greek) for either a boy or a girl?
I like [name]Lago[/name] for a boy but not a girl… it is very close to lego though…

Boy
[name]Satchel[/name] – I love it too
[name]Sky[/name] or [name]Skye[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] IT! (I prefer [name]Skye[/name])
[name]Kion[/name] - I know a little boy named [name]Kion[/name] [name]Wilford[/name], and he’s a cutie pie!
Spye
[name]Kendrick[/name]
[name]Calypso[/name]
[name]Chanson[/name]

Girl:
[name]Isis[/name] – Not bad.
[name]Briar[/name] – Like [name]Briar[/name] [name]Rose[/name]? I think it’s cool
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Ciel[/name] – Great!
Dias – (pronounced [name]Dee[/name]/UHHz)
[name]Narnia[/name] for MN sounds cool

I love [name]Estelle[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] (not too trendy, #368 on the popularity list).

[name]Satchel[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Satchel[/name]. So cute and interesting without being way over the top.
[name]Finn[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Finn[/name]. [name]Favorite[/name].
[name]Leif[/name]: Not my style.
[name]Shane[/name]: Okay

[name]Isis[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Isis[/name]. Very pretty.
Segolene (nn Sego, like Lego): I’ve never heard this name, but there is definitely something to it.
[name]Briar[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Briar[/name]. Such a sweet name.
[name]Tecla[/name]: Interesting

My vote would be for [name]Satchel[/name] [name]Kelly[/name] and [name]Isis[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]. Good luck!