I like girly or feminine names for boys. Add your names to the post for those other mommies out there searching for a spunky name for their little boys!

I want my son to have a strong, intelligent name so that is why I’ve chosen each name on the list. There are many other strong and intelligent women throughout history, so go ahead people and name all those awesome women with their womanly names so my son can have a truly ‘spunky’ name!!

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

[name_u]Joan[/name_u]

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]

[name_u]Marie[/name_u]

[name_f]Grace[/name_f]

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]

[name_f]Heloise[/name_f]

[name_f]Mary[/name_f]

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]

[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]

[name_u]Simone[/name_u]

[name_f]Aphra[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

1 Like

I can’t imagine any of those names on a boy but to add to the list of boys names that have been appropriated by girls that I still find supremely handsome:

[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]

And I second [name_u]Laurie[/name_u], [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]!

1 Like

Linden and [name_u]Blair[/name_u] are both some of my all time favorite names. I’ve seen both be used for girls and boys.
Other ideas:
[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]
[name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_u]Addison[/name_u]

1 Like

Honestly, I can’t see any of those names on a boy. There are some great, soft unisex names that sound fabulous on boys, but I feel that any of those highly feminine names would lead to a lot of teasing and drama for a little boy.

Some soft, unisex names, I like include:
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_u]Peyton[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]

4 Likes

Adding [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_u]Ira[/name_u]!

1 Like

Is this post trolling?

6 Likes

I am just having some fun here. This post is not to be taken seriously lol :joy:

1 Like

I think you are ahead of even most namenerds when it comes to feminine names for boys! I can see [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_u]Simone[/name_u] on a little boy (possibly because of the names [name_u]Grayson[/name_u], [name_u]Asa[/name_u] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m]). I personally love [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_u]Casey[/name_u] for boys but they are definitely unisex (though in my own social circle they lean girl).

[name_u]Raven[/name_u] would make an strong boy’s name with cool imagery. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is nice too.

I posted a thread exploring the same subject, you might find some great ideas here!

What are your favorite girls names for boys?

1 Like

@may.rose Yes! [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] is a great one!

1 Like

@Katherine_Pierce If you’re meaning it as a game, perhaps pop it in the #baby-name-games category, so that people don’t get confused :blush:

3 Likes

Darcy is one that I prefer for a boy, but most people see it as a girl’s name. [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] is also an option.

Monico
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]

I’m really not a fan of feminine names for boys and masculine names for girls. I think it’s great you want to name your son after people who inspire you, but your son WILL BE TEASED. I think name your son a girls name is way worse than naming your son an obscure name. Have you considered going more gender neutral?

Blaine
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Alex[/name_u]

I know a [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and an [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] that are boys. They’ve never been teased that I know of and they’re very “manly”- maybe that’s why they carry the names off! There are a lot of names that sound feminine to use today that used to be strictly male names- [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] being a case in point.
Other male turned female names include:
[name_u]Allison[/name_u]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_u]Dana[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Hillary[/name_u]
[name_u]Kim[/name_u]
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]
[name_f]Maddison[/name_f]
[name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_u]Michele[/name_u]
[name_u]Paris[/name_u]
[name_u]Shannon[/name_u]
[name_u]Skyler[/name_u]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_u]Whitney[/name_u]

1 Like

I know a [name_f]Joy[/name_f] thats a man. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] also seems quite feminine.

I am not joking about any of these names, I really love them for boys - and most of them only for boys!

VIVIAN

Courtney

Valerie

Evelyn

Laurie

Leslie

Clare

Florian

Brooke

AUBREY

SASHA

SKYLAR

BELLAMY

2 Likes

Similar to @EJpuddlejumper these are actually names on my list that I am considering using.

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]
[name_u]Honor[/name_u]
[name_u]Kim[/name_u] / [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]

I would add that despite it’s overwhelming popularity for girls, [name_f]Emma[/name_f] just seems like a name that could work for a boy. I would love to meet a boy named [name_f]Emma[/name_f].

ETA. Cary, Carol and Clair have also piqued my interest as older style names evoking a kind of film noir feeling.

Milan

1 Like

I know a boy named [name_f]Mil[/name_f]@n, he’s in my class at school

Casey and [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]. I really don’t like either for girls.

2 Likes