I really dislike..

What names do you often give an eye roll or you just can’t stand??

Please post your thoughts.

For me, it’s boys names that have [name_u]Ayden[/name_u]/[name_u]Aiden[/name_u] in them. I cringe at the thought of names like [name_u]Brayden[/name_u], [name_m]Kaiden[/name_m] etc.

I don’t know why but I can’t stand the names [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Aisha[/name_f]. They are completely unrelated but since I was a child I disliked those two names. :frowning: They are nice names though

Anything like [name_f]Snow[/name_f], [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_u]Rain[/name_u], etc. I do like [name_f]Rayna[/name_f] however.

• [name_f]Asha[/name_f] names- [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], [name_f]Asha[/name_f], [name_f]Tasha[/name_f], etc

[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]- I just hate it

Anything such as [name_m]Don[/name_m], [name_m]Ron[/name_m], [name_m]Donald[/name_m], [name_m]Ronald[/name_m], etc.

Strange spellings- Ryver, [name_f]Hasel[/name_f], [name_f]Grayce[/name_f], etc.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] all in all strange names- [name_f]Daenerys[/name_f], Borla, Erdenay, [name_m]Terran[/name_m], [name_u]Seren[/name_u],

[name_m]Soren[/name_m]

[name_u]Clair[/name_u]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f]

I love long As, but I just don’t love [name_f]Faye[/name_f] or [name_u]Bay[/name_u]. [name_f]Mae[/name_f] in the middle also irks me.

[name_m]Charles[/name_m]/[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

I also have to agree that I can’t stand the [name_u]Aiden[/name_u]/[name_u]Brayden[/name_u]/[name_u]Kayden[/name_u] theme that is running around for the last years. I used to love the name [name_m]Kaiden[/name_m] too, then it just got so popular and I couldn’t handle it.

I hate nature/sappy-sweet word names like [name_f]Starlit[/name_f], [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f], [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_f]Spring[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Flower[/name_f], [name_u]Bliss[/name_u], [name_f]Precious[/name_f], [name_f]Treasure[/name_f], [name_f]Jewel[/name_f], [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] etc.
I also really hate most biblical names- especially those ending in “-ah”. [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m], [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m], [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], [name_u]Noah[/name_u] are all deplorable and disgracefully over-used. And don’t get me started on [name_m]Mark[/name_m], [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], and [name_m]John[/name_m]. Unoriginality at its finest. The only biblical names I’ve ever liked are [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], and [name_m]Malachi[/name_m].
I detest most occupational names such as [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_u]Hunter[/name_u], and [name_u]Taylor[/name_u].
I cringe every time I see “[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]” or “[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]” being glorified as acceptable first names.

I like some of the ayden names, but not the aiden or aden spellings. [name_m]Cayden[/name_m]/[name_u]Kayden[/name_u], I like. [name_m]Caden[/name_m]/[name_m]Caiden[/name_m]/[name_m]Kaiden[/name_m]/[name_m]Kaden[/name_m] just look too plain.

The names I dislike are the ones that almost everyone likes. I could give reasons, but I’ve already went over it so many times and don’t feel like arguing anymore.
I dislike:
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_u]Poet[/name_u], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Ryder[/name_m] most of all.

I cringe whenever I hear [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]. I can’t explain why, maybe just overuse.

Names that begin in A and end in A. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Ariana[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_f]Annabella[/name_f], etc.

I agree with you about [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]. I never cared about popularity but this name sounds so close with a slang word in my native language and I can’t stand the connection

I dislike and popular names, particularly [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]/[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] though I don’t mind [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. I tend to dislike a name that has a main variant used for either gender, [name_m]Charles[/name_m]/[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]/[name_u]Charlie[/name_u], but instead like a lesser known variant, Charlisse/[name_f]Charlize[/name_f]. Also traditional/olden names, like [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] and [name_m]John[/name_m].

I dislike very cutesy names : [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]/[name_f]Sofia[/name_f],
Names that are highly overused : any of the [name_u]Aden[/name_u] family, [name_u]Logan[/name_u], [name_u]Madison[/name_u], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]
Also not a fan of names with really harsh sounds for girls: [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u], [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Kyla[/name_f], [name_f]Prudence[/name_f]
Either gender names used on the less common of two genders: [name_u]Clare[/name_u] (boy), [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] (boy), [name_u]Hunter[/name_u] (girl), [name_u]Riley[/name_u] (boy) etc
Weird and untraditional spellings : [name_f]Kaydence[/name_f], [name_f]Baileigh[/name_f], [name_f]Lea[/name_f], [name_u]Rylie[/name_u]
[name_m]Stuffy[/name_m] old names as first names : [name_f]Pamela[/name_f], [name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f], [name_m]Richard[/name_m], [name_m]Robert[/name_m], [name_f]Olga[/name_f]

Posted twice by mistake!

I can’t stand made up or misspelled names (kreative spellings) like [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f], Kaydance, Ryver, etc. They just seem tacky and uneducated.

I also don’t like names that I just don’t think age well or work on people like [name_u]Onyx[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f], [name_m]Zeus[/name_m], [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], etc

I dislike all the [name_u]Ayden[/name_u] names. Enough with them.

I dislike [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/a [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]/a and all names under the top 200 especially the top 10. Hate popular trendy names.

I really dislike boys names on girls like [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and the likes, though [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] and [name_f]Emmanuelle[/name_f] are ok and are unisex.

Not a fan of [name_u]Riley[/name_u] or [name_u]Kiley[/name_u] or any iley name. Dislike any Mc names like [name_f]Mckenna[/name_f], [name_u]Mckinley[/name_u]. Not a fan of names like [name_m]Ryker[/name_m].

And why is [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] still so popular its a nice name like so many other popular biblical names like [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_u]Michael[/name_u], but time for them to move on! I really dislike popular names and trendy ones.

Most of all rhyming names or same initials or two very different styles of names on twins.

I think everyone’s hit all of my least favourite things already, so there’s no use in repeating, but here are a few more things that make me roll my eyes…

The made-up name trend, especially for girls. Names like Bryleigh, Jaylynn, Lakynn… Basically when people take a sound and then add a -leigh or a -lynn to it, I automatically hate it.

Abused middle names. Jane, Lynn, Elizabeth, Nicole, Grace, May/Mae, Jade, and for boys Michael. On here, I’d say Wren is also a name that makes me roll my eyes when I see it crammed in the middle spot, or any spot really.

Unrelated nicknames. Okay, I get that nicknames are just nicknames, and that nicknames can be anything. However, when I see Christabelle nn Apple as a name possibility for a kid that isn’t even born… just, why?

About 90% of Nameberry’s top names, because I see them everywhere on here. Also, the names that are overly popular outside of Nameberry. Especially if they have 20 different spellings. Mackenzie, Madison, Brooklyn, Riley, Kayden, Jayden… Some I do like, like Olivia or Sophia, but when it feels like every little girl I meet is named some variant of Mckenzie/Mackenzie/Mackenzi/M’kenzie, it gets old really quickly.

Butchered spellings of traditional names. I’m not talking about Emilie instead of Emily, I mean Emmaleigh instead of Emily. Emily is significantly shorter and it sounds the exact same. What was the point in spelling a name with 20 extra letters?

I laugh when I see people say they hate names, and yet their signatures are riddled with the exact thing they hate :wink:

I never understood the appeal of [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], it’s a fruit for goodness’ sake!

First off, no offense to anyone who has these names or loves these names. Usually I dislike names because of who I associate them with.

[name_f]Diane[/name_f] - along with many other D names. I just really don’t care for them and idk why.
[name_f]Mariah[/name_f]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
McKenzie

I also don’t tend to like names with unique spellings.

Super common middle names kind of drive me nuts too. Unless it’s sentimental. My mn is [name_f]Marie[/name_f], but it is for 2 of my cousins and their two daughters, as well.

I have an irrational dislike of the name [name_u]Kyle[/name_u]. I honestly have no idea why, I don’t know any so it’s not due to negative connotations but for some reason I just really, really don’t like it. Aside from that my only real dislikes are ones that have been mangled in the name of individuality and word names like [name_f]Precious[/name_f] and [name_f]Princess[/name_f]/[name_m]Prince[/name_m]. While some names might not be to my taste I can usually see the appeal they might have to others.

Names like [name_u]Madison[/name_u], [name_u]Addison[/name_u], [name_u]Emery[/name_u], [name_f]Halli[/name_f] etc. The “ayden” names. Boys/“unisex” names on girls. Kreeativ spellings. “filler” middles like [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]May[/name_f]/[name_f]Mae[/name_f] (unless its a family name) and really popular names used over and over (and I don’t mean classics like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] or [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]…I mean names like [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_u]Noah[/name_u] etc) and those names that feel made up, even if they weren’t. Like [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] and [name_f]Aviana[/name_f].