I really dislike..

Most names I can get behind, but the name I honestly dislike the most is [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] on a girl. It might be because I know quite a few guys named [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] but idk that name just irks me.

I really dislike [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] too, on both genders. It just doesn’t have an appeal to me, and contrary to the nameberry description, I don’t think the ‘sloane ranger’ connection is a good one at all!

I don’t get the love for Wren. It’s a bird that eats worms, not an association I like in a name

I really agree on [name_u]Sloane[/name_u].
I also really dislike [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] / [name_f]Darcie[/name_f] / [name_u]Darcey[/name_u] on a girl. Or on a boy for that matter.

girls names on boys - [name_u]Madison[/name_u], [name_u]Dakota[/name_u], [name_u]Kelly[/name_u], [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_u]Casey[/name_u], [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]. All traditionally girls names!

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] - this makes me cringe every time and I have no proper reasoning behind it, I just seriously cannot stand it.
[name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] - again, I have no reason to dislike it, but no real reason why other than a child I once worked with.
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u] - I’ve grown up with so many, mostly male but a few female, I’m entirely sick of it.
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] - I’ve yet to meet a nice [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], and the one I grew up with was horrid.
[name_u]Jace[/name_u] - I absolutely loathe the name [name_u]Jace[/name_u], it’s like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] for me.

Mackenzie and all other names that mean son of X, especially when used on a girl, ESPECIALLY when the father’s name is not X! Drives. Me. Nuts.

Occupational names - I don’t understand why someone would want to name their child Carter! Do you really want them to haul freight as a career? I know this is just me being too literal with names, but I can’t help it :stuck_out_tongue:

Nevaeh…sigh. Just use Neve or Neviah instead!

Also, oddly, Charlotte. I really ought to like Charlotte, it’s my style other than being really popular right now, I just think it’s a really aesthetically displeasing name.

I HATE the name [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], It’s so overused and I’ve never met a nice girl with the name [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]. However, I do love the spelling [name_f]Cera[/name_f].

made up names with the lyn/lee suffix (Braylee, Brinliegh, Kinsley Breelyn etc)
made up spellings (Rayne, Grayce, Hasel, Ayden etc)
“Cutesy” nicknames as given names (Sophie, Libby, Ella, Lizzie, Lexi, Missy, Charlie etc)

• ly names on boys (Finley, Sidney, Ashleigh etc)
    names that don’t age well (Ryder, Raylan, Brayden etc)
    place names, especially India and Georgia
    feminine forms of male names (Charlotte, Andrea, Alexandria etc)
    names that mean son of x on girls like Makenzie (I don’t like Makenzie on boys either though to be honest)

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_m]Enzo[/name_m]; I don’t understand the appeal at all, and when I hear them, I just think “Wow, you really want an obscure name bad enough to saddle your poor kid with that??” But I’m very picky about boy names in general.

The only name that I dislike is [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], and thats because its a sexual term in my country.

There are a lot of names that I dislike or don’t see the appeal of, but the three I’m probably most sick of are [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], and [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]. I don’t like the sound of [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] and just don’t see the appeal. [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] just seems so overly frilly and snobby to me. I know these are [name_u]Berry[/name_u] favorites, but I can’t stand them.

[name_m]Cooper[/name_m] and [name_u]Carter[/name_u] first come to mind. I’m not really sure why, I’m afraid, as I don’t mind names like [name_u]Harper[/name_u] or anything, and I like [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]. I feel like I should like [name_m]Cooper[/name_m] and [name_u]Carter[/name_u], too, but I really can’t :frowning: Strange spellings also bother me. Like, they have a nice, pretty sounding name, but now no one can spell it right? Someone already said ‘cutesy’ nicknames as full first names. Strong, totally and completely boy names being used for girls. And I don’t think I could ever dislike a name just because it’s popular, but there are a few popular names right now that I can’t stop disliking. Namely, [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_u]Riley[/name_u].
But, of course, there are usually some exceptions. And if anybody likes these things, I’m sorry :frowning:

I sort of hate names in various groupings, I guess,

First:
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerita[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
Pretty much any of these ‘Marg’ or ‘[name_f]Mag[/name_f]’ names except [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] (I love any spelling but this one particularly).
I also dislike all nicknames associated with these names i.e. [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] (why I would hesitate to use [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] in case anyone tried to call my kid by a nickname)

What I call “cowboy names”:
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Colt[/name_m]
etc.

Some Southerbell-ish names:
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] (again)
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
etc.

Others are:
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_u]Sloane[/name_u] (on either gender)

I’m sure there’s others but these are some of the main ones. I don’t necessarily have bad associations (in fact I’ve met lovely people with a few of these names), I just find there look and sound ugly.

My [name_f]MIL[/name_f] suggested [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] as a middle name for my child recently. Nothing about that name is appealing to me, and honestly I was a little offended.

I was just thinking about how we needed another thread like this!

I don’t really get the hatrid for [name_u]Ayden[/name_u]/[name_u]Kayden[/name_u] names, I’ve only known maybe 6 children with names ending in [name_u]Ayden[/name_u] my whole life, and the youngest is about 6 now. Maybe it’s something never caught on in my area? Haha.

I know I’ve posted before, but I have a few;

[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Jace[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_f]Sian[/name_f]
[name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]
[name_m]Bear[/name_m]/[name_m]Wolf[/name_m]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (In theory, I love it, but I have such a terrible family connection with it thanks to one of my cousins (though my Aunty [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is lovely))
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Donna[/name_f]
[name_u]Tracey[/name_u]/[name_u]Tracy[/name_u]
[name_f]Susan[/name_f]
[name_f]Tara[/name_f]
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
[name_u]Sloane[/name_u]

However, I’ve really been loving dated names from [name_f]England[/name_f] right now, and I know quite a few of these fit in well with them. I just still can’t get myself behind them, yet [name_f]Kirsty[/name_f] and [name_f]Kayleigh[/name_f] I adore.

[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]! I hate it! [name_m]Jake[/name_m] is ok, but that ‘B’ at the end is so unsettling to me. I also know [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] to have a horrible meaning. (I don’t know what it is on nameberry, but A bible edition I came across gave it a horrible meaning).
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] & [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], horrible names. [name_u]Wren[/name_u] make me think of a wench, shitty attitude and a chicken coop. [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] I feel like the parents were trying to hard to give a ‘cool name’.
Although I like the name [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], and a few of the variants, it now pisses me off immensely when I hear it or a variant was the baby name of choice. Time to move on people!

[name_f]Chrissy[/name_f]
[name_f]Psyche[/name_f]
[name_f]Oralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Khaleesi[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Maxima[/name_f]
[name_f]Lux[/name_f]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Aryan[/name_m]
[name_m]Knox[/name_m]

[name_f]Maryjane[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and anyother name that is slang for drugs, they are lovely names in theory but i cannot get past that association. In continuation of that, any name that has a strong alternative meaning/ is a slang term for somthing negative. Like Aryan for example, lets be honest preople will only hear Aryan Nation when introduced to a little Aryan.