Ideas for a baby girl

I’m expecting in [name]August[/name], we’re so excited! Can you give me some input on my top picks?

Beatle- inspired by my boyfriend’s favorite band, thinking of ‘[name]Bea[/name]’ as a nickname ([name]Beatrice[/name] also possible)
[name]Precious[/name]- love these word names! so cute!
Apricot- evokes beautiful imagery
Druby- combo of [name]Drew[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name], my grandparent’s names
Genevievabelle- more unique than [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Azul[/name]- a spanish twist on [name]Blue[/name]
Puella- the Latin word for girl
[name]Allegra[/name]- the imagery!
Gerber- my favorite flower the Gerber [name]Daisy[/name]
Wondifera- sarcastically put out by my boyfriend, but I actually like it

Any more suggestions welcome, thanks so much for your help!!! :slight_smile:

Here’s some brutal honesty from me. I dislike most of these names, they sound just awful. To my ears, anyway. Sorry for ripping apart your list if you didn’t want it to be so heavily criticized.

Beatle: I definitely prefer [name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Beatrix[/name]. Beatle just reminds me of Beetle which is…ew.

[name]Precious[/name]: Considered trashy or ghetto where I’m from. Not sure about where you are.

Apricot: This one isn’t too bad.

Druby: Despite the nice association, it sounds terrible and made up. [name]Rue[/name] would make a better combination.

Genevievabelle: Awful mash-up.

[name]Azul[/name]: This one is fine.

Puella: Not a fan.

[name]Allegra[/name]: Reminds me of the allergy medication.

Gerber: Life insurance. Enough said.

Wondifera: I’m glad your boyfriend was sarcastic about this one, because it’s bad. Really bad.

lovejaybayy: thank you so much for your feedback. I agree that [name]Beatrice[/name] is much better than Beatle but my boyfriend is really pushing for the latter! I still love Druby, but thanks for the suggestion of [name]Rue[/name]!

Sorry, but most of these names are problematic at best.

Beatle - sounds more like a bug than a name!

[name]Precious[/name] - this would make a cute NN for a little girl but as a given name it screams stripper to me

Apricot - cute but better as a middle name to me. It could work though

Druby - very cute symbolism not so cute name I like the suggestion of [name]Rue[/name] if maybe [name]Ruby[/name]-[name]Drew[/name] as a double barrel name

Genevievabelle - [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Belle[/name] would have been stunning why ruin two good names this wy?

[name]Azul[/name] - this sounds a little masculine to me but usable. What about [name]Indigo[/name]?

Puella - it remins me of puke because of the first syllable. [name]Penina[/name] perhaps?

[name]Allegra[/name] - I think of the medicine a sell but I’ve seen it used and it works I just don’t like it

Gerber - she will never live down the baby food jokes!

Wondifera - stripper, definitely stripper!

dillonsfan: what if I spelled Druby differently, because I really do like it? [name]How[/name] about Drewbie?

Beatle - I prefer using [name]Beatrice[/name] with the nn [name]Bea[/name], that is very nice. Beatle just makes me think of Beetle Juice the movie.
[name]Precious[/name] - This sounds like what you call your daughter as a nickname. [name]Precious[/name] might seem cute when she’s a baby, but when she goes to get a job it could be problematic. It would be hard to take a resume serious if the person’s name was [name]Precious[/name].
Apricot - NMS.
Druby - This one is very interesting to me, love that it honors family have you considered naming your daughter [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Drew[/name] ([name]Ruby[/name] as fn and [name]Drew[/name] as mn or having a double barreled first name [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Drew[/name]?)
Genevievabelle- It’s a mouthful, that would be difficult for a little girl to learn how to spell.
[name]Azul[/name] - Pretty
Puella - NMS
[name]Allegra[/name] -[name]Even[/name] though this name is taken by the allergy medication I do think this name is very pretty!
Gerber - baby food is my first thought, and I can see her being made fun of in school b/c of it.

The only name I like from your list is [name]Allegra[/name]. It’s the most prettiest and the most usable.

Beatle - Sounds way too harsh for a little girl. [name]Beatrice[/name] is MUCH better for the nickname [name]Bea[/name]. Or if you want to honour the bad, why not choose something like [name]Paula[/name]…or even [name]Lennon[/name]? More usuable than Beatle.
[name]Precious[/name] - This sounds like a name you would give your cat or dog. It might be cute for a nickname (like calling someone sweetie, honey, darling etc), but I can’t see them being taken seriously when they get older.
Apricot - I don’t like fruit names.
Druby - Sounds like “droopy”. If you want to honour your grandparents why not [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Drew[/name]? That sounds perfectly lovely to me.
Genevievabelle - Sure it might be more unique, But I hate smoosh names. They don’t sound intelligent, and your gonna give someone a headache when they have to go and spell it.
[name]Azul[/name] - This one isn’t bad, perse…but I wouldn’t use it personally.
Puella - sorry, I can’t get over the “Pu” beginning.
Gerber - Again, sounds kind of harsh for a girl.
Wondifera - If your boyfriend was being sarcastic, don’t use it. It sounds horribly made up.

jtucker: I love you! I honestly had never thought of [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Drew[/name], but I love it!

[name]Glad[/name] that I could be of some assistance! :smiley:

I’m going to be really honest, sorry if you don’t like it! But you have a great start! good luck :slight_smile:

Beatle- cool, but [name]Beatrice[/name] would be better. Beatle sounds more like a nickname, and kids will tease her about the bug.
[name]Precious[/name]-I love word names, but imagine a teenager, a college student, a girl at the club, a girl at work named [name]Precious[/name]. This name screams ‘exotic dancer’ after age 7
Apricot- actually like it, another one you would want a normal middle and possibly a nn since it is so direct (reminds me of everyone’s blow up at the name [name]Apple[/name] and [name]Honey[/name])
Druby- it’s ok, i would like it more as a middle since it sounds made up and kind of like “[name]Derby[/name]” (though you could nn her [name]Ruby[/name] which would be cute)
Genevievabelle- that’s too much name, sorry
[name]Azul[/name]- i actually like this, but you may want a more normal and gender defining middle
Puella- i don’t love to “poo” sound at the beginning
[name]Allegra[/name]- Pretty, but what imagery if i may ask?
Gerber- I love Gerber Dasies, but Gerber? Like the baby brand?
Wondifera

When I picture [name]Allegra[/name] I think of flowing streams in the mountains, waterfalls in the spring time, and the ocean on a calm day. Also considering [name]Phoebe[/name], but my boyfriend doesn’t like it.

…Drewbie?

Okay, not sure if this is a troll or not, but here goes:

Beatle would make a really cute nick name, but a terrible given name. To honour the Beatles, consider: [name]Prudence[/name], [name]Abbey[/name] (as in Road), [name]Julia[/name], White (as in Album).

[name]Precious[/name] is goofy, unless you’re giving birth to a metal.

Apricot. Okay. Pretty random as fruit go. But okay.

Druby - I prefer suggestions [name]Rue[/name], [name]Ruby[/name]-[name]Drew[/name]. Druby sounds awful to my ears.

Geneeewhateverbelle - [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Geneva[/name] are very uncommon names. Not sure why you’d add a [name]Belle[/name] to it.

Gerber???

All of these names would be terrible for a child to live with. I’m not one to usually say that, as I had a very difficult name growing up myself, and loved it…but Gerber?

Thanks for the input, cosmonaut, I am considering [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Drew[/name].

Sorry, but I’m calling troll. [name]Stone[/name] [name]Lucifer[/name] is on your boys’ list? Genevievunbelievabelle!
That’s ok, I’ll play anyway.

I think [name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Beatrix[/name] with the nickname [name]Bea[/name] or Beatle is the best.
[name]Joan[/name], [name]Pauline[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Margo[/name] could be Beatle stand-ins.

[name]Azul[/name] is kind of great, though it does make me think of Zul from the Ghostbusters movies. [name]Azure[/name]?
[name]Allegra[/name] is pretty, cheerful and bright.

I’ll try to put this gently, but I really don’t like most of these.

Beatle - If you want to honor The Beatles, choose a legitimate name (like a song title or something). [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Bea[/name] are cute.
[name]Precious[/name]- [name]Do[/name] you want your daughter to be a stripper? If so, go with this one! If not, remove it immediately.
Apricot- What imagery, may I ask? Although it is one of the better ones on your list. Apricots are quite delicious!
Druby- [name]Love[/name] the family connection! I like the name, though I prefer [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Drew[/name] for a girl.
Genevievabelle- [name]How[/name] about [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Belle[/name]?
[name]Azul[/name]- I actually love it!
Puella- “Poo”-ella. She will be teased mercilessly.
[name]Allegra[/name]- The imagery of sneezing?
Gerber- Why Gerber? It’s a baby food brand and insurance. [name]Just[/name] go with [name]Daisy[/name]. Much cuter!
Wondifera- Excuse me, what?

Druby may be mispronounced with a short u: Drubby.

It also sounds like Droopy or Newbie, neither of which are positive associations. What about First name [name]Ruby[/name], middle name [name]Drew[/name].

If a potential future boy is [name]Jozef[/name], you’ll want to think about the sibset. [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Jozef[/name] sound adorable together, no?

I am now considering [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Drew[/name] instead of Druby, but I really love Druby. [name]Do[/name] you think I could use it as a middle?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Drusilla[/name], that way you could get the nicknames Drool and [name]Silly[/name] too? Not to mention Ruse.

Beatle, [name]Precious[/name], Apricot, Genevievabelle, [name]Azul[/name], Puella, Gerber and Wonderifa are all just completely unusable. Sorry.

If you are not a troll, then here are my suggestions.

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Drew[/name] is cute. I was never fond of unisex names, but it has meaning and it flows nicely. I see a little girl with pigtails, it’s adorable.
If your favorite flower is a [name]Daisy[/name], what about just [name]Daisy[/name]? [name]Daisy[/name] is darling! And I wholly believe that anything can go in the middle, so why not [name]Daisy[/name] Druby? I has a sweet ring to it.
[name]Beatrice[/name] Druby, [name]Genevieve[/name] Druby, [name]Belle[/name] Druby are all nice, legitimate names too. And a few other possible nicknames for [name]Beatrice[/name] is [name]Birdie[/name] or [name]Trixie[/name] or [name]Betty[/name]. (I really like [name]Birdie[/name]!).

Good luck then! :slight_smile:

emma: [name]Drusilla[/name] is the name of a crazy [name]Buffy[/name] the Vampire Slayer vampire, I’m sorry I can’t do it. And I don’t appreciate the nn Drool, [name]Silly[/name], or Ruse why would you even post that?
cupcake: thanks for the Druby middle name suggestions!