If you could rename yourself?

If you could give yourself another name, what would it be? Give two names…
For the first name, pick your absolute favorite name that you would use for yourself.
For the second name pick your favorite name for yourself from the same year you were born, but it has to be in the top 100 the year you were born. To figure that out, you can go to Popular Baby Names.

Here’s mine:
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Danielle[/name] or [name]Michelle[/name] (i couldn’t decide between the 2)

[name]Freya[/name] (my name right now. I would never change it!)
[name]Grace[/name] (I like [name]Freya[/name] [name]Grace[/name] more than [name]Freya[/name] [name]Maureen[/name], though)

Ooh fun topic!

Fave name: [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name]
Best of 1984 (this is a terrible list!): I’ll stick with some old classics, [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Laura[/name], and go by [name]Beth[/name] or [name]Betsy[/name] :smiley:

1. [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - I would go by [name]Susan[/name]
    (or [name]Clarissa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]).

2. [name]Susan[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
    ([name]Both[/name] were Top 100; [name]Jane[/name] is my actual mn, which I would want to keep.)

Great topic!

For a first name, I’d choose [name]Alice[/name], because it would have been my name if my mom didn’t dislike it (and I love it so much more than the name my parents eventually chose!). For a middle name, I’d go with [name]Viola[/name], and if I were to use two middle names, I’d choose [name]Alice[/name] [name]Viola[/name] [name]Delphine[/name].

From the Top 100 of the year I was born, [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Miranda[/name] are my favorites, but I think that [name]Catherine[/name] fits me best, so I’d go with [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], possibly with [name]Cate[/name] as a nickname. If I gave myself two middle names, I’d be [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].

:slight_smile:

i would pick annabel nn annie for myself. DH and i talk about changing my name all the time, i just don’t “'feel” like a jamie. we’ve agreed that i look like an annabel =)

a name from my birth year, probably holly.

Oh fun! I am [name]Jordan[/name] and I actually like my name but…
fav name (as of today)- [name]Leah[/name]
favorite for 1987- I’m going to stick with a classic, [name]Sarah[/name]. I could go with [name]Whitney[/name] too.

1. [name]Kate[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
  2. [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Haley[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

(Name I [name]Love[/name] That Suits Me) [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
or (of Top 100 '95) [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name]. (:

NameGoddess

*Note: There are quite a few Elizabeths. More proof that this name survives everything and will always be classic?

I love my name, [name]Gabrielle[/name] [name]Carolina[/name] nn [name]Bella[/name], and I would never change it, however when I was younger I wanted to be [name]Mary[/name] [name]Rose[/name], both names still sound heavenly to me, but I’ve given [name]Mary[/name] a make-over as [name]Marion[/name] nn [name]Mari[/name].

So, for fun, if I had to change my name-

[name]Phaedra[/name] [name]Esperanza[/name], which is “Glowing [name]Hope[/name]” I really like that!

and for my year of birth ([name]Gabrielle[/name] is on there, too) I would be
[name]Sabrina[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]!

My favourite name: [name]Valentina[/name]
Name from top 100 of 1995( i doont like any of them): [name]Alexa[/name]
My old name: [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
My new name: [name]Valentina[/name] [name]Alexa[/name]

…they’re so similar

My favorite girls name: [name]Lydia[/name], which was actually a choice for me. I think I look like a [name]Kaitlin[/name], but my mom still wishes she had named me [name]Lydia[/name].

So I would stick close to my original name with [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

From the top 100 the year I was born (1990), let’s see… there are actually a few that I like. [name]Danielle[/name], [name]Jenna[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Meghan[/name], [name]Paige[/name], and [name]Abigail[/name]. I like [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] the best, but I think I look like a [name]Meghan[/name], so let’s go with that.

[name]Meghan[/name] [name]Danielle[/name].

I am [name]Carolina[/name].
But I’d like to be called [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] .

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] :slight_smile:

name I would chose for myself: [name]Johanna[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
name from top 100: [name]Anna[/name]

[name]Amelie[/name].
[name]Amanda[/name].

• Anon.

[name]Maria[/name] or [name]Madeleine[/name].

I really love my name, but maybe something a little less popular? I chose two combos that really sound like names I would have.
For my fav name choice:
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Livia[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name] ([name]Harper[/name], [name]Liv[/name] or [name]Jo[/name])
Or
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Simone[/name] ([name]Bee[/name], Ris, [name]Ivy[/name], Simka, [name]Mo[/name] or [name]Mona[/name])

For my Birth year list:

[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] ([name]Kit[/name], [name]Kat[/name] or [name]Liv[/name])

I also wish [name]Jezebel[/name] & [name]Jemima[/name] didn’t have the associations they have, I would have made a killer [name]Jemima[/name] :wink:

[name]Isabel[/name]

[name]Isabel[/name]

My favorite girls name: [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

From the top 100 the year I was born: [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anne[/name]

I don’t know if I would change mine! I like [name]Cassandra[/name] now. But I might like the alternative my mom wanted - [name]Samantha[/name], more.