If you had to choose ONE boys name as THE perfect name...

What would you choose at this point in time? :slight_smile: (and if you feel like adding why you’re choosing it)

I know this won’t be easy because there are sooo many favourites but I’m just curious if you HAD to choose.

Looking forward to seeing everyone’s #1 choices! :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess if I had to choose just one “perfect” boys’ name, it would be [name]DANIEL[/name] (my first son’s name). I am choosing it based on how it sounds both beautiful and very manly at the same time.

Close runner-ups are [name]Eric[/name], [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Peter[/name], and for many years, I considered [name]David[/name] to be the ultimate boys’ name.

Probably [name]Leo[/name]. It’s very strong and [name]Lee[/name] is a family name and I feel as though [name]Leo[/name] honors that. I would be naming my son for my dad [name]Gary[/name] [name]Lee[/name] <–> [name]Leo[/name] [name]Garren[/name]. :slight_smile:

For me it is [name]David[/name], with [name]Matthew[/name] a close follow-up. [name]Both[/name] manly, classic, handsome names used consistently for many, many years.

I think [name]David[/name] and [name]William[/name] are probably my top of names that are always good for boys, that I always like.

However, the weird thing is they aren’t names I would currently pick for children with the person I’m with now. They’re lovely names but don’t feel like my (potential) children with this person.

Does that make sense?

[name]Henry[/name]! Hands down [name]Henry[/name]. I can’t find anything wrong with it and just hearing it makes me smile!

([name]Leo[/name] is second; I’ve always loved it!)

I would choose [name]Peter[/name] because that is my son’s name, and we all love it. [name]Leo[/name], [name]Lionel[/name], [name]Leopold[/name] is cool, too. Also love [name]Thomas[/name] so much! And [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Nicholas[/name]. And [name]Henry[/name] and [name]William[/name]!

My favourite boy’s name is definitely [name]Gabriel[/name]. I think it’s handsome and classic, and totally adorable!

The perfect boys name…"[name]James[/name]"…classic, beautiful, strong, with good choices for nicknames, never goes out of style, never becomes over popular…

[name]Henry[/name] would be my favorite. It’s approved by everyone in my family, which is always a plus. I’m not the biggest fan of nicknames for boys (some are okay) and [name]Henry[/name] is relatively nickname-free. [name]James[/name] is second place. My top middle name is [name]John[/name]. It honors my father and I love its simple elegance.

I’m going to agree with the [name]Henry[/name] voters here (though unfortunately it doesn’t work with my last name so I can’t use it). [name]Love[/name] the all-American [name]Hank[/name] nn, too.

Mine’s probably going to be the most unusual here…

[name]Ambrose[/name].

First off, I just adore how it sounds when I say it. It’s so handsome and sophisticated with such history and depth. I’m in love with the meaning ‘Immortal’, that’s perfect and I generally love Latin names.

The main reason is that it’s a classy and creative way of honouring people. My middle name is [name]Amy[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Amy[/name] is my mother and [name]Rose[/name] is a family name on her side. [name]Ambrose[/name] combines the two and, although it’s corny I’ll admit, the ‘b’ stands for boy which is what turns it into a male’s name.

So I’m definitely planning on using that for son #1 in a couple years time:)

Good topic!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Jack[/name]. Very boyish, yet masculine.

[name]Henry[/name], for me. For all the reasons you have provided - it is classic and simple, yet fun and interesting, handsome and strong, yet playful and carefree.

I also must add to this list - [name]Benjamin[/name]! It is a great name, and [name]Ben[/name] works for a nickname for most anyone. It is sturdy and handsome yet playful and cool.

Bump!

I’d have to say [name]Noah[/name]. For me this name is simple, cute, classic and easy to say. It is also the name of my favourite male movie character, [name]Noah[/name] from The Notebook. Runner ups would be [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name].

My perfect boy name is [name]John[/name] because it honors my Great Grandpa [name]Johnson[/name] who died when I was two from cancer.

At this time it would be [name]Sebastian[/name]; classic but not too common or obscure, “travels” around the world well and is workable on a variety of ethnicities, and has the “softer-boy” sound that is fashionable yet is (for now) clearly a male name.

Runner-up: [name]Adrian[/name], with most of the above for [name]Sebastian[/name] applying except is more likely to face some gender confusion with the common (not as much for babies these days though) feminine form [name]Adrienne[/name] (but that is not a big deal for me since I have numerous other names that I’d consider for a boy that are widely used for girls as well in the same form).

[name]Miles[/name] of course followed by [name]James[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name]!

[name]Cain[/name] [name]Ryland[/name]