Incessant Draft Errors

Is anyone else getting a ton of draft errors on forum posts lately? A message pops up on the side of my draft that says either “draft error” or “drafts offline.” Then I’m interrupted from typing by a pop-up message that says “Draft is being edited in another window. Please reload this page.” To be clear, the draft isn’t open in any other windows, and as many times as I reload the page, I have the same issue.

19 Likes

Yes me too!!

1 Like

I’ve been getting this a lot, I though it was just poor connection. Sometimes it also won’t load notifications or say that profiles are private.

1 Like

I’ve been getting this since yesterday! At first I thought it was because I was using it on my phone (I tend to switch in and out of different tabs/apps frequently which caused the error), but I’ve still been getting it today on my laptop as well.

I’ve also been getting an error when voting on polls but that seems to have not happened for a few hours now. So that might be resolved already.

I’ve also had “this page cannot be displayed. Please try again” which is a bit annoying, but I’m gonna put this down to poor wifi

1 Like

I’ve had the “this page cannot be displayed” error as well, on pages that I had already loaded!

1 Like

i’ve gotten that a lot too, might be that i’m at my grandparents’ house atm and their wifi is definitely a bit wonky. also gotten the page cannot be displayed message. (and just got a “429 error” while trying to post this??)

1 Like

I have gotten so many errors, the site has been completely unusable all day for me!! I didn’t see anyone else saying anything, so I thought it was just a me problem.
I’ve been getting “page cannot be displayed” errors, sad face errors, errors when I vote in polls, errors when I like/post comments, and a lot of number errors!

3 Likes

Same here!

I s’pose that all kinda explains why I’ve seen so few new posts today? Lol!

3 Likes

Same, and I’m at home, my wifi is definitely not the problem.

1 Like

Yeah, same here @Eirime :confused: and with this many people having the same problem, definitely sounds like something going on with the server

thank you @enthusiast for making this post! I was genuinely worried all day that it was a me problem, and I had no idea what to do about it :sweat_smile: I’m relieved it’s not just me! (but also sorry you all are dealing with it, too, of course!)

1 Like

Adding myself to the pile :raising_hand_man: (getting the error currently as I type).

1 Like

I’ve had this, too! (Just coming here to post this actually :smile:) I’ve had a major error with trying to enter topics, particularly those in the Lounge, and liking posts. I’ve gotten many offline messages when I’m anything but, and all my errors are “429 errors”, “system overload”, or “too many requests”. The website itself kicked me off the other day and I had to create a new login which brought me back to this profile anyways :woman_shrugging:. I’ve gotten many errors just making this post. TIA to all the wonderful admin who help with this! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Trying to enter NOTD thread :smiling_face:

And trying to post the above :arrow_up:

2 Likes

I haven’t had any problems today but I do get them sometimes. Maybe @katinka could explain why this happens? I know she does a lot of the closing rowdy posts, fixing wrong things, & informing everyone of changes on the site.

I’m no expert but from past experience, it may be the server struggling at particularly busy times. I’ll flag this up with the tech team!

3 Likes

Oof… are the error messages and bugs way more plentiful for anyone else today? Only curious?

3 Likes

yes :sob: I had to reload pages & close the site/reopen it like a billion times just now because I was coming to comment that they’ve gotten so much worse for me!

1 Like

the site has been down for the past hour for me (on all devices), it just allowed me to get in for the first time after 60 mins of trying! i do think this is some kind of issue, it’s never been this bad before

3 Likes

was just about to come comment almost this same exact thing!! I have tried to come on the site for an hour and it hasn’t let me until now!