Is Robin too feminine for a boy?

I think [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is really cute but could it work on a man? When I hear this name I think of someone funny and heroic, kind of like a mix of [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Hood and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m]. Also do you have an strong, traditionally masculine middle name ideas?

The only female I’ve known with the name was spelt [name_f]Robyn[/name_f], so the [name_u]Robin[/name_u] spelling doesn’t feel feminine to me and I think of both [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Hood or [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] as you mention.

Good luck!

2 Likes

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] feels very masculine to me! I think it’s handsome and soft, but still strong at the same time. It feels brave and adventurous to me. I also associate it with [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Hood and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not too feminine at all! I actually really don’t like it on a girl and associate it as a boys names first and foremost.

Robin [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]

1 Like

I think of it as entirely unisex! It’s not too feminine for a boy at all.

2 Likes

Definitely not too feminine! The two associations you mentioned, along with Batman and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] make it feel very boyish! I prefer it on a boy!

Robin is more masculine to me. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Hood and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] are great examples. Also, actor [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Dunne[/name_m], musician [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Thicke and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] from Batman & [name_u]Robin[/name_u] are others.

My dad (although born in 1949) is a [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. He’s known as [name_m]Rob[/name_m] for short. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandmother saw a [name_u]Robin[/name_u] when she was pregnant with him and knew wether a boy or a girl, that would be their name.

1 Like

Robin is great!

Robin [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] definitely works for a boy!

NO IT IS NOT TOO FEMININE!!! I love it, but almost only for a boy. Beautiful!! [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] (yes I have [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] on my list and I think these sound so good together!) [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (:heart_eyes:) [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m], [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac/name_m

1 Like

I think [name_u]Robin[/name_u] on a girl is a bit dated. On a boy though, it sounds much more fresh!

1 Like

I really like it for a boy! Maybe [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] or [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u] :heart:

I’ve been mulling over the same thing! I think it works well for either gender, but personally I think I prefer it as a first for a girl and a middle for a boy.

I love the name [name_u]Robin[/name_u] and it would be on my list for this little dude if my partner were on board. I don’t think it sounds too feminine. I see it more as a nature name that is very gender neutral like [name_u]Wren[/name_u] or [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u].

To me, [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is unisex and [name_f]Robyn[/name_f] is the feminine one. Due to [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u], it maintains a masculine vibe.

I like the way it sounds. And I think it can work if he goes by the nickname [name_m]Rob[/name_m]. But to me, as a Batman fan, it always feels a bit ‘supporting character’, second best to the main guy if you will. The association with Batman is too strong for me personally to want to give it to my son. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is sometimes a pretty cool character anyway himself.

To me, [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is primarily masculine. There was just another thread on here with two very handsome [name_u]Robin[/name_u] options for boys.

I think anything strong and classic would sound excellent with it!

I only have associations with [name_u]Robin[/name_u] as a male name, so definitely!

When I heard strong, traditionally masculine names I instantly thought of:

Wilfred
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]

I don’t think it’s too feminine for a boy at all! I’ve always known [name_u]Robin[/name_u] for a boy, [name_f]Robyn[/name_f] for a girl and there are some famous male [name_m]Robins[/name_m] like you’ve mentioned that firmly ground it as a unisex name that works well on both sides.

As for middle names, I’d avoid word/nature names with [name_u]Robin[/name_u] but otherwise, anything goes

Robin [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]Scott[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m]