It's a Boy!! I'm in Trouble

Well, we found out today that we are having a little boy. We are so excited, and are thrilled about having 2 boys under 2. We had picked out a girls name ([name]Finley[/name] [name]Willow[/name]), but we were struggling with a boys name. I am really happy that we are having a boy, the only problem is I think the baby will be 2 by the time we name him. Here are the contenders right now. We have yet to agree on any of these:
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]William[/name] (no nn)
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]William[/name] (or some variation of [name]Finn[/name] nn names)
[name]Jett[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name] [name]William[/name] (worried about the nn Hud though)

Any other ideas are welcome. I know I have asked for ideas before, but I really value all of your opinions. Thanks

what are your other son’s names?

It’s a boy? [name]How[/name] wonderful, MamaGrace!!! :slight_smile:

[name]Crosby[/name] [name]William[/name]: I have to admit that the more I see the name, the more I can picture it as [name]Easton[/name]'s brother. I actually thought of you over the weekend, because I was watching [name]Baby[/name] Boom, and there’s a little girl named [name]Crosby[/name]. I do still think of [name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] and [name]Bill[/name] Cosby, but it’s growing on me. I do think it works really well with [name]William[/name].

[name]Finnian[/name] [name]William[/name]: I love [name]Finnian[/name] and [name]William[/name], but not together because they sound so much alike to me. It’s not the best flow, but I can better see [name]Finn[/name] [name]William[/name] than I can [name]Finnian[/name] [name]William[/name].

[name]Jett[/name] [name]William[/name]: I think this flows really well, but I have a hard time visualizing [name]Jett[/name] on an adult.

[name]Hudson[/name] [name]William[/name]: I think the names that don’t end in N work better with [name]Easton[/name].

I know these have been suggested before, but maybe they’ve grown on you:

[name]Abbott[/name] [name]William[/name] (nn [name]Abe[/name])
[name]Bennett[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name] [name]William[/name] ([name]Blaise[/name] feels macho like [name]Jett[/name] to me)
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Grant[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Grady[/name] [name]William[/name] (reminds me of Cosby)
[name]Miles[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name] _____
[name]Zane[/name] [name]William[/name]

Have a good night!

I second [name]Grant[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]!

PS [name]Vaughn[/name] [name]William[/name] has the most delightful sound.

Thanks for the input everyone!! I really appreciate all of your patience with my craziness. I just want to find the perfect name to go with our son [name]Easton[/name] [name]Laurance[/name]. I love his name and have loved it since I first heard it. I guess I am just hoping for the same reaction with this ones name.

[name]Crosby[/name] is also growing on me. The only issue I have with it is when I tell people the name half of the time they say “Cosby, like [name]Bill[/name] Cosby” and I would hate for him to have to correct people for the rest of his life.

I agree that [name]Finnian[/name] and [name]William[/name] are a little too similar, but so far [name]Finnian[/name] is my favorite of the [name]Fin[/name] names. We have also consittered [name]Finnian[/name] [name]Charles[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like that better?

I also like [name]Finley[/name], but it will take me some time to not think of it as a girls name, it is growing on me though.

I agree that the 2 n sounds with [name]Easton[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name] are similar, but so far of the names it is the one with the least concern. The only issue I have is the nn Hud, which might be unavoidable.

[name]Jett[/name] is still my favorite nn, but I also have a hard time seeing it on an adult. We were consittering using [name]Jarrett[/name] and then the nn [name]Jett[/name]. We would be naming him after my Grandma [name]Jetta[/name], and I would love to be able to honor her, so changing it might take away from that.

I love that people have suggested [name]Miles[/name] for a name, however it is my other dogs name along with [name]Griffin[/name]. Two names that I love, but obviously can’t use for our son.

I still like the name [name]Everett[/name], but not such a fan of [name]Rhett[/name] for a nn and I can’t think of any other nn for [name]Everett[/name]. I find that I only like 3 syllable names that have nn.

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Bennett[/name], but it is a friends last name, and we aren’t close enough to name our baby after her.

[name]Love[/name] the sound of [name]Abbott[/name], but don’t like the nn [name]Abe[/name]. That might be a contender if we just insist on the full name being used (is that even realistic?)

[name]Vaughn[/name] has a nice sound to it, but unfortunately it is a negative term used amoung my friends to describe someone who is being “too cool”. So that one is out.

Keep them coming, I know the perfect name is out there.

I totally forgot about your dog! Oops! :slight_smile: About [name]Abbott[/name]…Instead of [name]Abe[/name], I’m thinking you could use [name]Beau[/name] because [name]Abbott[/name] contains “[name]BO[/name].” I do think that [name]Abbott[/name] could simply be [name]Abbott[/name] though, just like a [name]Hudson[/name] can simply be [name]Hudson[/name] and not Hud. (Knowing Victorias, Katherines, and Elizabeths who have never had nicknames, I’ve seen that it’s definitely possible to go through life without a nickname.)

I love [name]Finnian[/name], too! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Way[/name] too biblical for me. Thanks though!

Off the top of my head what about [name]Benedict[/name] nn [name]Ben[/name]

[name]Benedict[/name] and [name]Easton[/name]

Not a big fan of the nn [name]Ben[/name], it is a cute name but too popular for me. Thanks though :slight_smile:

Another one that came to mind is [name]Blake[/name]…

Have a good night!

[name]Jared[/name]
[name]Charlton[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Alister[/name]
[name]Travis[/name]
[name]Scott[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]

What about [name]Barrett[/name]?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Finnian[/name], and [name]Phineas[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name] for either name with [name]Easton[/name]! [name]Love[/name] [name]Hudson[/name], but not so much with [name]Easton[/name].
[name]Easton[/name] and…
[name]Ansel[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Clive[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Gareth[/name]
[name]Harvard[/name]
[name]Hopper[/name]
[name]Jules[/name]
[name]Laszlo[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Otis[/name] - love!
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Victor[/name] - somehow this [name]Easton[/name] and [name]Victor[/name] combo works for me.
[name]Xander[/name]

I loved making this list of names to go with [name]Easton[/name]. Such a cool challenge!

Congratulations! With [name]Easton[/name],
[name]Crosby[/name] is growing on me the more I see it. I think it has the same vibe as [name]Easton[/name] but doesn’t have any of the same sounds so that’s nice.
[name]Jett[/name] - I like your idea of using [name]Jarrett[/name] nn [name]Jett[/name] to honor your grandma [name]Jetta[/name]. I think it honors her in a great way and [name]Jarrett[/name] fits with [name]Easton[/name] and [name]Jett[/name] is a cool nickname.
[name]Finnian[/name] - like pp ([name]Jill[/name]?) said, I don’t like the two names to have the same ending. [name]Finn[/name] is cute but I think it would be tricky with a dog named [name]Griffin[/name].

Good luck!

Our other son is [name]Easton[/name] [name]Laurance[/name], he is 14 months old.

[name]Charlton[/name]- All I can think of is [name]Carlton[/name] from The Fresh [name]Prince[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]- I think of [name]Dante[/name]'s Inferno (not a good thing)
[name]Curtis[/name]- too common
[name]Asher[/name]- good name, but doesn’t go with our last name which sounds like Kutcher.
[name]Alister[/name]- same as [name]Asher[/name]
[name]Travis[/name]-too common
[name]Scott[/name]-too common
[name]Peter[/name]-too common
[name]Nolan[/name]-Possibility…I’ll as hubby :slight_smile:
[name]Logan[/name]- there is a town near me that is called [name]Logan[/name]. I like the name a lot, but it would be weird to name a kid that for me.
[name]Marcus[/name]- I used to work with a guy named [name]Marcus[/name] and he was a real jerk. No can do.
[name]Lucas[/name]-I like this, I’ll talk to hubby.
I know, I’m picky, an my husband is worse. This is going to be hard. Thanks for all the ideas.

I like that, and the nn [name]Bear[/name] is cute. I’ll talk to my hubby. Thanks

I like [name]Blake[/name], I’ll ask my Husband what he thinks. I have a feeling he will say no, he seems to not like 1 syllable names. I’ll let you know.

I also love all of the “[name]Finn[/name]” names. My husband actually likes them too so that is a big plus. I’m not sure which one I like the best though.
I also [name]Love[/name] [name]Hudson[/name], it is pretty close to [name]Easton[/name] though…gonna have to think about that one a little more.
[name]Ansel[/name]-I can only think of [name]Ansel[/name] [name]Adams[/name], which isn’t a bad thing, I would just be worried he would constantly be asked why his parents named him that. I’ll have to think about this one a little more. Good sound though.
[name]Archer[/name]- doesn’t go with our last name.
[name]Barnaby[/name]- Makes be think of the circus
[name]Clive[/name]- Hubby says, and I quote “no way”
[name]Dashiell[/name]- I like this one, and love the nn of [name]Dash[/name], my hubby is on the fence.
[name]Dexter[/name]-love it, but it’s a good friends dogs name :frowning:
[name]Gareth[/name]- Oooh I like this one, I’ll see what DH says.
[name]Harvard[/name]- too literal for me
[name]Hopper[/name]- Last name issue (it also ends in er)
[name]Jules[/name]- friends name :frowning:
[name]Laszlo[/name]- I like the z in the name, but not so sure about the whole name.
[name]Magnus[/name]- I don’t care for the sound of this one
[name]Oscar[/name]- Friends babies name
[name]Otis[/name] - My old cats name. I wish I hadn’t used up so many great names on my pets.
[name]Pierce[/name]- This is a little too refined for me. Great name though.
[name]Reed[/name]- see [name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this name, but again it doesn’t go with our last name (sounds like Kutcher) I love this style of name.
[name]Victor[/name] - See [name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Xander[/name]- My nephew is [name]Alexander[/name], so this one is out. I love the style of this name though.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Oooh, I agree with [name]Gwen[/name]'s mom. [name]Finnian[/name] and [name]Phineas[/name] are too much like [name]Griffin[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Jarrett[/name] nn [name]Jett[/name] to honor your grandma.