Ivy Blue Carter?

I have read unconfirmed reports that [name]Beyonce[/name] and [name]Jay[/name]-Z have named their new daughter [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Blue[/name] [name]Carter[/name].
If it’s true I think it’s a beautiful, sassy choice!

I agree! I’m really curious to see if [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Blue[/name] really is the name as more reports come out (although out of everything that’s been thrown out there so far [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Blue[/name] seems to be the most reliable option) and to see if this will give [name]Ivy[/name] a surge in popularity. I love it, though.

I think it’s beautiful, especially the reasoning behind it.
[name]Ivy[/name] for IV, as in the roman numeral for 4, which is her mother’s favourite number, and [name]Blue[/name] is her father’s favourite colour.

So “normal” yet uncommon. Perfect.

Since when has [name]Ivy[/name] been blue?

#NamesBetterThanIvyBlue was trending on Twitter just now. I think [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Blue[/name] is a lot better than M’Kennzey or something! I actually kinda like it. It’s unique but not too out there.

I like it!

Yes I just heard about this, lovely choice :slight_smile:

I love [name]Ivy[/name] as a name, it’s really cute. I’m actually hearing reports that the name is [name]Blue[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], though, which I like a lot less than [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Blue[/name].

I think the name [name]Ivy[/name] is beautiful. (can’t pretend I’m now sour as I love that name and it’ll now , obviously surge in popularity!) Also according to nameberry “ancient Greeks presented an ivy wreath to newlyweds as a symbol of fertility” this could’ve been noted in their choice!
[name]Blue[/name] is spunky, i like it. someone as famous as [name]Beyonce[/name] and [name]Jay[/name]-Z had to have given their baby a name with a little edge :stuck_out_tongue:

Am I the only one disappointed by their choice? [name]Ivy[/name] is a top 30 name in Australia (I guess not in the US though) so I was expecting something more obscure and strong coming from the king and queen of rnb and rap. [name]Blue[/name] is ok as a middle name in general but more for a boy [name]IMO[/name] but especially not with [name]Ivy[/name] as a first name, [name]Ivy[/name] is green!!

I’m disappointed too. Not that it’s a terrible name but it’s not as fabulous and strong as a name I thought this baby girl was going to need. [name]Ivy[/name] seems a little weak to me. I’m reminded of “bluebells”. Tiana was more along the lines of what I would have expected!

Why does it say [name]Blue[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] or [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Blue[/name] on the NB homepage? Please,please,I hope it’s not [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Blue[/name], and I agree, the mn choice is a little bizarre with [name]Ivy[/name], but still, I am impressed!

I think naming their baby after their last two albums shows huge ego.

[name]Beyonce[/name]- IV
+
[name]Jay[/name]-Z- The Blueprint
=
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Blue[/name]

Call me cynical, but it just seems like self promotion.

It’s [name]Blue[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], according to [name]Gwyneth[/name] Paltrow. Anyway, [name]Beyonce[/name] and [name]Jay[/name] Z are known to be dedicated to the number 4. They were both born on the fourth and they specially planned their wedding date so that it was [name]April[/name] 4, 2008. I’m in no way surprised that 4 was worked into the name. And if I’m correct, they met while [name]Jay[/name] Z was promoting Blueprint - they don’t make announcements like we’re married, etc., but this is the kind of sly thing they would do. I’m a fan of the name. [name]Blue[/name] is an unusual first name, and I couldn’t picture them naming their child with something common. And [name]Ivy[/name] = 4. It’s actually really pretty neat.

I realise this makes me sound like a super [name]Beyonce[/name]/[name]Jay[/name] Z fan, but I’m not - just a pop culture blogger!

[name]Blue[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] sounds like a contagious disease you catch in a tropical country.

Mom: “[name]Doctor[/name], is my daughter going to pull through?”
[name]Doctor[/name]: “Only time will tell. The next 48 hours will be crucial. Your daughter has a rare illness called [name]Blue[/name] [name]Ivy[/name].”

Actually people magazine says her name is [name]Blue[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Carter[/name]

If it’s [name]Blue[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] I guess [name]Apple[/name] just found her BFF…

I get the significance, [name]Blue[/name] is whatever – I would have rather seen a less overt nod to blue like [name]Cerulean[/name] or Periwinkle, but [name]Ivy[/name] for IV/4 is just dumb. It literally makes me laugh out loud.

Ughhh. More and more people are reporting it as [name]Blue[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]. I really liked [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Blue[/name], but switched around it holds zero appeal to me. I do like the idea of [name]Ivy[/name] as a nod to four, though. Very cool.

I’m disappointed as well that they’ve chosen [name]Blue[/name] as the first name. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Blue[/name] has such a pretty ring to it. Not too common, but not too weird. But, I suppose when [name]Gwyneth[/name] Paltrow is one of your best friends, you have to think outside the box a little bit more. If I didn’t know the middle name, I would never assume it was a girl either.

Not to mention that the name [name]Blue[/name] just screams cartoon dog. (Blues Clues? Anyone?) :wink:

Oh well, whatever floats their boat I guess…

[name]Happy[/name] for them but my husband will officially never use the name [name]Ivy[/name] now :frowning: just yesterday we decided [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] was the perfect mix of french and american culture :confused: