Jimmy

First, thanks to everyone who responded to my post about laid-back, “country-feel” names from a week or so ago (link below). I talked with my boyfriend (well… fiance… still have to get used to that) last night, and [name]Mack[/name] was a bit of a tough sell. Of the names on my list, he really likes [name]James[/name], nn [name]Jimmy[/name]. Renfro is a family name for me, and I’d like to use it as a middle name. His last name sounds like “Action.”

[name]James[/name] Renfro A_______

As I said, we’d most often call him [name]Jimmy[/name], but obviously it could be shortened to [name]Jim[/name] as well: casual, unpretentious, strong, and a little retro. I’m not pregnant, so this is just planning ahead for the not-so-distant future. Anyway, just wanted to turn that choice over to the experts for feedback. We do have a girl’s name in mind ([name]Anne[/name], nn [name]Annie[/name]), but that hasn’t really been the recent sticking point. Still, since we’d eventually like to have at least one of each, it is somewhat important that the names go together well.

Original post:

When I was growing up, I knew the cutest boy named [name]Jimmy[/name], so I have a positive association with the name. I think [name]James[/name] Renfro A. is a great name. I agree that [name]Jimmy[/name]/[name]Jim[/name] has a bit of a retro vibe about it. Congrats on your engagement.

Thanks. It’s still very new and unofficial - we’ve started leaking the news to our families, but haven’t really “gone public” with it.

And yeah - I’m still thinking there’s something disarmingly straight-forward about a boy named [name]Jim[/name].