Joel, Ianthe and..(unusual girls name pls!) **DUE 1 WEEK!!!

ok.
I have 2 children, [name]Joel[/name] and [name]Ianthe[/name] (pro. eye-ann-thee in case u didn’t know!), and am due to have my third a week today (definitely-I’m having elec c-sec).
We’ve picked [name]Tristan[/name] [name]William[/name] for a boy.

Surname is [name]Ross[/name], not thought of a girls’ middle name.

Now can’t decide on a girls name! I have a few ideas but still undecided and open to suggestions! My list so far is:

[name]Iris[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] IT but doesn’t sound great with [name]Ross[/name]-whaddya think?)
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Sapphire[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]/ [name]Seraphine[/name] (mouthful with [name]Ianthe[/name]?)
[name]Ophelia[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] IT! But worried about the ‘feel ya’ jokes!

Poss. middle names:

[name]Emmie[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
sage
[name]Rae[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] (or first name?)
[name]Fay[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Trista[/name] (but meaning is ‘sad’!)

Have you any further suggestions for first names? I like unusual, pretty, flowery, literary, arty, fairy-type names!!!

[name]Iris[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] IT but doesn’t sound great with [name]Ross[/name]-whaddya think?) [name]Iris[/name] [name]Ross[/name] is a little too S heavy for me…What about [name]Ivy[/name]? [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Sapphire[/name] [name]Ross[/name]?
[name]Beatrice[/name] - I’ll let others comment on this one because some people here really like this one…and I really don’t…sorry :confused:
[name]Sapphire[/name] - not a fan of this up front…works for the middle, tho
[name]Seraphina[/name]/ [name]Seraphine[/name] (mouthful with [name]Ianthe[/name]?) - but OH so pretty!
[name]Ophelia[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] IT! But worried about the ‘feel ya’ jokes! - Its also a lot of name for a little one…

[name]How[/name] about…

[name]Amelia[/name] (sounds like [name]Ophelia[/name])
[name]Delia[/name] (ditto)
[name]Cordelia[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] IT!)
[name]Camellia[/name] (a flower and it sounds like [name]Ophelia[/name]!) [name]Camellia[/name] [name]Fay[/name] [name]Ross[/name] sounds good…
[name]Calla[/name] - well liked here at nameberry :slight_smile:
[name]Zinnia[/name] - hmm…fun!
[name]Lavendar[/name] - fun and will make a great statement
[name]Amandine[/name] - gorgeous!
[name]Hazel[/name] - loving this one! [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Emily[/name] [name]Ross[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Sage[/name] [name]Ross[/name] - sounds fantastic!
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Thea[/name] [name]Ross[/name] - Goddness name as well as [name]Athena[/name] (literary! :))

These names I “stole” from the Flowery [name]Fairy[/name] Names post :slight_smile:
[name]Celestina[/name] [name]Cora[/name] [name]Birch[/name] was my Flowery [name]Fairy[/name] name…here’s that post

[name]Rosalina[/name] [name]Sage[/name] [name]Ross[/name]
Zenobiah [name]Elise[/name] [name]Ross[/name]
Jonnesha [name]Sage[/name] [name]Ross[/name]
[name]Aisha[/name] [name]Emmie[/name] [name]Ross[/name]
[name]Aster[/name] [name]Fay[/name] [name]Ross[/name]
[name]Rubina[/name] (nn [name]Ruby[/name]…so cute) [name]Rubina[/name] [name]Emily[/name] [name]Ross[/name]
[name]Maisy[/name] (falling in love with this name!) [name]Maisy[/name] [name]Thea[/name] [name]Ross[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Sage[/name] [name]Ross[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name]!)
[name]Sapphira[/name] (not as harsh as [name]Sapphire[/name]) Or [name]Sephira[/name]
[name]Tarryn[/name] [name]Emmie[/name] [name]Ross[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Scarlet[/name]
[name]Coral[/name]
Roselynn

Poss. middle names:

[name]Emmie[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
sage - love this in the middle, but if you use a flower name will it be overkill? [name]Calla[/name] [name]Sage[/name] [name]Ross[/name] sounds great, but is it too naturey?
[name]Rae[/name] - ____ [name]Rae[/name] [name]Ross[/name] doesn’t work for me
[name]Thea[/name] (or first name?) - great in the first spot, too!
[name]Fay[/name] - works well in the middle, but not as “fun” as some others :slight_smile:
[name]Elise[/name] - like this name but [name]Elise[/name] [name]Ross[/name] is S heavy
[name]Trista[/name] (but meaning is ‘sad’!) - are you pronouncing as [name]Tris[/name]-ta or Trees-ta (the spanish pron.)

Have you any further suggestions for first names? I like unusual, pretty, flowery, literary, arty, fairy-type names!!!

Out of your faves, I like [name]Seraphina[/name] the best, and I think it’s awesome with [name]Ianthe[/name]!

Personally I would stay away from any first or middle name ending in an “s” sound, since it sounds a bit rhymey with [name]Ross[/name]. My ideas:

[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Sapphire[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]

Good luck!

That’s funny, I already had:
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] ( this was top spot on one particular day!!)
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Sapphira[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] (not sure bout this one)
on my list! Great minds think alike-thank you very much for all those suggestions!
I forgot to say, I love Greek mythological names too (perhaps you can see that though!)

I like [name]Amelia[/name], and [name]Phoebe[/name] but think they’re too used now.

Arrghh-spoilt for choice!!

Actually, I really like ‘[name]Aster[/name]’, only I would prob spell it ‘[name]Asta[/name]’, which is Greek and means ‘[name]Star[/name]-like love’!
Pretty!

I have 2 children, [name]Joel[/name] and [name]Ianthe[/name] (pro. eye-ann-thee in case u didn’t know!), and am due to have my third a week today (definitely-I’m having elec c-sec).

You have great name taste and a wonderful last name.

[name]Iris[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] IT but doesn’t sound great with [name]Ross[/name]-whaddya think?) - don’t like [name]Iris[/name] [name]Ross[/name]. alternatives: love other poster’s suggestion of [name]Ivy[/name], also [name]Irene[/name] [name]Ross[/name] sounds so pretty.
[name]Beatrice[/name] - I don’t like [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Ross[/name]. “-trice” and [name]Ross[/name] are fighting. [name]Bianca[/name] [name]Ross[/name] is pretty.
[name]Sapphire[/name] - Prefer [name]Sapphira[/name].
[name]Seraphina[/name]/ [name]Seraphine[/name] (mouthful with [name]Ianthe[/name]?) [name]Love[/name] it and love [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Clementina[/name] and [name]Valentina[/name] nn [name]Lena[/name]. I love [name]Valentina[/name] [name]Ross[/name]! If you want to go more boho, I knew of a family who named their daughter [name]Valentino[/name].
[name]Ophelia[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] IT! But worried about the ‘feel ya’ jokes! - I would worry about that, too. But [name]Bianca[/name] is another [name]Shakespeare[/name] character (see above). Also [name]Ottilie[/name] starts with an “o” and is unusual like [name]Ophelia[/name].

Poss. middle names:

[name]Emmie[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
sage - love this name the most! But it is tricky, You wouldn’t want to combine it with [name]Seraphina[/name] for example because it sounds like angels with herbs stuck on them.
[name]Rae[/name] - this is great, too!
[name]Thea[/name] (or first name?) - a very pretty first name!
[name]Fay[/name] - love, also love [name]Faye[/name] and [name]Fey[/name].
[name]Elise[/name] - so pretty.
[name]Trista[/name] (but meaning is ‘sad’!) - Yeah, sad is the first thing that comes to my mind because sad is triste in Spanish.
What about [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Delphine[/name]? And [name]Dore[/name]. There is an accent over the “e” - dor-AY, Ay rhymes with [name]May[/name]. Also [name]May[/name] and [name]Mae[/name]. Also [name]Esme[/name]. And [name]Day[/name]. And [name]Mireille[/name] (meer-AY).

[name]Valentina[/name] [name]Fay[/name], [name]Valentina[/name] [name]Dore[/name], [name]Valentina[/name] [name]Esme[/name], [name]Valentina[/name] [name]Pearl[/name].
[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Rae[/name], [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Mireille[/name], [name]Seraphine[/name] Marseilles (don’t know how to spell this but it is a city in [name]France[/name]), [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Lourdes[/name] - this is utterly gorgeous!
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Rae[/name], [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Mireille[/name], [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name] [name]Faye[/name], [name]Bianca[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Thea[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] (clem-en-TEEN), [name]Thea[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Irene[/name] [name]Davenia[/name] ([name]Davenia[/name] is a form of [name]Davina[/name] which means “little deer”.) I’m not sure how to pronounce it, but if it’s da-[name]VEN[/name]-ee-uh, I love it! [name]Irene[/name] [name]Angelica[/name], [name]Irene[/name] [name]Viviana[/name].

I tried to keep all these names really heavenly and not cluttered. They remind me of the Renaissance except for [name]Guinevere[/name].

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Leticia[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Raya[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Rosalee[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Zora[/name]

[name]Susan[/name], thank you for your comments;

[name]Faye[/name] is a much better spelling-thanks!

[name]Giselle[/name]- am toying with this name as I’m a ballet dancer myself! I also quite like ‘[name]Greta[/name]’, but don’t think it’s very dainty and is linked to [name]Margeret[/name] which is yukky.

[name]Bianca[/name]…well this is lovely, but because of the [name]Bianca[/name] in Eastenders, it’s out!

[name]Valentina[/name]…again, beautiful, but there is [name]Valentino[/name] [name]Rossi[/name], the motorbike champ! OH already gets called [name]Valentino[/name] for a joke!!!

[name]Ottilie[/name]…like it!

[name]Delphine[/name]…I liked this, but OH doesn’t like it, which is a shame as it links with the Delphinium flower, the birth flower for [name]July[/name] (I think!) I also liked [name]Delphie[/name]!

[name]Mireille[/name]…another nice one-going on my list!!

[name]Ivy[/name]…again, OH didn’t like this. He’s so fussy!! I don’t like [name]Irene[/name], sorry.

BABYBERRY, love the suggestions, particularly [name]Freya[/name] (I had a cat called [name]Freya[/name]!!) and [name]Isla[/name] (just recently used by a relation)

Hmm… was thinking

[name]Serenity[/name]

Alesta

[name]Serena[/name] is lovely, but will it be common soon due to [name]Serena[/name] [name]Williams[/name]?

ok.

Now can’t decide on a girls name! I have a few ideas but still undecided and open to suggestions! My list so far is:

[name]Iris[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] IT but doesn’t sound great with [name]Ross[/name]-whaddya think?) Too much ssssssss!
[name]Beatrice[/name] again with the ssss. say it. [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Ross[/name]. The end sounds like crisscross.
[name]Sapphire[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]/ [name]Seraphine[/name] (mouthful with [name]Ianthe[/name]?) Stunning, if a little celebrity worn atm.
[name]Ophelia[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] IT! But worried about the ‘feel ya’ jokes! This name has been on my list for years, and I’m always looking for the bad nicknames, and I never thought of it. [name]Ophelia[/name]. Would you pronounce it Ofeelyuh or Ofeeleeyuh? It makes the slightest difference.

Poss. middle names:

[name]Emmie[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
sage
[name]Rae[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] (or first name?)
[name]Fay[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] my fave!
[name]Trista[/name] (but meaning is ‘sad’!)

What about [name]Bronte[/name] as a middle name? Others that I can think of that fit your description include [name]Lorelei[/name], [name]Annelise[/name] (variations of the spelling), [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Finola[/name] (or [name]Fionnuala[/name], one of my faves), [name]Connemara[/name] (maybe not so much but I thought I’d throw it out here)

Good luck, hope I helped!

She’s been famous for going on 9 years now, and the popularity chart on the name’s page shows a decrease over that time period. I wouldn’t worry.

[name]Ianthe[/name] and:

[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Alouette[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Celestia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Rosamond[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Sandrine[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Zelda[/name]
[name]Zenobia[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

serena is also the main character in gossip girl.

[name]Hope[/name] you’ll let us know your final decision!