Jolie’s middle name

My husband and I are naming a little girl [name_f]Jolie[/name_f], but we’re having a hard time agreeing on a middle name. I want to name her [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u] because [name_u]Ray[/name_u] is my dads middle name and I think the name flows well. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband doesn’t dislike [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u] and says that it’s cute, but he wants to name her [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u] because his moms middle name is [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]. I have no issue with his mom or using her name, although I really dislike [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] but I do like [name_u]Laine[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] issue with it is that I think [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u] runs together and almost sounds like [name_m]Jole[/name_m] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]. Am I overthinking this too much or does it run together to other people as well?

Here’s our other current options as well. Which is your fave?
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u]
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

Hope and [name_f]Faith[/name_f] were the names of my baby siblings that my mom lost to miscarriage when I was a child, so they also have meaning to me as well.

5 Likes

My favorite is [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]! But I do think [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u] is cute too. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a little “l” heavy.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

1 Like

I get what you mean about [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u] running together, perhaps you could compromise with [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] Raylene?

1 Like

I think that [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u] does sort of run into each other! I would honestly go with [name_f]Hope[/name_f] or [name_f]Faith[/name_f] as I think the issue is becoming that each of you just sorts of want to use your own parent’s name, which is fine, but I think that some of the problems are coming from there! I would either combine them like @leafsgirl44 suggested or come up with a new one that has meaning for both of you!

1 Like

Ray would also kinda be named after me as well. [name_f]My[/name_f] name is Raygn (pronounced [name_u]Reagan[/name_u]), so my husband does like the fact that our daughter would share something with her mom.

2 Likes

That’s really sweet!

2 Likes

Raylaine, or a similar spelling, may be a smoosh name but it would work well in the middle spot and honours both. [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] Raylaine sounds fine, IMO.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u] flows better.
I understand that he might want to honor his side too.
I say, split the difference:

• Jolie [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f]

It actually flows even better!

I like [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u], maybe [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], but it holds no significance to us so we would definitely use [name_u]Ray[/name_u] over [name_f]Mae[/name_f].

Jolie [name_f]Raine[/name_f] sounds like it could be a good compromise for you

I vote for [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f].

I second the suggestion of [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Raine[/name_f]/Rayne as an alternative. [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u] does kind of run together, and I like the idea of combining your honor names. They make a great smoosh! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] is beautiful! Definitely my favorite of the options!

Jolie [name_u]Ray[/name_u] is better.

I love [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]! Maybe [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] Rayel ([name_u]Ray[/name_u]-[name_f]Elle[/name_f]) as a nod to both?

I like [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Rayna[/name_f] and [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Raina[/name_f].

My first thought was [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Raine[/name_f].I worked with a [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f]

My favorite is [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f].
What about finding something else with meaning? Like the place you met or the month you were married or something both of you love?