Kaia

ok you guys are probably sick of me at this point- sorry

even tho weve been calling her [name]Adelaide[/name] for a while now i was still searching and not completely sold. something seemed off but i kept going back to it not being able to find something else.

until i came across [name]Kaia[/name] and im really excited about it, it just lifted my mood.
i know it doesnt have the same vintage feel and its not a classic, but i think thats why i like it and why i couldnt commit to [name]Adelaide[/name] or others i found on here. nameberry has refined my taste for sure, but the names i like from this site are new loves just from exposure. dont know if id still like it years from now, ya know…
anyways. [name]Kaia[/name] needs a middle name. my initial thought was [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] which i love it means earth angel or angel on earth… but they seem too different origins to put together? i like the flow. also love [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] as felicity is one of our favorites. but i saw someone here has [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] and dont really want to steal it… [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]? looks strange.
help for [name]Kaia[/name]'s middle name! would like something longer and second mn is [name]Pearl[/name] for my mom
thanks berries!!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Kaia[/name]!

[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Delia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Lucienne[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Rosaline[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Simona[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

If you don’t like [name]Adelaide[/name], and it doesn’t feel “right” then go w/ your gut!

However, I was sitting here reading about (in my brain) “[name]Kye[/name]-uh” and my wife hopped over, looked at the screen and said, "Oh, is that “[name]Kay[/name]-uh?” So, I’m guessing as long as you don’t think she’ll mind (or you’ll mind early on!) having them call “Kie-uh!” at the pediatrician’s office instead of [name]Kay[/name]-uh AND for the rest of her life saying “[name]Kaia[/name] - K - A - I -A” over the phone then it’s quite lovely.

[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] has a terrific flow (regardless of how you pronounce [name]Kaia[/name]) and is quite beautiful. The earth angel meaning is nice as well.

A lot of folks may want to spell it “[name]Kaya[/name]” but this isn’t nearly as problematic as my favorite “whipping boy,” using “[name]Jazzmynn[/name]” for [name]Jasmine[/name].

good luck!

I like [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. I think it has really nice flow and I don’t think that the origins are really going to matter. I would go with that name if it were up to me.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Karen[/name]!

I give you permission to steal [name]Kaia[/name]'s name…! [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is a lovely name. [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] means pure happiness so add [name]Pearl[/name] and get “pearl of pure happiness”? - thats a pretty amazing name meaning! But then I am slightly biased ;). Mind you, [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is also really lovely (I wouldn’t worry about the mixed origins).

We say our [name]Kaia[/name] as k(eye)-a - which pronunciation are you planning on using? I have to say that mispronounciation hasn’t been as big an issue as we anticipated and most people get it right on first guess. If you want the kay-a pronounciatin then I’d spell it [name]Kaya[/name].

You may also like [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Evelia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. [name]Evelia[/name] pn eh-vay-lee-a meaning “life”.

Good luck!
[name]Dahlia[/name]

oh wow thanks everyone! [name]Kaia[/name] seems perfect now:)
im pronouncing it K(eye)-a. the othe pronounciation doesnt bother me if ppl dont get it right. i think that was my prob with [name]Adelaide[/name]. my ultrasound tech kept pronouncing it [name]Add[/name]-a-LIE-d and i hated it. i think its ugly pro tha way. lol

[name]Dahlia[/name],
oh, thankyou! i was wondering if i would hear from you! theres just something about [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] that looks complete and it supposed to go together. honestly felicity has been on our short list forever! pure happiness is simply amazing!
love the flow of [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] but it seems contrived like im trying too hard. my dh thinks earth angel is silly too. but if you say pure angel thats also amazing!
id love to use either [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] or [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] so i guess its down to those.

about [name]Kaia[/name]'s meaning and origin- ive seen it all over the place. greek for earth, hawaiian for ocean, scandanavian for pure. also seen japanese.
is it really a diminutive of [name]Karen[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name]? that would be awesome since thats my and my sisters name!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Karen[/name].

As to the origin of [name]Kaia[/name], I had heard it as a form of the estonian [name]Kaja[/name] meaning echo or as a form of [name]Katherine[/name] meaning pure. I believe it is most commonly used in scandanavian countries as a form of [name]Katherine[/name]. Basically it has many different origins all with different meanings so I’d just pick your favourite and go with that! I found this page of meanings from different origins: Kaia Name Meaning

I did mean to say something re: the suggestion of [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]… in that they are very likely forms of the same name… Would be like naming someone [name]Betty[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]!

[name]Both[/name] [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] are lovely names (but obv I’m biased towards [name]Felicity[/name]…).

Best wishes to you!
[name]Dahlia[/name]

Wow I love [name]Kaia[/name]! Gorgeous name. Have to compliment you [name]Dahlia[/name] on the combination for your daughter - [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] is amazing! (I’d steal that if I were you [name]Karen[/name]!). Not as keen on [name]Seraphina[/name] but as it is a middle name then if you love it then ignore me! I always thought of [name]Kaia[/name] as a form of [name]Katherine[/name] too - was interested to learn that it is also a Zulu name among others…! [name]Just[/name] wanted to say that [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] may work too if you wanted to keep [name]Adelaide[/name] in the mix? Of the other suggestions made I like [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Evelia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (pure life pearl) and [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (pure alive pearl) - spelt like this though… - I know 2 male Vivians so… I also think [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Vienne[/name]/[name]Vienna[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (meaning pure white pearl) sounds good… [name]Eli[/name] x

I love the name [name]Kaia[/name] very much- it’s on the top 10 list- but my only concern with it is that I can’t think of any sibling names that I love and that fit, stylistically, with [name]Kaia[/name]. Can anyone help generate a list of names- male and female- that you might like if you also like [name]Kaia[/name]?

[name]Hi[/name] buggins.

If it helps these are the names we have chosen for [name]Kaia[/name]'s twin brothers: [name]William[/name] [name]Arden[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Kendell[/name] ([name]Will[/name] and [name]Ollie[/name]). We had [name]Piper[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name] as our girls names. We were also considering [name]Declan[/name] and [name]Callum[/name] for boys. If you search my old posts I think there is one asking what names people think go with [name]Kaia[/name]…

[name]Dahlia[/name]

im def going with [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] - thanks [name]Dahlia[/name]!!! the meaning expresses exactly how i feel about it and my sweet lil one :slight_smile: i can be confident with this name and have felt no need to look any farther. [name]Adelaide[/name] seems like history compared to [name]Kaia[/name] haha. im slightly concerned for my 2yr old who refers to baby as [name]Adelaide[/name] (she can say it very good too
lol) but were going to get her a newborn baby doll

• complete with its own hosp id bracelet and everything! so ill come home with 2 babies-- [name]Kaia[/name] for me and baby doll [name]Adelaide[/name] for her!:slight_smile: im excited i think it will work.

as for sibling names, [name]Dahlia[/name] what a great job i love all those choices! [name]William[/name] is one of my fav boys names just cant get dh on board with it. love [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Declan[/name], and [name]Callum[/name] too. [name]Piper[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name] are both great matches for girls as well.
my dd1 is [name]Tess[/name]. i think [name]Tess[/name] & [name]Kaia[/name] are great together. any shorter spunkier modern but not made up or trendy names would work well. i think of [name]Kaia[/name] reminds me of [name]Isla[/name] but i couldnt bring myself to use [name]Isla[/name] for some reason. so maybe [name]Ivy[/name] would make a good sister name.
[name]Eden[/name] also comes to mind as a good option.

thankyou [name]Dahlia[/name] once again! [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] has exactly what ive been looking for. my only regret is not discovering it sooner:) btw, how old is your [name]Kaia[/name]? whats she
like? if you dont mind me asking…my dd [name]Tess[/name] has very curly blonde hair and big bright blue
eyes . she has a great vocab- alot of times too much for her own good. shes tough yet sensitive and has a very demanding presence!!! [name]Kaia[/name] will most likely also get amazing blue eyes but anything goes for hair. im hoping she will be a bit more laid back than [name]Tess[/name] is, tho i realize she will most likely learn from her big sis haha. im in for it!
when are the twins due? hows [name]Kaia[/name] handling that?

[name]Karen[/name],

I love [name]Tess[/name]! Your older daughter sounds like a sweetheart, and I’m sure she’ll love her newborn baby doll, [name]Adelaide[/name]. Great idea! You’re right - [name]Kaia[/name] is simply perfect with [name]Tess[/name], and [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is beautiful. Congratulations on picking your daughter’s name!

I could see names like [name]Adair[/name], [name]Ayla[/name], [name]Brynn[/name], [name]Blair[/name], [name]Eva[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Greer[/name], [name]Hollis[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Mira[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Reese[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], and [name]Simone[/name] with your girls’ names.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Karen[/name],

[name]Tess[/name] sounds like a little sweetie - Bless her. I love [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Kaia[/name] together! Good luck! [name]Love[/name] [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]!!

As to the future siblings bit I also really liked [name]Holly[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] (funnily enough…) but not with our surname [name]Green[/name]! So they’d be perfect for you depending on your surname of course! I’m not sure about [name]Isla[/name] either. It’s pretty but almost rhymy with [name]Kaia[/name] - has the same “eye” sound in.

My [name]Kaia[/name] is almost 2. She’s a hazel eyed wavy strawberry blonde just like me! The boys will likely be the same or blond seeing as hub is a hazel eyed blond! She’s a very opinonated independent little person… you can’t imagine the mess at meal times - she insisted on feeding herself as a baby (she kinda grabbed a handful and ate what she could squeeze out between her fingers… haha!). We’re getting the hang of cutlery now thank heavens! She’s not a big talker and very introverted - she can entertain herself for hours at a time. She know that she’s getting 2 baby brothers but I don’t think it means very much to her at the moment - she lives in her own little world and fits new things in as they happen. Although recently she’s been proudly telling everyone we meet that she’s “the big one”! My hub has been telling her that Mummy’s getting fat because she ate too many pies… I despair at him - I swear it’s like having 2 children… I’m due in [name]January[/name] next year so am just starting to balloon properly and chasing her around isn’t quite as easy as it was! Seriously hoping the boys won’t be as opinionated as [name]Kaia[/name]… can’t imagine having 2 doing that at the same time. They are identical so here’s hoping we’ll be able to tell them apart!

Anyway! Best of luck to you [name]Karen[/name]. When are you due?

[name]Dahlia[/name]

dahlia,
kaia sounds adorable! she and tess arent too far apart. my hub thought it was funny how your hub says youre fat cuz you eat too many pies. my hub says im fat cuz i eat too much in general. he jokingly said he was going to block off the pantry lol… tess thinks its funny that i have a big belly too.
im due oct 21 but due to earlier complications dr will induce me early. i asked for 10.10.10 which is a possibility. coming up fast! it seems so natural for me to call her [name]Kaia[/name] now but [name]Tess[/name] will take a longer time. she got mad at me and said “no thats [name]Adelaide[/name]!” so now i
telling he its both and bring home her baby doll [name]Adelaide[/name]… poor thing lol

[name]Aren[/name]'t men charming…?! Sometimes I wish they could experience being pregnant and all the fun side effects… but never mind! Wow that really is soon - good luck! 10/10/10 would be really cool birthday! [name]Glad[/name] you’ve settled on a name you love and I’m sure [name]Tess[/name] will be thrilled with her [name]Adelaide[/name]. My best friend just had her second and they bought her older daughter, [name]Carly[/name], a doll - so they sit and breast feed together - but [name]Carly[/name] has milk in one and orange juice in the other! Bless her!
[name]Dahlia[/name]

how cute! kids are so funny! im a lil nervous about nursing with [name]Tess[/name] around, shes wayy too curious! haha.
we go for an ultrasound every mon and fri and have been since around 25wks. at first her heartbeat was irregular, but thats fine now. now her fluid has been on the low end. 5 is dangerous but shes been 9-15 mostly around 10. but yesterday she was 7+8. dr wants us there fri morn for ultras if its lower shes gonna induce me. i doubt it will happen but im predicting it will be like this from now on depending how the ultras goes!
yesterday we got a great pic of baby [name]Kaia[/name]! it looks like shes resting her head on a shoulder, her lil cheeks sagging haha! so cute! knowing shes [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] it was like seeing her for first time on ultras. again! …
the first time i saw your post for the twins and saw [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] i was in the waiting room for my ultras. haha how fitting! seems like we live there! (only have internet on my cell thats how i was checking it)

I must say you sound like your coping well with the ups and downs. Here’s hoping you can keep her in there as long as possible! [name]Will[/name] keep fingers crossed for you.

I’ve been really lucky and have had no problems in either pregnancy (so far…) although I will admit to being absolutely terrified at the idea of a c-section… I think our doctor has noticed that too from how white I go when ever he mentions it! We’ve just been increased to every 2 weeks for ultrasound just because it is the practice policy with twins over 20 weeks…

[name]Dahlia[/name]

i must say its all because the [name]Lord[/name] has given me incredible peace in the midst of all these ups and downs. since the beginning of this preg He has given me the “peace that passes all understanding” sooo happy for you that your preg go so well for you!! that is such a blessing! esp with twins!! thats great! preg for me are very hard. i just get so deathly sick and on meds for the first 6mon +. its a severe form of morning sickness called hyperemesis gravidarium or hg. you can google it. but being so sick for so long is very hard on the whole fam.
but my 1st preg was uneventful besides that. but my 2nd preg shook my world, just about one of the lowest times in my life. i was twice as sick as my 1st preg so we thought it could be twins. but when we went in for the 1st ultras at 9wks there was nothing on the screen. i had whats called a complete molar preg. its really complex but in a nutshell i got preg with precancerous tissue not a baby. i was scheduled for a d+c but it didnt take place right away and waiting for it was nothing less than pure torture. i kept getting sicker by the hour and at one point i was scared to go to sleep i was so dehydrated i thought i wouldnt wake up. being so sick and knowing there wasnt a baby was torturous. after d+c i immediately felt better. but we were told not to conceive for a year as it would be risking my health and cancer if i did. this is where God intervened in my life. looking back i believe i had postpartum
depression after my d+c but at the time i didnt even know that was a possibility. but i was really depressed and then suspected preg 2 months after d+c!!! ahh!! we were terrified! at this point i was getting my blood drawn weekly to make sure hcg levels went back down to 0. they finally did (dr wanted them to stay at 0 for a yr) but the week after i conceived. i didnt take an at home test i just waited for the bloodwork to show. my hcg levels were soo high again they thought it had to be either another molar preg or twins. so i knew i was preg but didnt know with what, but we didnt think it could possibly be a normal preg! but during that time of not knowing God proved Himself to me and gave me incredible peace. and since those early days i trust Him completely to get me through whatever comes our way, even if i had to face cancer or infertility (all possibilities based on my history with the molar). we went into that 1st ultras at 6wks expecting another blank screen when in fact there was a healthy growing baby with a heartbeat! we didnt get attached til after the 1st tri because it still could have been an incomplete molar preg (you should google it) God is gracious and my 1st tri was the best one yet tho i was still so sick but i was able to get thru without an hosp visits for iv! now weve had issues with her heart and now with her low fluid, but i know God created her and she is in His hands. shes not “supposed” to be here but God had other plans! thats what gives me peace in the midst of the ups and downs. sorry for the long story, but i honestly just love sharing it!
ive always wondered what it would be like to have twins, but now dont think id really want to go thru being twice as sick. im so excited for you! and ill pray your preg continues to be uneventful. im a lil nervous about emergency c-section too. how does that work with twins? is dr going to try for a natural with you and c-section for emergency or is dr going to do one regardless?? also ive always wondered how it would be to carry twins because i know how much movement only one can make! does your belly ever stop moving? lol
again, sorry for the long story. its been quite a year.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Karen[/name],

Your story makes me kind of sad. I read about all the things you described - that really doesn’t sound like fun :(. I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through but I guess that makes [name]Kaia[/name] all the more special. Are you going to try for more? I will keep everything crossed that it all goes well for you and [name]Kaia[/name] is ok.

I realise just how lucky I am. I had morning sickness with my [name]Kaia[/name] for approx 7-8 weeks then the rest of the pregnancy was plain sailing and I had her at home the day before her due date - she arrived so fast the midwife pretty much just turned up just in time to catch! The sickness wasn’t that bad with the twins but although I stopped actually being sick a good few weeks ago now the constant movement of one or the other does make me feel a little naseous most of the time… They do tend to settle down for a couple of hours in the evening but pretty much the rest of the time I can feel them moving - although they are a lot more mellow than [name]Kaia[/name] was so here’s hoping that’ll continue when they are on the outside! The only difference I can tell so far between the 2 is that I am already a whale at 23 weeks, pretty much eating constantly while awake (hehe!) and possibly more tired but then I’ve got a 2 yr old to chase around as well this time so it may be about the same…

As far as C-sections go I’ve been given a 50:50 chance - depends a lot on whether they can organise themselves appropriately at the right moment! Basically as long as everything continues as it is (and because my first was so easy) they are happy to plan for a natural birth but they want me in the hospital which I’m not massively happy about but I suppose it’s a sensible precaution… I don’t like intervention in anyway if I can avoid it - so it will be up to hub to stand up for me when we go in (and he can be a bit fierce so good luck doctors!). I do think the lack of intervention and being much more relaxed at home helped a lot towards the easy birth I had with my [name]Kaia[/name]. My boys are most likely MoDi (hence the 50:50 C section thing…) but they are not completely sure - basically they think there is only one placenta but can’t be completely sure that it isn’t 2 attached together until it comes out.

Keep your chin up! She’ll be here soon. :smiley:

[name]Dahlia[/name]

now i understand your feelings toward a csection! that would be completely different experience for you! a bunch of my friends do homebirth and i think that option is great for some. i just couldnt do it, i feel more comfortable in the hosp just in case something goes wrong. ill pray that no intervention will be necessary for you! how great your husband is so supportive! i also had a good experience first time around. i had a pleasant experience not having an epidural, but im not ruling it out if i really need it!
wow [name]Kaia[/name] mustve moved around alot if the twins seem mellow. haha. you think it was any indication of [name]Kaia[/name]'s personality? [name]Tess[/name] was an average mover but theres nothing average about her! baby [name]Kaia[/name] moved alot in the beginning and i was pretty nervous about her being more busy than [name]Tess[/name], but shes calmed down now and it almost worries me, but i know shes ok.
i know exactly what you mean about the movements making you sick, but at same timethe movements are my fav part of preg!

i still would love to have more. as sick as i was with [name]Tess[/name], they are only memories yet shes here and i wouldnt want to miss out on her! my plans are to try again after [name]Kaia[/name], maybe next summer. but take a good break after that. we have a tiny house and need to make an addition first! but years down the road when the girls are older and can understand and help out more id like to have some more. but if ive learned anything out of all this, its God is the author of life, not me! if you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans! :slight_smile:
how about you? now the twins make 3 do you think youre done? or would you like [name]Kaia[/name] to have a sis?