Kibbaby is here!

After 20 hours of natural labour, 7 hours of medical intervention and an unexpected C Section, our little girl arrived with the biggest scream at 8:07 am on [name_f]April[/name_f] 30th! We brought her home unregistered and nameless, until yesterday when we finally decided to name her [name_f]Olenna[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] Z. As a long long time [name_f]Berry[/name_f], I didn’t expect to struggle this much in pulling the pin on a name, had serious decision paralysis. It wasn’t until my partner started calling her [name_f]Olenna[/name_f] that it felt fully right. I was still holding on strong to [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], because for years that was the name I thought we’d use, but it just wasn’t her. It was hard to reconcile that.

Olenna/Olena was the name that felt right in my heart for most of the pregnancy, I’d think of her as it during our prenatal yoga and when I’d think about her. I enjoy that it’s a variation of [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] which was my grandmothers middle name, and the meaning felt strong and bright. We ultimately decided on the double “n” spelling which wasn’t a Nameberry favourite, but feels/looks more balanced with the longer Ukrainian last name. And I love a double letter.

[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] was our non negotiable, but we did discuss using just [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] in the middle. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner said it should be [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] though, because if she ends up getting in trouble and “full name” scolded, being called [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] doesn’t have the same gravity haha. [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] is for my Dad [name_m]Philip[/name_m] who passed away in 2016, (and [name_m]Philip[/name_m] is also my eldest brothers middle name.) I think everyone expected me to use [name_m]Philip[/name_m] for a boy in the middle but no one expected to hear [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] in the middle for our girl. It was definitely a surprise for many. But my Dad always had wanted a daughter and was overjoyed when I came along after two boys, and I know he’d have absolutely loved his second granddaughter, and it would have meant a lot to him to share his name with her over a grandson. I share my middle name with his mother, who passed away long before his children were born, and it always made me feel connected to her, so I hope by sharing with my Dad, she’ll feel that connection too.

Thank you all for your input and encouragement along the naming process and pregnancy, we aren’t sure if we’ll be having another baby in the future but we’ll be holding on to [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], [name_f]Astraea[/name_f], [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] and [name_m]Oberon[/name_m] just in case! :two_hearts:

67 Likes

What a gorgeous name! Congratulations on your baby girl!

1 Like

Congratulations!

[name_f]Olenna[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] is a beautiful name, and so is the meaning of your choice.
The names you have saved for future babies are great too :smiley:

1 Like

congratulations!! i’ve been waiting to hear what you’d chosen. olenna philippa is gorgeous and i love how much meaning it holds for you and your partner! :heartpulse:

1 Like

Such a gorgeous name! Congratulations on your sweet girl. So incredibly excited for you! I can’t imagine how sweet and emotional it must be to finally hold your little one in your arms. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations Kibby! [name_f]Olenna[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] is a stunning choice, perfect for your sweet girl.

1 Like

ooh congratulations! [name_f]Olenna[/name_f] is a stunningly beautiful name :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations again! What a beautiful and meaningful name :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Her name is so incredible!! What a lovely pick, so classic and romantic!

Wishing you and your family so much health and happiness going forward :green_heart:

2 Likes

What a beautiful story and an even more beautiful name! Congratulations, @Kibby! [name_m]Reading[/name_m] your birth announcement after all this time is truly a joy. :heart: I’m wishing your family and especially Miss [name_f]Olenna[/name_f] the most peace, love, and happiness possible.

1 Like

She has a beautiful name! I really like the spelling of her first name too, it helps clarify pronunciation imo. Congratulations on your sweet girl!!

1 Like

Yesssss I was pro the double n spelling!

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name for a lovely girl! So happy for you! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! You’ve chosen a gorgeous name!

1 Like

Congratulations! What a beautiful name she has!

1 Like

So beautiful!

1 Like

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m] to little [name_f]Olenna[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - what a delightful name for your beautiful girl!

1 Like

Congratulations! Her name is beautiful. I love [name_f]Olenna[/name_f]!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! [name_f]Olenna[/name_f] is such a gorgeous name.

1 Like

Olenna was my favorite of the (many lovely) names you were considering! It’s such a beautiful choice. I’m so happy for you and your partner!

1 Like

Congratulations :blush: What a beautiful and meaningful name she has!

1 Like