Lasagna

So I was watching [name]King[/name] of the [name]Hill[/name] the other night and it was the episode where [name]Luann[/name] has her baby. At the end [name]Peggy[/name] asks her what she wants to name the brand new baby girl and she says Lasagna because they both love Lasagna and it seems like a good name. Now everyone was all shocked and they didn’t let her name the baby after a food. I think they went with [name]Gracie[/name] [name]Margaret[/name].

Anyway I sat there thinking and call me crazy but if it wasn’t a food it wouldn’t be that bad of a name. She could even go by [name]Anya[/name] if she wanted to. And La seems to be a popular prefix.

So I though I would ask all of you if you could think of anything that would make a good person name if it wasn’t so obviously already the name of something else.

Ecstasy… I think it would be a really really pretty name is it wasnt a drug or whatever it is…

Ha! That’s too funny. There’s a lot of words out there that would make great names if they didn’t have weird/negative meanings:

Satan (I can see this being spelled Sayton or Saetan)
Calorie
Rowdy
Titanic
Celery
Lettuce
Carrot (lol, sisters Celery, Lettuce and Carrot!)

I can’t think of any more right now, but I’ll be back later with more!

Harrow, it has such a pretty sound

Ha! The blog post about [name]Utah[/name] names had a link to a [name]Utah[/name] name site. One of them was Apathy. It actually sounds pretty, but what a horrible name to give your daughter!

I totally agree about Calorie! I have long thought it was a beautiful word.

Here are some others:
Annelida (phylum for ring-worms)
Malaria
Remeron (an antidepressant)
Linoleum
Salamander
Tsunami

Interesting topic! Personally, I don’t find Lasagna all that appealing but still.

I think Trailer would fit in these days, though I wouldn’t like it for my baby…

Trailer
City
[name]Pilot[/name]
Novel
Tenacious
[name]Drama[/name]
Memory
Chapel
Bellicose (Another dear [name]Bella[/name])

Vanity–bad meaning, but very pretty.
Chlamydia–yes, I know, but it has such a pretty sound.
Rubella–a type of measles.
Yellow–not the best color name.
Pencil–no joke…it sounds pretty to my ears.
and…Pretty. It’s too frilly to really use, but its cute.

My husband and I were joking the other day about naming our kids after our favorite brunch foods, we came up with:
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Florentine[/name]
Cocotte

I think celery and calorie are very pretty sounding!
This reminds me of Cellar Door… ([name]Edgar[/name] [name]Allen[/name] [name]Poe[/name]'s favorite phrase in the English language)

There’s an old blog on Nameberry that includes “Words That Would Make Nice Names for Babies, If It Weren”t For Their Unsuitable Meanings”:

https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/03/02/from-bertha-to-angina-one-moms-mostly-frustrated-search-for-a-good-name/

:slight_smile:

I’ve found out that [name]Florentine[/name] is an actual name. It’s used in French and [name]German[/name], and is derived from the name [name]Florence[/name]. (The word can also be used to describe someone from the city of [name]Florence[/name] in [name]Italy[/name].)

[name]How[/name] about . . .

[name]Rude[/name]
Perpective
Perspire
Cereal
Salad
[name]Cherry[/name]
Gangrene (eww)
Luscious
Trite
Furnace
Corpulent
Anvil
Island
Sausage – [name]Christy[/name] ([name]Margaret[/name])

I also thought of Calorie and Celery, but a few that haven’t been mentioned are:

Debris
Basket
Witness
Limber

Abalone
Baloney
[name]California[/name]
Cannister
Dumpster
Frankincense
Garage
Iodine
[name]Kelvin[/name]
Prism
Salami
Sermon
Tillamook
Tobacco
Veranda
Yellow
Zippadee

Fun!

My brother and wife just had a girl in january, my dad pleaded wit them to use the middle name Tsunami…our last name is [name]Hazard[/name]. They went with danger instead!! lol.

Monarchy
Platinum
Mascara
Novel
Pomegranate
Ringlet
Diary
Feline

Interesting. I think Mirror would make a nice sounding name. And [name]Dancer[/name].

• Anon.

oohhh… delish! I would ad Brioche to the list too!

I’ve always thought that [name]Almond[/name] is a pretty name for a girl, and as a child I wanted to name a boy Lucifer like the cat in [name]Cinderella[/name]. Only later did my mom tell me it was another name for the devil when I suggested it for my brother’s name.