Leslie with middle names, or MacKenzie! Or Kenslie! Thoughts?

See the results of this poll: Which name would you choose?

Respondents: 48 (This poll is closed)

• Leslie Maria Hernandez : 8 (17%)
  • Ellen Mackenzie Hernandez : 12 (25%)
  • Sara Mackenzie Hernandez : 7 (15%)
  • Kenslie… Help with full name and middle name? : 4 (8%)
  • Lily Mackenzie Hernandez : 12 (25%)
  • Leslie Alicia Hernandez: 5 (10%)

I voted for [name]Ellen[/name] [name]MacKenzie[/name] but I would never suggest [name]McKenzie[/name] for a girl’s first name, never. I do like it for a boy but I think the girls have spoilt it.

In regard to [name]Leslie[/name] it fits the same box as [name]Kerry[/name] and I think they are both awful.

I voted for [name]Sara[/name] [name]Mackenzie[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name], although I wouldn’t use [name]Mackenzie[/name] as it just doesn’t seem to flow. Maybe [name]Sara[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] or [name]Sara[/name] [name]Magdalen[/name] or possibly [name]Marlene[/name]? Especially like [name]Sara[/name] [name]Magdalen[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name].

Good luck!

I appreciate your opinion and your vote, even though it sounds like we have very different tastes! But that’s what nameberry forums are for, so thanks! I am glad you liked [name]Ellen[/name] [name]Mackenzie[/name]. The masculine sound of [name]Mackenzie[/name] and Kenslie is what is getting to me too, so I see your point. But I have heard [name]Mackenzie[/name] on so many girls that it now seems like a girl’s name to me. But even [name]Leslie[/name] was also previously a guys name, and it is definitely a girl’s name now!

Thanks theatrenut! I like your suggestion of [name]Sara[/name] [name]Marlene[/name]. I know two awesome people named [name]Marlene[/name] and as I mentioned on my [name]Leslie[/name] forums, I like variations of [name]Maria[/name] because that was my mom’s mn.

[name]Sara[/name] [name]Mackenzie[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name] is the prettiest of the bunch. I think [name]Leslie[/name] is bit dated as a 70s/80s name and not quite ready for a comeback. The one [name]Leslie[/name] I know complained that come middle school she was constantly teased, with boys calling her “les” and “lesbie” (lesbian). You seem to like [name]Lily[/name], [name]Sara[/name], and [name]Ellen[/name] which all more classical names; how about one of those for the first name, and [name]Mackenzie[/name], [name]Leslie[/name], or Kenslie for the middle?

Some other names that came to mind:
[name]Elsie[/name]/[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Liesel[/name]
[name]Larisa[/name]
[name]Elisabeth[/name]
[name]Carys[/name] (Welsh name meaning “[name]Love[/name]”)
Elsinore (I know, seems totally off the wall, but it’s a Shakespearean place name and I know a girl with this name…seems to fit in with the sounds of your other names)
[name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Sally[/name]
[name]Kinsey[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Elisa[/name]
[name]Kerrigan[/name]
Kinsale
Hennessy

I think [name]Mackenzie[/name] is perfectly fine as a girls name. My only objection to it in your case is that [name]Mackenzie[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name] is very long! Not just in syllables, but also in letters.

Also, are you attracted to [name]Mackenzie[/name] partially because of Irish/Scottish heritage? Not that such heritage makes it a prerequisite, but more interesting/fresh than the [name]Mac[/name]- names for girls is O’- names. Like O’[name]Connell[/name], O’[name]Keefe[/name], O’[name]Malley[/name]… They are way out there right now though. [name]Just[/name] a suggestion! Good luck with your search. : )

[name]Mackenzie[/name] is not a boy’s name to me…I voted for [name]Lily[/name] I like it spelled this way but also like [name]Sarah[/name](this way)

Thanks rosierose! I understand that [name]Leslie[/name] is dated for most people, but I didnt realize that there were grounds for teasing, as those that I know with the name have never been teased about it. I hope my future daughter will have their luck. And well, even my perfectly popular/trendy name has been teased. That being said, I really liked your suggestions, so I will try to see what other ideas I can come up with as well. And you’re right, [name]MacKenzie[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name] is long! Haha. Not a fan of the Os though. I think I like [name]MacKenzie[/name] because of the zie sound at the end. [name]Leslie[/name] is similar in that aspect.
Mollykat - thanks! I like the [name]Sarah[/name] spelling too.

Kenslie looks like it’s been made up, sort of ‘spelling mistake-ish’. I vote [name]Lily[/name] [name]Maria[/name].

[name]Lily[/name] [name]Maria[/name] is a great suggestion. Thanks!

I do like the repeating z sounds of “[name]Mackenzie[/name]” and “[name]Hernandez[/name]” though! I guess [name]Leslie[/name] has that as well though it’s not as striking because there’s no actual z. I also think [name]Mackenzie[/name] [name]Maria[/name] is pretty. Good luck picking!

I love [name]Leslie[/name]! I think it is underused and don’t find it dated.
I also love [name]Sara[/name], although if you want something a little less common, [name]Leslie[/name] is the way to go.

I don’t like Kenslie or [name]McKenzie[/name] at all, and although I love the name [name]Ellen[/name], I am very tired of all the [name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Ella[/name]/[name]Elle[/name] names and nicknames…I hear ‘[name]Ellie[/name]’ every 2 seconds around here it seems.

Thanks Rosierose! And norskelove, I’m glad for a [name]Leslie[/name] fan! Thanks!

[name]Leslie[/name] is alright, though it IS dated. Have you considered it in the middle spot, instead of [name]Mackenzie[/name]? For example, [name]Sara[/name] [name]Leslie[/name], or [name]Ellen[/name] [name]Leslie[/name]? Also, I agree with previous posts, Kenslie sounds very made up to me. [name]Kendra[/name], [name]Kenzie[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name] could all be alternatives that sound more real and birth-certificate worthy. For example: [name]Lily[/name] [name]Kendra[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name].

Thanks! Actually, I was hoping for full names that Kenslie could be a nickname for. [name]Sara[/name] [name]Leslie[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] [name]Kendra[/name] are nice suggestions. :slight_smile:

I like clairelise’s suggestions esp [name]Sara[/name] [name]Leslie[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] [name]Kendra[/name]

Thanks! I like those suggestions too.

Kenslie [name]Ellen[/name]?

That sounds pretty, but I am trying to go for Kenslie as a nickname for something… Someone mentioned the name [name]Kendra[/name]. What about [name]Leslie[/name] [name]Kendra[/name] and Kenslie as a nn? I dont remember knowing anyone with the name [name]Kendra[/name], but l like the way it sounds. Does anyone have any insight about it?

I really like the sound of [name]Sara[/name] (or [name]Sarah[/name]) with [name]Hernandez[/name]
[name]Sara[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name]
[name]Sara[/name] Kenslie [name]Hernandez[/name]
[name]Sara[/name] [name]Lily[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name]