Love a name that everyone hates?

My daughter is [name]Rosemary[/name] and the reaction was almost entirely positive. Most people think it’s sweet and unusual but not weird. My mother-in-law hated it at first, but she’s come around now that she associates it with her granddaughter.
My husband and I both love the name [name]Walter[/name], and we’ve gotten laughed at for suggesting it. We’ll probably end up using it anyway and people can laugh about our bad taste behind our backs. :slight_smile:

My daughter is [name]Rosemary[/name] and the reaction was almost entirely positive. Most people think it’s sweet and unusual but not weird. My mother-in-law hated it at first, but she’s come around now that she associates it with her granddaughter.
My husband and I both love the name [name]Walter[/name], and we’ve gotten laughed at for suggesting it. We’ll probably end up using it anyway and people can laugh about our bad taste behind our backs. :slight_smile:

Pretty much my entire name list?? To the point where berries won’t even comment on my threads haha. DH loves all of them too though, and my best friend is bluntly honest, and she likes them too! So in real life, I have nothing to worry about! [name]Odessa[/name], [name]Corisande[/name], [name]Althea[/name], [name]Lachlan[/name], [name]Evander[/name] and [name]Theron[/name] are my top picks for first names!

I love “old” names:

[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Homer[/name]
[name]Otis[/name]

[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Doris[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]

Mine is [name]Imogen[/name]. I’ve loved the name since I saw the movie Down to You. And, I have a degree in art history and there’s an American Photographer named [name]Imogen[/name] Cunningham…gorgeous work!

[name]Melanie[/name]
Mom to [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Kathryne[/name]

[name]Nala[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] for a girl
[name]Harley[/name] for a boy

I agree with [name]Jemima[/name]! [name]Love[/name] that name!

No one seems to like the name Liat (girl) or [name]Aleph[/name] (boy), both of which I love. None of my family likes the name [name]Claudia[/name]. And frankly, I’m a little afraid to even bring up the name [name]Icarus[/name].

I love [name]Allegra[/name], but most people don’t seem to share my feelings for it (or they might like it but can’t get past the allergy-medication association). My mom likes it though, which surprised me because I expected a negative reaction from her!

completely love it.

[name]Florence[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name]

[name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Adelaide[/name]

[name]Roisin[/name]. [name]Favorite[/name] name since I saw it.
Also, I agree with a way earlier post about [name]Yvette[/name]. I totally love that name!

[name]Astrid[/name]. I get a lot of weird looks for that one.

[name]London[/name] on a boy would be so cool =) I love [name]London[/name], so it would make a brilliant name
[name]Kent[/name] is lovely for a boy too i think. I wanted [name]Kent[/name] on my list but my other half didnt take to it. [name]Kyan[/name] and [name]Kent[/name] looked like a lot of K, but I still liked it!

[name]Ava[/name] for a girl!

[name]Elena[/name] was my top pick for my 2nd daughter (we ended up with [name]Miranda[/name]) and that didn’t get a whole lot of love.
[name]Sienna[/name] for my first daughter got no love as well (she ended up as [name]Miranda[/name].)

I really loved, and got negative responses, for my 2nd daughter: [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Carys[/name] as well.

I don’t have any boy names because I don’t have any sons I’ve never looked into it much!
My husband didn’t really care for [name]Simon[/name] though, which was my top pick if #2 had been a boy!
Oh, I’d also really loved [name]Gabriel[/name] for a boy.

Turns out my husband has two cousins who used 2 of my names! [name]Gabriel[/name] was born a few months before my 1st and [name]Avery[/name] was born about 5 months after my 2nd.

EDIT: Just remembered - Everleigh! (Or Everly) for a girl! My husband didn’t miss a beat saying NO!
sighs I still love that name.

I actually really like [name]Icarus[/name]. I don’t think I would actually use it, but I love it. I also love almost all of the names in your sig; my daughter’s name is [name]Emmeline[/name], and [name]Gemma[/name] was a close runner-up for her :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Beatrice[/name]- which gets pretty good reception here- but when I told my Mom, she looked blankly, and said: “[name]Bea[/name]-trice.”
“No, Mom, Be-u-trice.” … “[name]Bea[/name]-trice.” And then my dad said “I had an aunt named Beartha. That’s what I think of. Berrr-thaaaa.”
I have a feeling ten years from now, she still won’t be too pleased with it. My sister also wasn’t that big a fan of the combination [name]Florence[/name] [name]Leontine[/name], but she has warmed up to [name]Florence[/name].
My best friend didn’t like [name]Bertram[/name] [name]Humphrey[/name], but she want’s to spell [name]Benjamin[/name] with an R in there, or use Naveah, so she’s not one to really judge.

• [name]Athena[/name]

Nobody seems keen of [name]Barnaby[/name], [name]Rupert[/name] or [name]Wilbur[/name] on here, which is a shame.

I never hear a good thing about [name]Gladys[/name]. Am I crazy to like it? I think it’s very 1920s film-starrish. Very glamorous, [name]IMO[/name]. But everyone says it’s an ugly old lady name.