Making Lists?

I am on my laptop, using Firefox, but if you say it’s working, let me retry!

Update: I just tried it, and it worked this time. Not sure what was going on before. Anyway, the lists work, too! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, they’re working for me too! Yay. I have asked if it’s possible to reduce the 4 save buttons to a single save for the whole list. That would be a lot simpler.

1 Like

Oh, yes! That would be so nice! Thanks, @katinka. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can now add girl names to lists but not boy names

@elanorelle @Randomdude555

We have made it so a comma after each name will also enter it and prompt that grey box. [name_m]Can[/name_m] you please try creating/editing a list on mobile again, but this time press comma rather than enter/return after each name.

@elanorelle Removing the multiple save buttons is fairly complex, but what we’ve done instead (possibly as an interim measure, possibly for good, depending on how it works) is to hide the save buttons until you make a change under one of the headings, then the save button for just that heading will become visible.

2 Likes

I tried it, and this is what it did:

When I hit save, it saved only the girls, and they appeared in the list joined with the commas. :confused: I tried it in landscape, then, just to see if it was a portrait mode problem, like the search function, and it still didn’t work. The thing I am noticing is that it’s just the boys section. I can add girls names like normal, no problem. [name_f]My[/name_f] guess is if the boys and girls were separate sections, it would work. However, it could just be my particular phone (Samsung) or browser (Chrome)? I mean, if you’re not experiencing this… :woman_shrugging:t3:

I do like the hidden save! That was a good idea.

Thanks, we’ll try again!

1 Like

@katinka piggybacking on what @Randomdude555 said -

We used to be able to go to a name’s page, and underneath the name there was not only the option to heart it, but also to add it to one of our lists. I can no longer find a way to do this. Is it a glitch, or has that functionality disappeared? Right now, the only way I can see to add a name to a list is to go to the list itself and add the name manually.

Sort of both! The function has disappeared for now, however we are working on bringing it back if we can.

1 Like

I have just tested this again, and on my phone at least, the comma seems to work. [name_m]Can[/name_m] you please test again? :pray:

1 Like

I’m sorry! It still doesn’t work for me. :confused: It must just be the way my phone’s keyboard is, though I have no idea why. As before, the girls’ section works fine, but the boys’ won’t let me add names.

That’s so strange! What phone is it, if you don’t mind sharing?

Hopefully, once the “add names to list” direct from name pages function is brought back, this will be less of an issue :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

It’s a Samsung [name_u]Galaxy[/name_u], though I forget what model it is…7, I think? :grimacing:

Oh, yes! I am glad that function is being brought back! I am sure it will be very helpful on any device.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the function to add a name to a list from the name’s page is brought back. Making lists is nearly impossible without it, so clunky and time consuming.

1 Like

@elanorelle Are you still experiencing this issue with the commas to separate names not working when adding names to lists on your phone? If so, please could you test it again for me? We’ve hopefully found a fix :crossed_fingers:

I tried to go and test this, but I cannot seem to log in on my phone. I tried multiple times, reset my password twice, but every time I try logging in, it reloads the page and I am still logged out. :grimacing:

Have you tried clearing cookies and cache?

I just did that and tried again, but it’s still not working…

Oh no! OK, it’s a Samsung [name_u]Galaxy[/name_u] 7, right? And what browser?

Yes, and the browser is Chrome.

1 Like