Melchizedek

We know our first born son, will be [name_m]Charles[/name_m] after his father, and grandpa.
For baby 2 we are thinking Melchizedek. Is this too out there? Especially when paired with [name_m]Charles[/name_m]?

Melchizedek after the mystery man in the bible also known as king of peace or righteousness…

I like the idea of naming after a Biblical character with an interesting story, but Melchizedek will be a nightmare for people to spell and pronounce. It is really out there; I would use it as a quirky middle rather than a first that would be used everyday.

Sorry it is a bit to ‘Out There’ and I can’t even spell it nor pronounce! Sorry.

No one will know how to pronounce it when they see it, or spell it when they hear it. It doesn’t go with [name_m]Charles[/name_m] at ALL. (BTW I love [name_m]Charles[/name_m]!) Its weird. Weird names aren’t always the nicest thing to do to your kids. Also, imagine how hell feel with a brother named [name_m]Charles[/name_m].

[name_m]WAY[/name_m] too out there to go with [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. And difficult to pronounce and spell, and this is coming from someone whose religion uses the name regularly. I imagine it would be even more difficult for people who don’t hear/see it often.

I’d be kind and give potential boy #2 an easier name to live with. Would you like to go by Melchizedek? Maybe put it in the middle spot?

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Charles[/name_m] Melchizidek as a combo?

In the Mormon religion “Melchizedek” (not sure how to spell it and I have heard and seen it all my life) is a branch of the Priesthood, named after the man in the bible. I think it would be a strange name way too out there to use for a baby. What about the name [name_m]Deacon[/name_m]?

1 Like

[name_m]Way[/name_m] too much and not paired well with [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. What about:

[name_m]Ephraim[/name_m]

Allon - oak. (1.) The expression in the Authorized Version of [name_m]Josh[/name_m]. 19:33, "from Allon to Zaanannim

[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] - one of the twelve apostles ([name_m]Matt[/name_m]. 10:3; Acts 1:13);

[name_m]Eliezer[/name_m]- God is his help

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]

Unusable, even for a middle imo.

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] and Melchizedek? Too out there? Yes. Melchizedek would be hating life with [name_m]Charles[/name_m] as a brother, a father and a grandfather. Either put it in the middle or change [name_m]Charles[/name_m]’ name to Methuselah.

Melchizedek would make an ultra-cool biblical middle, and would be optimal paired with a common, one-syllable family first name like [name_m]Charles[/name_m].

Did you give birth to triplets as planned in [name_u]November[/name_u] 2013?

Knowing their names might help us help you better.

Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums!

You are assuming that you are going to have 2 sons, but why not just use it as [name_m]Charles[/name_m]’ middle name instead? I’m with the others, this name is way too out there and tough to pronounce and spell. If you like it, its better as a middle.

Its a good name but today I would think middle name or a similar name like [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] or maverick. Its a big name, however like I said even [name_m]Charles[/name_m] could carry it as a middle

I think [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and Melchizedek is actually pretty cool. It is very out-there, but if you don’t mind that, it could definitely be striking. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up going by [name_u]Mel[/name_u], though. (Which is an excellent nickname.)
Although, honestly, it would probably be safer to stick it in the middle.

I very much doubt it.

Personally I really like the name Melchizedek, it’s a name I have liked for a while but I also have reservations with it being too much. Although a lot of the other names on my list are also similarly uncommon biblical or Catholic names that would pair well with it, as much as I love both the names [name_u]Charles[/name_u] and Melchizedek I am not sure they pair well together as brothers.

This thread is almost a decade old.