Middle name Sun

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,

I need some help. My husband and I are adopting a baby from Korea. She will actually be home in a few weeks right before she turns nine months old if everything goes as plan. Her birth name is [name]Sun[/name] [name]Yon[/name]. We’ll be keeping [name]Sun[/name] as the middle, but I can’t find the right first name for her, and it is driving me CRAZY. All the names I have thought about for my daughter (for years) don’t seem to fit this dark haired beauty (crazy black hair, think unbrushed, almost mohawkish) :slight_smile: with deep, black eyes. I think the problem is the names I have loved for so long, I have imagined as a blond hair, blue or green eyed little girl that resembles my biological son, [name]Sawyer[/name] and don’t fit for our Korean [name]Angel[/name]. We are estatic about this little girl and I want to find the perfect name for her. Help, please!

The names I love, but don’t fit so you get my style are:

[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]

She doesn’t look like any of these, plus [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] and [name]Olive[/name] [name]Sun[/name] don’t work.

[name]Matilda[/name]: This would work for her I think, but my best friend just named her baby that.
[name]Maisie[/name]: [name]Don[/name]'t like with ‘M’ last name.
[name]Violet[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Violet[/name], but [name]Violet[/name] [name]Sun[/name] is not a good combo.

I don’t want anything too popular, but nothing outlandish.

I’ll take any suggestions, as long as they go with [name]Sun[/name] (her middle) and McKay (her last name)? Thanks!

I have a South Korean friend and her name is [name]Anne[/name]. I had no problem relating to that although all the [name]Anne[/name]'s in my mind have been blonde.

What about [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Sun[/name]?

[name]Sawyer[/name] and …

[name]Aubrey[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Briar[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Cary[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Farrah[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Haley[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay

My neighbors have a girl adopted from Korea, and her name is [name]Lucy[/name]. It fits her to a tee!

I really like the name [name]Lucy[/name], but that is our dog’s name. :slight_smile: Thanks for the suggestions.

I really like [name]Sawyer[/name] and I think keeping [name]Sun[/name] as a mn is a wonderful idea:) Some suggestions:

[name]Agatha[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Leonora[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Louella[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay - I couldn’t resist:)
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay

[name]Hope[/name] this helped:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Of the names you listed, [name]Georgia[/name] is definitely my favorite based on your description of her, and I think [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay is a great name!

But if you are not sold on it, then suggestions:

Wilhemina [name]Sun[/name] McKay (nn [name]Willa[/name] or [name]Mina[/name])
[name]Veronica[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay (nn [name]Vera[/name] or Noni or [name]Nica[/name])
[name]Angelica[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay (since you called her your [name]Angel[/name]…)
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Malia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay (“Ma - [name]LEE[/name] - ah”)
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay (“EE - sa - bell”)

Congratulations!

What about [name]Aurora[/name]? It means “dawn”, “freshness”, “new beginnings” in various cultures. I also think it sounds very pretty with [name]Sun[/name] as a middle name.

Good luck!

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Milena[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name] [name]Sun[/name]

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Sun[/name] is too silly for me. I love [name]Aurora[/name], but likewise, it’s way too much with [name]Sun[/name].

The girls’ names you say you like are rather old ones very much in the style popular now ([name]Matilda[/name]'s already big in Australia and [name]Isla[/name] in New Zealand), but they don’t seem like [name]Sawyer[/name] at all. [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]? [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name]? [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Agatha[/name]? Those just don’t go together. I think you should be looking at something more modern-style. But I have to admit that modern-sounding names don’t seem to fit Asians as well, probably because [name]Asian[/name]-Americans tend to choose names rather behind white naming trends.

What about [name]Georgiana[/name] or [name]Georgina[/name]? Some more suggestions:

[name]Tia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Leora[/name]/[name]Leona[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Antonia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Thalia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Leonie[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Bethany[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Mallory[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Hilary[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Calista[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Larissa[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Laila[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] McKay** (I actually think this goes perfectly and goes well with [name]Sawyer[/name])

[name]Love[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Louella[/name] from your suggestions.

[name]Georgia[/name] is definitely one of my favorites, but I think [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] sounds like a sunny day in the state, but thanks. Also, I really think [name]Malia[/name] is pretty, but I’m not a fan of it when you put it with McKay, but thanks for all the suggestions.

[name]Jordan[/name]-[name]Meredith[/name]: I really like the name [name]Aurora[/name], plus the nickname [name]Rory[/name], but not sure about it with [name]Sun[/name].

Irisrose: [name]Love[/name] [name]Lily[/name] & [name]Anna[/name], but too popular for me. [name]Love[/name] [name]Laurel[/name].

Minkajoy: [name]Love[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] & [name]Amelia[/name].

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Keep them coming.

[name]Georgia[/name] is definitely one of my favorites, but I think [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] sounds like a sunny day in the state, but thanks. Also, I really think [name]Malia[/name] is pretty, but I’m not a fan of it when you put it with McKay, but thanks for all the suggestions.[/quote]

Then how about [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Sun[/name] instead?

I’m not worried about their names going together. I’m more about finding a name I love that fits [name]Sunny[/name]. [name]Sawyer[/name] is my maiden name and that is how we picked it, not because it was modern. :slight_smile:

[name]Georgia[/name] is definitely one of my favorites, but I think [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] sounds like a sunny day in the state, but thanks. Also, I really think [name]Malia[/name] is pretty, but I’m not a fan of it when you put it with McKay, but thanks for all the suggestions.[/quote]

Then how about [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Sun[/name] instead?[/quote]

I’m not a fan of [name]Georgina[/name].

I agree, more or less. I think the A-ending names ([name]Tia[/name], [name]Leila[/name], [name]Amelia[/name]) go better with [name]Sun[/name]. Of course, those are the sort of names I favor anyway. But I definitely think a too-long first name will make the middle name seem weird.

Also, I really don’t like [name]Leona[/name] or [name]Leonie[/name] with [name]Sun[/name]. I think combining a “lion” name with [name]Sun[/name] is too much.

[name]Tia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] is great

[name]Lucia[/name] (too close to [name]Lucy[/name] I guess unless you pronounced it [name]Lu[/name]-CHEE-a)
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]

She sounds so beautiful!!! I saw that you call her [name]Sunny[/name] (so cute!!), and thought you may like [name]Susannah[/name], nn [name]Sunny[/name] (not with [name]Sun[/name] in the middle, though).

(I’m really sorry for repeats):

[name]Adelia[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] (nn [name]Cora[/name])
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Sun[/name] (nature theme, though…you could call her [name]Lia[/name])
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Sun[/name]

I saw you had [name]Matilda[/name] listed, and I think that [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Sun[/name] is adorable! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Marisol[/name] has ‘sol’ meaning sun in it in case you would prefer to incorporate the ‘sun’ into another name.