Middle names for Leo

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries!

We’ve just had our second baby boy!

After much thought we’ve decided to call him [name_m]Leo[/name_m]… I exhausted the internet searching for something I liked more but I like it more and more and it suits him well. He was born during the time of the annual [name_m]Leonid[/name_m] meteor showers, was born en caul, and was very strong in utero even though he is very little.

His older brother is [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u], and the last name is 3 syllabes St@£|ton.

Now for middles!!! What are your thoughts?

I’d like him to have 2 middles to match his brother.

OHs not as into names as me, but liked [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]…

Another name I love as a middle is [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]… its beekeeper/honey meanings tie in with the meaning of my firstname.

What are thoughts on:

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]?

Is it too different stylistically to [name_u]Kai[/name_u]'s name?

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Kai[/name_u] is so cute and handsome! I think that [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] works great with [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u].

I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Kai[/name_u] together! I do find [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] and [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] to be different stylistically, but I don’t think that’s a problem. Their first names work wonderfully together, and both combos are lovely.

Thanks for the feedback! OH has compromised both times to let me choose my favourite as their firsts, so I can’t monopolize the middles as well!

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] is was a recent thought to honour my mums name [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] (which I believe is the feminine of [name_m]Charles[/name_m]?)

I wonder if [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] has a better flow… or if [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] better mirrors [name_u]Kai[/name_u]'s name??

Other names I like as middles are
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Vaughan[/name_m]
[name_u]Amari[/name_u]
[name_f]Cypress[/name_f]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

??

Am I best keeping the first or looking at possible combos from the above?

What combos would you make from these… or what else might you suggest??

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] does flow better than the other combo. I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] would sound perfect with [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] style-wise. It also flows beautifully.

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] has better flow. I do really like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] though. I don’t find them TOO different style-wise from [name_u]Kai[/name_u]'s name. I actually sort of like how well [name_u]Kai[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] go as a sibset, yet how they’re their own distinct names on their own, if that makes sense. Not too matchy.

Also, I have a [name_m]Leo[/name_m] too, so excellent choice, haha!

Fearlessfirefly, I do like the sound of [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] as well…

I think [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is one of those names that sounds great with most other names :blush:

Lilimorgana I was having doubts over [name_m]Leo[/name_m]'s popularity, but have not heard it much around here.

There were few I loved as much and also love how they sound together!

I have made many combinations but with bub being almost 4 weeks old it’s time to make a solid decision! We only agreed on [name_m]Leo[/name_m] a few days ago!! Naming is so fun but so hard!!!

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] would be nice!!

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Alphonse[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Archer[/name_m]

Hmm, maybe showing my ocd a bit greyblue but as [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] 3syllablelastname I don’t think it flows as well ”
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Archer[/name_m] is nice ”
So many great combinations!

@adelina_sophia thank you!

@jonquils - i was a bit worried it migjt sound that way… we are not at all Catholic, my OH seemed to suggest names that sounded that way. He told me he doesn’t care what names mean (sooo opposite to me!) That he just likes the way some sound… he also suggested a few names like [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], Aziah, Akiri, Annakin…[name_m]Leroy[/name_m]

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] was my #1 for a while before bub arrived - i found it strong but soft, handsome, classic yet modern. Easy to spell and pronounce, nickname proof. [name_m]Lion[/name_m] related to strength and nobility. And it sounds great with last name and with [name_u]Kai[/name_u].

Middles are rarely used on a daily basis, in the scheme of things and in the spirit of compromise it is a handsome sounding name… .

I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]! [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is lovely, too. I admit I slightly prefer the look of [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], but [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] flows flawlessly.

Good luck, Mama!

@ashthedreamer… I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] too! I think he would be [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] somethingelse if compromise was not at all important!

I am second guessing now, despite all the positive comments about [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], that it could in fact be too “sainty”.

Am i just overthinking now?

[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] (3 syllable last name) would work great, then you have the subtle tie of matching middle initials so even if stylistically they are a bit different, I think it still works!
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] still sounds lovely too though!
If you want a name that matches a little bit more with your other name, I would incorporate maybe [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_u]Everest[/name_u] from your list. I would add [name_u]Orion[/name_u] to this, but the o sounds with [name_u]Orion[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] don’t sound great to me regardless of which spot [name_u]Orion[/name_u] is in.
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] - still has the matching middle initials
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

Good luck!

@loverenae, a case of forest for the trees… I had not even really noticed the matching initials, lol!

The more I trial other combos, the more [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] appeals and seems to flow better.

Current considerations:
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] (×too hard to say with the Os)

I do like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u] from the above suggestions, perhaps slightly descriptive… almost sounds like a place name?

I also like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] ”

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] Altas and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] strike me to be to much S… especially with last name starting with S…

What is everyones fave combo from these?

This is just out of nowhere, but I like the sound of [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m].

@suzannah [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] Bartholemew is handsome but not quite my style… thank you for the suggestion!

Any other votes or thoughts on the above combos?

Out of the list you have here, my fave combos are
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]

I don’t love the [name_m]Charles[/name_m] combination, I think [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] right next to each other is a litel difficult to say. Maybe it’s the R’s? I agree with what you said about [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], and while I love [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] as an option, I think it is too far from your previous style choice with your first child’s name. Gives an entirely different feel, imo.

My fave 2 are [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u] & [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]. I like the subtle descriptive quality of the [name_u]River[/name_u] combo, and I like that the [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] combo matches the first child’s middle initials. Style wise I think that both of these names match pretty well with your first child’s name without being exactly alike. If the names going together is an important quality to you, I like how these two connect with [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] the best. But if that’s not an issue for you any of those ones you listed sound lovely :slight_smile:

@loverenae, thanks for the feedback!

I’m hesitant to let [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] go, I’ve been loving that name and attached symbolism for a while now… [name_m]Leo[/name_m] will be our last bubba so i think i really want to use it!

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] i threw into the mix when i started considering honour names, it may be a bit 'S’ey with Ambose and last name beginning with S…? I do quite like it though. But then it feels like OH suggestions don’t get a look in :oops:

[name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is a bit of an odd one out isnt it?

I like the fresh feel of [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] and the tie in of initials… it is not super important to have parallel meaning or the full names matching… i think the style and feel of [name_u]Kai[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] together is great :slight_smile: and rarely would both full names be used together (or analysed to this degree!)

I’m undecided about [name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]… i quite like it’s vibe.

I agree with your thoughts loverenae… i think my faves are

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] I don’t love as much anymore, i think a mix of 2 and 3 syllables is better than all 2s??

@loverenae, thanks for the feedback!

I’m hesitant to let [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] go, I’ve been loving that name and attached symbolism for a while now… [name_m]Leo[/name_m] will be our last bubba so i think i really want to use it!

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] i threw into the mix when i started considering honour names, it may be a bit 'S’ey with Ambose and last name beginning with S…? I do quite like it though. But then it feels like OH suggestions don’t get a look in :oops:

[name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is a bit of an odd one out isnt it?

I like the fresh feel of [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] and the tie in of initials… it is not super important to have parallel meaning or the full names matching… i think the style and feel of [name_u]Kai[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] together is great :slight_smile: and rarely would both full names be used together (or analysed to this degree!)

I’m undecided about [name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]… i quite like it’s vibe.

I agree with your thoughts loverenae… i think my faves are

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] I don’t love as much anymore, i think a mix of 2 and 3 syllables is better than all 2s??

Sounds like [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is an important name to you, I love that you have a special tie to it :slight_smile: I can see what you are saying about the syllables, also. You probably would want some variation in there.

It also seems like you are doing a great job of narrowing it down for yourself and figuring out what you want for your little guy!

If you need more feedback, my pick between your two [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] names is [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m].

It is such a special thing, naming babies. You can go back and forth figuring out which ones sound the best with which names, make lists and cross off a dozen names, then in the end, just pick the name that feels the most ‘right’ regardless
<3